PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lurgi

Kieran
28-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Bleh! What is it about Christmas? This has happened to me for the last two or three years - A couple of days off and I get a cold! /Fever I woke up with a sore throat yesterday, and it's getting worse! Aches, headache, throat feels like it's been rubbed with a cheese grater, etc! /Grrr /Fever I won't be too surprised if Alex comes down with it too - she's as bad as me for only getting the Lurgi when we have time off!

I wouldn't mind, but I'm back at work now - there's nothing worse than feeling crappy at work - I'd sooner be in bed!

Anybody else get sick as soon as they have time off?

richy rich
28-12-2006, 11:43 AM
yes at the mo Adam is /Fever has passed it on to jessica and lilly so house full of /Fever.

Physician
28-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Awww, sorry to hear you're ill guys ......... I agree with you Kieran - it's lousy being at work when you want to be resting in bed.

Hope you're on the mend by New Year.

Funkstar
28-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Yep, I'm exactly the same K. It's like your body relaxes from the stress of work and you just pick up any bug going round. /Grrr

I currenty have a stinking cold too.

colVR4
28-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Going on holiday on 2 Jan, so fully expecting uber-lurgi to strike around about then. I will get it much worse than the wife....obviously :P

Nick Mann
28-12-2006, 12:30 PM
At the risk of boasting, I am very well thank you!

Hope all you ill people get better soon....

BraindG
28-12-2006, 01:22 PM
ive got the sniffles, but i think thatsd due to going outside all the time for a smoke. Leave warm room, breeze bollox off, go back into warmth.. rinse, and repeat.

Lillywotsername
28-12-2006, 04:04 PM
I am feeling alittle better than I did this morning, but having said that I have slept on and off most of this morning.
I have to work tomorrow so going to be out in the damp and cold all day/Grrr
Just hope i feel better for Saturday...... I need some/drinkswine time with my friends:happy:

bradc
28-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I feel perfectly fine, afterall it is 20-25C or something like that over here :)

BraindG
28-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I feel perfectly fine, afterall it is 20-25C or something like that over here :)
someone say somehting?/toycar

Nick VR4
28-12-2006, 09:15 PM

Yeah here too in the house :D outside its 7C and COLD OK LOL

Not feeling great either to be honest a bit snotty

Kieran
28-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Glad to see it's not just me - And yes I agree with you Funkstar - it's as though as soon as your body de-stresses and comes off 'Red Alert', your immune system switches off! /Fever

Hope all you other snotty people are feeling better soon - I'm staying in bed and not coming out again untill the Lurgi goes away! /Grrr /Fever

BraindG
28-12-2006, 09:30 PM
lemsip, lemsip and more lemsip.....

Nick VR4
28-12-2006, 09:35 PM
lemsip, lemsip and more lemsip..... and afew hot toddies :happy: might work too

BraindG
28-12-2006, 09:38 PM
lol, aye.. that should help too nick :D

Nick VR4
28-12-2006, 09:49 PM
lol, aye.. that should help too nick :D

:D or a floaty Coffee with Tia Maria you can use other liquors ;)

Instructions

Coffee Glass
1 spoon of cofee
1 Spoon of brown suger
a good amount of Tia Maria or what ever is your tibble
Stir the above for a few mins while boiling the kettle and get some whipping cream put in a jug and wisk till frothy
Add boiling water and stir then using a the spoon pour the cream gently into the cup wayha floaty coffee with a kick :evilgrin:

MJR
28-12-2006, 10:25 PM
:D or a floaty Coffee with Tia Maria you can use other liquors ;)

Instructions

Coffee Glass
1 spoon of cofee
1 Spoon of brown suger
a good amount of Tia Maria or what ever is your tibble
Stir the above for a few mins while boiling the kettle and get some whipping cream put in a jug and wisk till frothy
Add boiling water and stir then using a the spoon pour the cream gently into the cup wayha floaty coffee with a kick :evilgrin:

That sounds very tempting, only one problem.......

Haven't got any tia maria :(

I'll just have to stick to my sniffles & some guiness :happy:

Kieran
28-12-2006, 11:11 PM
lemsip, lemsip and more lemsip.....

Roger that.... I just wish I could drink it without instinctively screwing my face up! Gack! You always know you've more than just a sniffle when you resort to Lemsip!/help

BraindG
28-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Roger that.... I just wish I could drink it without instinctively screwing my face up! Gack! You always know you've more than just a sniffle when you resort to Lemsip!/help
whats your normal cure?

thats what i do, the minute i have a snffle.. i load up on lemsip, i wake up... no sniffle.. infact,, since posting i had some... its gone!

prevention is better that cure!

Lillywotsername
29-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Lemsip makes me gag...... Bah.
I am going to have to go to the chemist and get some flu tabs before I go to work, ones I got yesterday are for night time only....made me really drouzy and it says no alcahol on the pack.... Not Good!!!!!!!

Don't want to go to work this morning..... its too cold out there:bigcry: :bigcry:

Nick VR4
29-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Have you tried adding some sugar with the Lemsip ? tastes a bit better or dont add loads of hot water add a little and drink in one go

Kieran
30-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, despite a bad night (Finally dozed off on the settee at about 5am! :zzz: ) I am feeling decidedly less Lurgified! :happy: So, i'm back to bed to catch up on a few zzz's and then we'll be on our way to Chez Barry!:afro:

BraindG
30-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Well, despite a bad night (Finally dozed off on the settee at about 5am! :zzz: ) I am feeling decidedly less Lurgified! :happy: So, i'm back to bed to catch up on a few zzz's and then we'll be on our way to Chez Barry!:afro:
/makes-steamtrain-wooowooo-noises..../toycar

Lillywotsername
30-12-2006, 12:10 PM
I am feeling decidedly less Lurgified! :happy:
I am bringing Flu tablets hun......

Kieran
28-12-2007, 10:04 PM
I thought I'd escaped the dreaded Lurgi this year.... /yes

But NO, I woke up this morning with the telltale sniffle and had to reach for the dreaded evil-tasting Lemsip O'Cold-Bashing potion of vileness!/Grrr Fortunately this one seems to be reasonably light and certainly not as bad as the previous two years.

What's even more freaky..... Check the date of the original post!! :speechles

Anyway, please excuse me, I'm off to go and die in the corner. /Fever /Grrr

psbarham
28-12-2007, 10:06 PM
I thought I'd escaped the dreaded Lurgi this year.... /yes

But NO, I woke up this morning with the telltale sniffle and had to reach for the dreaded evil-tasting Lemsip O'Cold-Bashing potion of vileness!/Grrr Fortunately this one seems to be reasonably light and certainly not as bad as the previous two years.

What's even more freaky..... Check the date of the original post!! :speechles

Anyway, please excuse me, I'm off to go and die in the corner. /Fever /Grrr
at least i ain't the only one then/Grrr

I-S
28-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Keep away from me, foul demon of lurginess!

Kieran
28-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Keep away from me, foul demon of lurginess!

Rauuurrrggh!!!!

/Zombie shuffles after Isaac...

peter thomson
28-12-2007, 10:57 PM
It hasn't effected your performance in the quiz though?

Throbbe
29-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Meh, also down with the 2007 version. Would be OK, but Mrs Throbbe also as it and Pregnant with Lurgi beats straight Lurgi hands down, so I'm not getting much rest/sympathy.

Fortunately, Throbbe Jr is finding several avatars entertaining. SGHOM's in particular - "Look Daddy, teddy bear waving!". Arf.

Nick VR4
29-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I got it too had it for about a week snotty nose coughing /Grrr/Grrr

Feel worse today :(

ANTHONY
29-12-2007, 05:59 PM
i feel fine

Kieran
29-12-2007, 06:14 PM
i feel fine

/nag /pan

stuartturbo
29-12-2007, 08:38 PM
:sick2:lemsip would not cure what we went down with :sick2:
missus was ill Xmas day and boxing day:sick2:
Littlens followed by me yesterday 3 am pucking :sick2: then the I'll stop right there:lipseal :sick2:
went to bed yesterday a 4pm and wok up this morn at 730 felt brave enougth to fart /lol

miller
29-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Hot port is the only cure, follow same principles as making hot whiskies except obviously replacing the whiskey with port hic hic/drinkswine

Sick Christmas day but not with flu, i had a priority pass to the loo after a christmas eve mince replaced with soya spag bol/Grrr jeeees who made/thought up this crap/pan /pan

Mike

Kieran
30-12-2007, 01:49 AM
.....and wok up this morn at 730 felt brave enougth to fart /lol

Ewwwwwww!!! /lol/pan

Little Miss Road Rage
30-12-2007, 11:02 AM
pah bit of man flu going round me thinks try living most days feeling like u got flu with the aches and pains etc then you'll be in my world. Hope u all get better soon.