PDA

View Full Version : Yes Yes Yes !!!

TAR
02-01-2007, 07:01 PM
And finally, its done.......

I've purchased a Legnum /bounce /bounce /bounce

I've been looking for some time now as I only had a limited budget. I had seen a very nice white car which Mo has, but alas, I could not afford it (even though he did his best to get near to my offer price). Mo is a good guy, and anyone looking for a car should talk to him (Zedy1)

So now I've bought a car from a garage as a trade sale. It was a part X into the garage some weeks ago but they only sell LHD cars so they wanted shot of it.

Needless to say I got it for a great price but it does need a few things. The exhaust is blowing on the pipe between the rear box and the cat. The front disks are very badly worn - even though the car stops fine. There are a few light scratches typical for the age of the car. There is some condensation in the headlights.

Now for the good bits :happy:

The car is a pre facelift 97 reg and has only covered 50K miles with a letter validating import by Colt Car Company in 2002.

I'm the 4th owner in the UK. Its got its jap service history and 4 UK main dealer stamps with the last service carried out at 44K.

Its dark green metallic with cloth interior, no sunroof or roof rails.

As far as I can tell, its completely standard and the AYC lights up when you try hard :evilgrin:

I'm soooo happy right now - I'm sure you have all had this feeling at some point./Banana

So, I'm off now to scour the forum for info on brakes and exhausts and filters, and oils and and and.....

I'll try to get some pics done when its clean and shiney over the next few days.

AIN'T LIFE GRAND

bradc
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Sounds good, what gearbox does it have, and is it 100% stock?

Nick VR4
02-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Congrats on the purchase :happy::happy:

BraindG
02-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Wooohooo!!! - /rally

Good to hear you got yourself a car within budget! - You'll go broke if you start searching for to many mods for it :D

All the best with it, nad loooking forwards to seeing some piccies.

TAR
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Sounds good, what gearbox does it have, and is it 100% stock?

It's got the auto/tip box.

Yes I do believe it is 100% standard.....but not for long if the wallet can stand it!

Note to self: better look for a second job!! some tough times ahead.

Nutter_John
02-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Damn if only you got it last week you could have my old exhaust

Good look and well done

Dan_G
02-01-2007, 08:46 PM
so its a happy new year so far:3d: :d /Banana ...... congratulations.... :thumbsup:

have fun.. :D

Spirit
02-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Congrats and great news.......look forward to seeing the pix.....and well done on picking the right gearbox :evilgrin:

bradc
03-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Congrats and great news.......look forward to seeing the pix.....and well done on picking the right gearbox :evilgrin:

^^ What he said /rally

WildCards
03-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Nice one, all the best.

Physician
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
You sound sooooooo chuffed buddy. Yep, we've all been there as you say.

Congratulations. :happy: