PDA

View Full Version : Post facelift VR4

the_boy
20-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Looking for a picture of the saloon, I've seen a few pictures in estate format.

Does anyone know if they look anything like this?

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/PRODUCTSS/image/galant_a.gif

That car looks mean in black, basically I'm thinking of contacting Newera Imports about importing one rather than going through these crap local dealers.

Cheers

Roadrunner
20-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Yep, that's the chap - looks like a Type V INSERT INTO post VALUES (no wheel arch extensions). Photos of my Type S here (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217)

Nick VR4
20-11-2003, 04:06 PM
That looks like the new one to me
Has Dual Fogs

Opps sorry just read you post again Derrrr

This is Pete's one 1996 model http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/pics/cars/spirit979/09130008.jpg

the_boy
20-11-2003, 04:30 PM
Nice looking motor that H7 :cool1:

But hang on< I thought the Type V came out before the Type S.
Think I'm going to have to go back and read the specs again etc

Does anyone know if the post VR4 has any disadvantages over the old model apart from the extra 20 bhp :D

Roadrunner
20-11-2003, 04:52 PM
AFAIK, the Type V and Type S were sold together. The Type S was generally INVECS II auto with sports INSERT INTO post VALUES (tiptronic) mode, wider wheels INSERT INTO post VALUES (6.5x16 with 225/50 tyres vs 6.0x16 with 205/50 tyres); plastic wheelarch extensions, AYC, etc., whereas the Type V was generally manual, although there do appear to be some hybrids around INSERT INTO post VALUES (deffo manual Type V, for example) so I suppose there's no definitive distinction between the two.

Technically, I don't think there's much difference between pre- and post-facelift cars.

Brian

the_boy
20-11-2003, 06:09 PM
So are you saying the Type V does not come with AYC?

I can understand it not having INVECS if they are all manuals but not having AYC.
I've had a look around but can't find an answer to this, does anyone know off the top of their head?

Still looking................

Nick VR4
20-11-2003, 06:13 PM
All VR4's have AYC but some have Traction Contol as well as AYC

:)

the_boy
20-11-2003, 06:19 PM
That's what I thought

Thought I was going senile there for a second ;)

Kieran
20-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by the_boy
....basically I'm thinking of contacting Newera Imports about importing one rather than going through these crap local dealers....

That thought pattern seems familiar:D

Roll on the new year:devil5:

Think my budget will only allow a pre-facelift Type-S, but I'm not too bothered as I think the pre-facelift looks a bit 'cleaner' than the post-facelift.

Just my opinion, obviously!!:)

Brind
20-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Here's a large picture of mine to appreciate the looks.
Silver and facelift though.

click here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.brindley1/LargePicture.zip)

the_boy
20-11-2003, 10:47 PM
Great minds think alike mate..............

BTW If I haven't said it before my name is Kieran aswell :devil3:

I'm thinking if I can judge this about right I can order the car, put mine up for sale and my insurance will just be about up for renewal by the time it gets here. Based on approx 10 week turnaround.

Hoping to get a black 1998 possibly newer Type V if it looks anything like that picture.
Prefer manual, just hope it's got leather seats and all the rest of the goodies.

Does anyone know if the Type V comes with the touch screen display INSERT INTO post VALUES (MMCS)?

No offence to the Type S people out there but I just think the car looks better without flared wheel arches. Gives the car a more harder edge :eek:

the_boy
20-11-2003, 10:50 PM
Seen loads of pictures of your car Brind, and H7s and Spirit's

After the first post I went on a VR4 picture hunt and came across loads of posts from you guys, on the Galant forum, a couple of American sites and a post your car picture type site where you can rate them etc.

Talk about devotion :D

What ever happened to the bit about "it's just mean't to get you from A to B?

Brind
20-11-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by the_boy
What ever happened to the bit about "it's just mean't to get you from A to B?

You'd never hear that phrase come from any of us mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Spirit
21-11-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Brind
You'd never hear that phrase come from any of us mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Damn right there mate ! Of course it does get us from A to B but in style and bloody quickly :D