PDA

View Full Version : Police checkpoint Blackpool Area

Nick VR4
30-04-2003, 02:01 PM
got this off ScoobyNet
Just a quick warning to any local drivers in Blackpool area; Over the last two day the police and m.o.t inspectors have been stopping almost every vehicle on its way into Fleetwood, they have been checking usual stuff and have siezed plenty of cars.

the checks are being done on Amounderness way INSERT INTO post VALUES (fleetwood, nr nautical college r-bout). Broadway INSERT INTO post VALUES (between cleveleys & fleetwood)

an unmarked dark blue new shape astra is also doing the rounds which has supposed to have a state of the art camera fitted to it, last seen-- this morning at west drive in cleveleys
just thought id let u all know incase you was planning to visit fleetwood freeport shopping village!

BraindG
30-04-2003, 02:06 PM
they seem to clamp down HARD on that over this side of the country.,... about a month ago, they had a week long check point between M55 and Lytham.. was a pain as I work there. /sigh

however they seemed to seize allot of cars..

Nick VR4
30-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Driving up there Friday to see GF for the bank holiday
Guess i'll have to take it easy
The road there doing this on is longINSERT INTO post VALUES (ish) straight and wide
there's a set of traffic lights 2 lanes then into one lane after about 15 yards :rolleyes:

Nick VR4
30-04-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by BraindG
M55 and Lytham.. was a pain as I work there. /sigh

however they seemed to seize allot of cars..

Oh the posh area I bet too :p ;)

Matt1e
08-05-2003, 08:51 PM
well it was until recently !!!!!!!!!!!!!

braindg i really am messing m8y....LOL:D