PDA

View Full Version : Rear Interior Lights

IAC77
21-12-2006, 08:33 PM
One of my rear interior lights have stopped working, does anyone know what type of bulb they take, can they be easily sourced without having to go to a Mitsubishi dealer? Also, is there a knack to safely removing the light covers, at first glance they don't appear to have any screws.

Exbury
21-12-2006, 08:36 PM
I know the cockpit light has little lugs and needs a small flathead screw driver to get between the crack and lever out. To cap it, the 8W bulbs that I have found in both Galants the Mitsi dealer in Peterborough swore blind it wasn't factory fit as he did not have a part no. for them.....for 5W yes, but 8W!?!?

As to you answer, sorry dont know!

stuartturbo
21-12-2006, 08:57 PM
My local motor factors gave me the option of 5w or 10w so i fitted the 10w. she could not find a 8w to replace like for like

White Lightning
22-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I guess you know that only one of the lights will light dependant on which back door is opened ?

Paul Beazer
22-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Odd about the difference of opinion over the wattage. Mitsi seem to spec rather odd wattages for some of their bulbs. My high level brake light takes 3 18w bulbs, couldnt find them anywhere except the dealers, they wanted (i think) £11 EACH! Went to halfords and fitted 15w bulbs for £9 total!

IAC77
22-12-2006, 09:52 PM
I guess you know that only one of the lights will light dependant on which back door is opened ?

Funny you should say that, as I only ever checked from the drivers side. Will check again tomorrow.