PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel exhaust stuff

Kenneth
21-12-2006, 04:16 AM
I am currently looking at pricing up the material for making stainless steel exhausts.

At this point the main thing holding me back is the lack of a TIG welder.
However, once sorted ill be looking at doing bits and pieces of exhausts.

First off I will be making the section from Cat to back axle. This requires 2 flanges, 2 resonators and some stainless tube.

if people are interested I can look at doing multiple units. This of course would spread the cost for some things and of course make it easier for me to get the stuff for initial startup (exhaust flanges laser cut, pipe in the 6M length needed to get it at a good rate and TIG welder)

so if you are interested let me know and i'll start pricing stuff up. Be aware that the actual building my not start for a couple of months depending on how quickly I can get stuff together.

bradc
21-12-2006, 05:10 AM
we've got a welder and a large shed, with enough room to have a vr-4 in it and to be able to work around it comfortably :)

Kenneth
21-12-2006, 09:05 PM
we've got a welder and a large shed, with enough room to have a vr-4 in it and to be able to work around it comfortably :)

is it a TIG welder?

bradc
21-12-2006, 11:45 PM
as on ICQ, i have no idea. But it is a big yellow one :)

Kenneth
21-12-2006, 11:55 PM
as on ICQ, i have no idea. But it is a big yellow one :)

But you thought you would chalk up a post anyway eh? ;) :inquisiti

SHOWVR
22-12-2006, 12:13 AM
im keen - might be able to get a TIG welder, ill let u know when i find out.

Subaru ETA
26-12-2006, 09:09 AM
id be keen fullas! only got a mig welder tho... will find if i got a tig welder in the garage

Xeroid
27-12-2006, 04:36 AM
MIG on stainless wire should be ok, same as hand feeding a tig for filler when needed. All matter of technique.

Subaru ETA
27-12-2006, 08:29 AM
MIG on stainless wire should be ok, same as hand feeding a tig for filler when needed. All matter of technique.

well in that case all i needs gas for it

OSiRiS
01-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Easiest way is to get the car on a hoist...

I just got a full stainless steel 3" exhaust made up all tig welded from the turbo with no mufflers all straight through -for the Evo.

I will have photos online if anyone wants them.