PDA

View Full Version : Brembo No Go.

Dan_G
24-12-2006, 02:02 PM
So I just took off the front drivers side wheel and caliper to start fitting my new brembos. first thing that amazed me was the fact the new brembo bolted straight onto my pre-facelift hub carriers perfectly flat and true, wonder why?? unless they have been changed at some point :inquisiti

I was just thinking it was going to be a quicker job than I'd first thought until I trial fitted my wheel :(

Boo... the offset it completley wrong... I need about 25mm more clearance between caliper and wheel.... /help

there is no way I can pack as much as that.... so now I have to buy new wheels if I want to fit the brembos.....

Bugger.

HJM
24-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Slightly off tangent :thinking:

Driven your Supra in the dry yet ? :evilgrin:

You may want to think about upgraded brakes on that as well /help

Don't suppose you can adapt Brembos for your proper car (waits for the mob /Handbag )

H

Kieran
24-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Don't suppose you can adapt Brembos for your proper car (waits for the mob /Handbag )

H

'Tis the season of Goodwill, so today HMS Kieran is displaying benevolence and therefore the deck guns shall not pound you into the ground.

Merry Christmas!:happy:

Axeboy
24-12-2006, 04:10 PM
What wheels do you have Dan?

Axeboy
24-12-2006, 04:11 PM
And to confirm, or have i misread...

The brembos went on to the pre-facelift carriers?

Kieran
24-12-2006, 04:13 PM
And to confirm, or have i misread...

The brembos went on to the pre-facelift carriers?

Don't forget though that Rhys had a pre-facelift... I suspect he modified them.

Dan_G
24-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Right, my wheels are some random 7 spoke 7x17 things with the name 'G-mach' I never heard of them before. they just plain and simple dont go over the brembos.

out of daftness I thought I'd try and bolt the caliper to my existing hub carriers; and yes I managed to bolt the drivers side brembo caliper straight onto my existing hub carrier, which I should not have been able to do!

Kieren, Rhys bought post facelift hub carriers and new abs sensors, which I got with the kit, so the calipers are unmodified.
:3d:
I checked and double checked the caliper was seated correctly and everything lined up perfectly. So maybe my car has post facelift front hub carriers? either that; or brembos do bolt onto pre-facelifts afterall.. :inquisiti

nothing really negative about the whole experience, just a bit confused.... :speechles

gotta get me some Evo wheels now.

Anyway Merry christmas you all :laugh:

Dan_G
24-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Slightly off tangent :thinking:

Driven your Supra in the dry yet ? :evilgrin:

You may want to think about upgraded brakes on that as well /help

H

I live in scotland, of course I havent driven the car in the dry.. :happy:

bradc
24-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Pity about the wheels, good news about the fitment though.

You need some Wesport TC-005 in 17x9.5" with a 35mm offset, I have about 40mm between the caliper and the wheel. In fact it makes the caliper look really small, I might have to change to 6 pots to make it look right :)

bernmc
24-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Don't forget though that Rhys had a pre-facelift... I suspect he modified them.

No, he sent Dan the post-facelift hub carriers and ABS sensors as well. Guess Dan will be getting some of his money back when he sells those... jammy bugger!

Brembos don't go on pre-facelift calipers, Dan, so you've somehow ended up with post-facelift carriers on your car :inquisiti. Wonder how that happened - maybe the previous owner had brembos at some point, and swapped back to std to sell...?

Gly
24-12-2006, 11:50 PM
yep, sounds like someone already did a carrier conversion to it?...

but since you dont have enough wheel clearance you better send them back here to me, my 18 x 8.5" wheels will clear those brembos with no issues :D

brembo clearance was a must when i bought my current set of wheels, was thinking ahead for once :)

P.S. the brembos look sexy in silver!!

-LegnumVR4-
26-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Right, my wheels are some random 7 spoke 7x17 things with the name 'G-mach' I never heard of them before. they just plain and simple dont go over the brembos.

out of daftness I thought I'd try and bolt the caliper to my existing hub carriers; and yes I managed to bolt the drivers side brembo caliper straight onto my existing hub carrier, which I should not have been able to do!

Kieren, Rhys bought post facelift hub carriers and new abs sensors, which I got with the kit, so the calipers are unmodified.
:3d:
I checked and double checked the caliper was seated correctly and everything lined up perfectly. So maybe my car has post facelift front hub carriers? either that; or brembos do bolt onto pre-facelifts afterall.. :inquisiti

nothing really negative about the whole experience, just a bit confused.... :speechles

gotta get me some Evo wheels now.

Anyway Merry christmas you all :laugh:

Hi Dan,

Brembos look great, funny feeling seeing them on another car. I think ur lucky to have the later model carriers, must have been a change over in the builds.

Wish u all the best for 2007.

Rhys