PDA

View Full Version : Front Discs & Pads needed ASAP Help

lo-fasty
21-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Hi

I need to get some front discs and pads for my Legnum quick, as mine have started to grind. Having trouble tracking some down who sells them?

I would like to upgrade to drilled discs and better pads as they were always a bit poo.

I have a Legnum VR-4 on a 1997 'P' plate.

Thanks for any help :2thumbsup

Nutter_John
21-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Camskill do them , and I think Rossini do so good drilled /slotted disks ( these are the ones Kieran used)

Cheers John

colVR4
21-12-2006, 10:03 AM
As John has already said, Camskill are your best bet for getting the parts quickly. However, don't just email them with a request, give them a call. They will be really helpful and should have the parts out on next day delivery.

The Ferodo pads are your best (and most expensive) option, but the Mintex are very good (much better than standard pads) and are a fraction of the price. As for disks, EBC do a grooved/drilled disk which are quite reasonable or you could get the Rossini as John suggested.

richy rich
21-12-2006, 10:11 AM
sorry bret i did say id do this for you.

here is woodfords details

Website still under construction HERE

For now tel: 01803 863958 and ask for Simon - make sure you tell him you are from Club VR4 for a discounted price. Registered Blitz dealer, but can get just about anything. Popular front brake set up supplier to many CVR4 members.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5119

as said above i think rossini is your best bet, get grooved only for longer live of pads or drilled and grooved for best braking.

Wodjno
21-12-2006, 10:27 AM
http://www.performancebrakes.co.uk/search.php

DISCS

Part Ref. Front or Rear Price Inc. VAT Solid or Vented No. of Holes Diam. Hub Diam. Height New Thick-ness Min Thick-ness

GD974 Front £215.42 V 5 294 155 46 24 22

PADS

Green Stuff DP2954 Front £55.64

Red Stuff DP3954C Front £64.19

Yellow Stuff DP4954 Front £70.61

Blue Stuff DP5954 Front £77.68

Prices include delivery.... + you get 5% discount for ordering a set of discs and pads..

If your a returning customer, you receive 12 1/2 % discount ..

lo-fasty
21-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Where can I get camskills number from?

Thanks for all your help so far

woodfords were unable to help have no discs available til late january at earlyest /Grrr

lo-fasty
21-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Found nuber on their website now been ordered be about a week delivery. Thanks for all your help. :2thumbsup /thankyou

Still after them springs Rich If you can post them :thumbsup:

ntrance
22-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Just recieved my complete set of camskill discs & ferodo pads. 2 day delivery
Had major warping on drivers front after going through a very deep puddle /Grrr

Also bought the servicing kit too !

£650 in total.

Al.

lo-fasty
22-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Just recieved my complete set of camskill discs & ferodo pads. 2 day delivery
Had major warping on drivers front after going through a very deep puddle /Grrr

Also bought the servicing kit too !

£650 in total.

Al.

So you had the last set!! Now I have to wait a week /Grrr

Hope they are as good as they sound. :happy:

ntrance
22-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I am very foolishly going to attempt to change them tomorrow in the <10oC weather ! Looks pretty straight forward from the guides HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18330&page=1&pp=20)

Sorry for nicking the last set !
They are very very heavy, and a notice on the ferodos are "FOR RACE USE ONLY" woohoo /rally to work once bedded in !

May look into getting the braided hoses in the near future.

Was the oil servicing kits a good offer or not? tried to google the ATF fluid but couldn't find it else where for sale.

Hmm going to need to pop to halfords in the morning too, they never sent the copperslip replacement stuff, and i need brake disc cleaner.

Anyways thumbs up to camskill! Free add on the site barry?

LINK to all Mitsi Galant/ Legnum parts from Camskill (http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b0s0p0)

Al.

lo-fasty
23-12-2006, 12:12 AM
I've ordered the same pads too so sound good :d

I'm going to have to fit mine in any weather soon as they come too, not able to use car at moment :( My fault I never ordered them sooner /duh so you got the last set, been meaning to sort them out for weeks before hand. Good luck with the fit, should be easy

lo-fasty
04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, got my brakes at last. Delivered and fitted yesterday and eally happy with them so far pedel feels better than it ever has :2thumbsup

Just need to get it lowered next :thumbsup: Rich is hooking me up with some spring /Wave so will be slammed soon I hope