PDA

View Full Version : Ssshhhhhh don't tell anyone, but..........

psbarham
27-12-2006, 05:19 PM
clarksons new vid is here http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4013662715321332704&q

Kieran
27-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Got this on DVD from Alex this christmas. It's a good DVD, though some of Clarkson's opinions on what makes a good looking and a good sounding car are odd!

psbarham
27-12-2006, 05:42 PM
Got this on DVD from Alex this christmas. It's a good DVD, though some of Clarkson's opinions on what makes a good looking and a good sounding car are odd!
so you think the f430 doesn't sound good ?:inquisiti

Kieran
27-12-2006, 06:02 PM
so you think the f430 doesn't sound good ?:inquisiti

That's the V8 that Clarkson compares the US engines to, right? If it is, then no, I think it sounds horrible, all raspy, coarse, screechy and spitty. To my ear it's the kind of noise you'd hear if you took the brainwaves of a sociopath and converted them to audio format. There's no grace or elegance to it.

To be fair, I'm not a V8 noise fan unless it's subdued or creamy smooth, like Toyota's 1UZ (in the Soarer and LS400). I prefer the sound of a good Six.

However, this is a V8 tune I could live with - wind the video forward to the 1m 30s mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvkqX0U6y7g&mode=related&search=

BraindG
27-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Seems loads of people i know got his DVD for xmas. does it have anything to do with cars? :inquisiti

Nutter_John
27-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Yes Barry all about Americon cars versus The United States of Europe made cars

Watching it now , not too bad standard Clarkson stuff

I-S
28-12-2006, 03:37 PM
But it shows clarkson's anti-american bias... For example, he's prepared to accept that the ford GT is a great car and it's american, but then starts going on about how all the bits in it are from europe... what about all the american or japanese bits in the elise and atom? What about the fact that his favourite european 4x4 is american?

I rather like that roush mustang, I have to say.

bernmc
31-12-2006, 01:28 PM
TBH, if I'd paid money for that, I'd be pee'd off to the max - and I like clarkson! What a load of rubbish.

Only bit worth watching is the end where he drives the viper and the Ford GT40- the one car I'll always want....