PDA

View Full Version : Torque-Drive Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATD)

Paul C
29-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Is this the new recommended transmission oil from amsoil as the next service is about due and was thinking of ordering engine oil and autobox oil.

richy rich
29-12-2006, 08:34 PM
i saw this the other day need to talk to don about it

bradc
29-12-2006, 08:51 PM
torque drive? hmm almost sounds like a funny cvt oil or something. You're probably best to wait until Don comes along

richy rich
29-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Amsoil Torque-Drive Synthetic
Automatic Transmission Fluid
Engineered to eliminate the deficiencies common to all conventional, petroleum ATFs, AMSOIL Torque-Drive™ provides superior performance and protection against thermal and oxidative degradation, sludge and varnish formation, viscosity shear down, cold temperature oil thickening, poor friction stability, high component wear and shortened oil life.
Product Code: ATD

£100 for 9.5l

Paul C
29-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Amsoil Torque-Drive Synthetic
Automatic Transmission Fluid
Engineered to eliminate the deficiencies common to all conventional, petroleum ATFs, AMSOIL Torque-Drive™ provides superior performance and protection against thermal and oxidative degradation, sludge and varnish formation, viscosity shear down, cold temperature oil thickening, poor friction stability, high component wear and shortened oil life.
Product Code: ATD

£100 for 9.5l

as above but will it be noticeable difference for cost, does this mean longer between changes or decrease in wear. will have to wait for dons input.

Kieran
29-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Looking at the Spec of this one, it says the following:

Recommended for use in applications specifying
Allison® TES-295 or C4, DEXRON® III, MERCON®,
ZF® TE-ML 14C, Voith G-1363

Don will no doubt confirm, but given how fussy the INVECS box is over the fluid you put in it, I'd stick with the ATF.

/EDIT:

Just found this page, and ATF is the only recommendation for Mitsubishi Automatic transmissions:

http://www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk/amsoil_transmissions.html

richy rich
29-12-2006, 10:06 PM
the cost is about the same as the atf £10 PER l

richy rich
29-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Don hasn't suggested it to wrd so may be its not good for the vr4 box

Paul C
29-12-2006, 10:13 PM
the cost is about the same as the atf £10 PER l

couldn't be bothered working it out just sounded more. I will wait for don before making any decisions but spec looks ok for our cars

richy rich
29-12-2006, 10:24 PM
it works out to be 11.52 per L for the Torque drive but only sold in 9.5L pot

and £11.60 per L in a 5L pot or 13.50 per 946ml

so not a lot in it unless you need only 12L or so

amsoil
29-12-2006, 10:44 PM
No the ATD has been brought over especially for the PSV / HGV market. We are about to push this slowly at a few coach firms (already on trial) as its better and even cheaper than what they are recommended to use.
Do stick to the 'normal' Amsoil ATF which I trust everyone now accepts as a well proven product.
Shortly we will also have ART which is a race auto fluid, don't really recommend this in VR4's either as it really is only being brought over for the Corvette drag racing car we sponsor and hopefully his mates with their 2 speed slipper boxes

:2thumbsup

Kieran
30-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Shortly we will also have ART which is a race auto fluid, don't really recommend this in VR4's either as it really is only being brought opver for the Corvette we sponsor and hopefully his mates with their 2 speed slipper boxes

/Hijack

Do tell more Don! And a 'Slipper' box? Whassat then? I'll blindly guess at some damn great Torqueflite or similar with input shafts about a foot in diameter?/Steeringw