PDA

View Full Version : fao with wheel bounce

pitslayer
22-12-2006, 07:10 PM
right went to brugge last week, and car drove there lovely, on way back the wheels started vibrating like hell....first thought BUGGER! wheel bearings, so frove back carefully.....well took my car up to my mates garage today, and i stuck it up his ramps, grabbed the front wheels, drivers side...no play.....passenger side lots of play, wheel bearing.....no its making a clicking noise......where the steering rack joins onto the bulkhead , the steering arm is moving in there and is loose....

so my questions
is it a new rack time?
is it easy to do?
can it be fixed?

Kieran
23-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Hmmm. Not exactly sure what you're describing there, but I would hazard a guess that the rack ends have got some play in them - Not the track rod ends - it's the other side - the bearings do wear out.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b406s1402p7128

pitslayer
23-12-2006, 11:02 PM
didnt get to good a look past the wierdest suspension ever lol....but basically where the steering rack is attached to the bulkhead and the im guessing its a knuckle comes out of it, and down to the wheels, the bit closest to the bulkhead or closest to the centre of the rack is knocking

Xeroid
27-12-2006, 04:42 AM
Left end steering rack knuckle, just had mine done cos it was clicking.
If you're in Auckland got to 90 Stoddard Road, Mt Roskill, ADL is the company, Automotive Drive Line Ltd. Check white pages for number, Jason is the man I think.
Recommended by our Mitsi mechanic.
Was quoted $128 and they came in at less than that. Only took about 30 minutes, I waited. Talk fast cars with them, Rally and Puke. They do all the work for Auckland Car club members, speedway etc

Xeroid
27-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Geez, just realised, ...Brugge,... you're in UK, you're not showng a country in your details.
Ok, so it could be along drive ...

pitslayer
28-12-2006, 02:39 AM
from newport southwales, was close to 1000miles id say......12 hours non stop at steady speed on motorway, got there in perfect time, estimated 10 arrival, arrived at 9 30 parked the car at 11 lol.....brugge is great untill you want to find a car park.....should try looking for an underground car park lol