PDA

View Full Version : trolly rage !!

SGHOM
23-12-2006, 12:09 AM
just done a bit of xmas shopping in tesco ! :speechles I thought I'd leave it untill 10 pm-ish..... so most of the rif raf have gone. /pan
how mistaken I was !! it was HELL in there !! /help /help
queues at least ten deep at every checkout....& plenty of arguing going on. /Grrr /pan

I think I'll leave the rest of my shopping untill the shops are shut !! much safer. :thinking: :thinking:

Maggie
23-12-2006, 12:49 AM
Would have thought even you could have done it on line:iloveyou: /pan

Lillywotsername
23-12-2006, 09:58 AM
I'd leave it untill 10 pm-ish..... so most of the rif raf have gone.
In my experiance the best time to do xmas food shopping is between 5 and 6.30 am. I have done it the last few christmas's now and even on xmas eve it is totally dead. You need to be out by 7 though because by then it is filling up fast. Plus, if you do it earlier then you get all the new stock that comes in around 5am.

Just a thought anyway

Physician
23-12-2006, 12:12 PM
In my experiance the best time to do xmas food shopping is between 5 and 6.30 am. .........

Excellent advice Lilly ......... I went slightly too early last night at 03.30 am - but had great fun with a Golf GTi in the damp on the way home.

I know it was fun because half the food was outta the plastic bags on the floor, under drivers seat, passenger seat etc :happy:

richy rich
23-12-2006, 12:31 PM
what is a shopping trolly:thinking:

Nutter_John
23-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Rich don't worry it has no engine so you will not see one at WRD

richy rich
23-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Rich don't worry it has no engine so you will not see one at WRD
/haz do you think a vr4 engine will fit though.

psbarham
23-12-2006, 03:26 PM
/haz do you think a vr4 engine will fit though.
i'm sure we can do something :evilgrin:

richy rich
23-12-2006, 03:28 PM
ive seen somewhere some one making a monster one (in us of course)

Nutter_John
23-12-2006, 03:52 PM
hmmm interesting idea

4 wheel drive tesco's trolley on the drag strip :D

richy rich
23-12-2006, 04:02 PM
bring it on :evilgrin:

ANTHONY
23-12-2006, 05:03 PM
hmmm interesting idea

4 wheel drive tesco's trolley on the drag strip :Derrr have we not already had that (SGHOM)!!!!!!!

OK OK i'm running

Nick VR4
23-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Mrs just got back from Asda said it absolute mayhem in there wouldnt think the shops are only closing down a few days people are buying loads of stuff woman behind here had 2 trolleys full with food etc

BraindG
23-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Mum and Dad just got back from Morrisons, nothing left apparantly :speechles

bernmc
24-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Ha. We did ours yesterday at about midday, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected - seems everyone had done theirs on friday or early (6am :o) Saturday. Just the smaller shops - like our butcher - that were a bit painful.

So, two trolley-loads of stuff from Sainsburys, for the grand total of... £18.00!!! No, that's not a typo. Bloke asked me if I wanted to pay part of the shopping with my nectar points - been collecting the bloody useless things for years.

"How much would that take off I asked"

After punching a few buttons, he made the face that goes :o and said "£205!!!!!" Most he'd ever seen. Needless to say, we must have spent thousands and thousands of pounds to get that, but it was a nice arly Christmas present! :5shots:

Lillywotsername
24-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Ha. We did ours yesterday at about midday, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected - seems everyone had done theirs on friday or early (6am :o) Saturday. Just the smaller shops - like our butcher - that were a bit painful.

So, two trolley-loads of stuff from Sainsburys, for the grand total of... £18.00!!! No, that's not a typo. Bloke asked me if I wanted to pay part of the shopping with my nectar points - been collecting the bloody useless things for years.

"How much would that take off I asked"

After punching a few buttons, he made the face that goes :o and said "£205!!!!!" Most he'd ever seen. Needless to say, we must have spent thousands and thousands of pounds to get that, but it was a nice arly Christmas present! :5shots:
Thats unreal.......... Still nice xmas pressie.

But why have you did you feel the need to have 2 trolly loads full????????? Are you buying for a month? Our shops are open again on boxing day/help Not that I will be using them I need the time for more:5shots: /drinkswine /drinkswine /drinkswine

Spirit
24-12-2006, 01:01 PM
We popped out to one of our local out of town retail parks yesterday - with DFS, PC World, Homebase, Halfords etc.....and the place was dead quiet. In fact I have only ever seen it so quiet on a normal mid-week day.

The Vee
24-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Just nipped out to our local Tesco superstore thingy - bl@@dy nightmare. Wasn't THAT busy, just the nerds wandering round aimlessly with these trolleys, blocking the ailes and generally running over you.
Still, as per earlier posts in this thread, I could resurrect PVX with a twin engine trolley:thinking: :smoking:

Kieran
24-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Well, I've just realised I've got Alex's housebricks, but not a bag of gravel. So I'll report back later on what it's like round here!/help /Grrr /pan

richy rich
24-12-2006, 04:36 PM
We popped out to one of our local out of town retail parks yesterday - with DFS, PC World, Homebase, Halfords etc.....and the place was dead quiet. In fact I have only ever seen it so quiet on a normal mid-week day.
would that be marshmills pete

Kieran
24-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Well, I've just realised I've got Alex's housebricks, but not a bag of gravel. So I'll report back later on what it's like round here!/help /Grrr /pan

And our survey said - It's not too bad, like a normal Saturday, really. However, every driver on the road was on a mission! Twice Skarloey nearly got bashed up!/Grrr /help

BraindG
25-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Lol Bern thats an insane amount of nectar points :D nice one!