PDA

View Full Version : Fuel/ boost cut problem still.

SNWMAD
24-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Well ever since i've owned this car it has never been able to run more than around 11psi. I've heard many a story about the causes and not many cheap fixes.
Will a fuel cut defender fix this. I was recallibrating the Gizmo Boost controlla the other day and the car ran 17.8psi in 2 and 3rd before cut badly. This is not the level i wish to run the car at but would be nice to run more than 11 at times. I am trying to sell the car so do not wish to spend the earth. it is very tempting not to buy anther legnum.selling mine due to kms.

also i've seen two other legnum now with bumpers cut the same as mine.just hope not to many people do it.does get alot of atention now than before.

Wodjno
24-12-2006, 12:58 PM
The only way you can solve this problem safely is to fit an SAFC or similar device to tune the fuelling on your car.. But then you will have to get it tuned, unless you feel confident in doing it yourself.. But get it wrong and you may not have a car to sell... Also if your selling it, why all the effort to sort it out.. Why not just set it to a safe boost limit, where you get no fuel cut, and leave the fuelling and tuning to the next owner ??

valmes
24-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Just sell it...

You can bypass your MAF, to get more air, but you would have to be careful and watch your AFRs.

SNWMAD
25-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Just would like to see how it would go on higher boost before i sold it. No biggy i just leave it. just thort if there a hundred buck trick to it i'd take it. cheers anyway

Wodjno
25-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Just would like to see how it would go on higher boost before i sold it. No biggy i just leave it. just thort if there a hundred buck trick to it i'd take it. cheers anyway

If you upped the Boost, you wouldn't want to sell it :scholar: