PDA

View Full Version : Charity Track Day - CC - 27th Jan 07

HJM
03-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, we weren't going, then we were, then we weren't ..........................

Castle Combe is hosting a Charity Track Day on 27th January for £125.00 to raise funds for the NSPCC. Last I heard they were struggling for numbers and I'm a sucker for a sob story!!

I do believe a 'local track day celebrity' will also be in attendance :inquisiti

Details are:-

''The day is open to anyone. We are running the day in sessions so as to cater for novice, intermediate and advanced. All cars have to pass a 100 db's noise check though.

For anyone that doesn't want to take part all day we are also running parade laps in the morning and afternoon. 2 laps behind a safety car.

We have Nikki Welsby the 2006 Formula Woman Champion doing paid passenger rides and we have a raffle so spectators are welcome''

I have a copy of the entry form if anyone wants it - just let me know :happy:

Still, January is Spring .................. isn't it :speechles /help :evilgrin:

J :)

HJM
04-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Anyone for pax laps ?

I will be taking both cars to cover all weather variations :inquisiti /toycar

I hear a certain sideways tart (right handers a speciality !) is also going /Handbag

H

HJM
04-01-2007, 07:03 PM

H

Oh 'you' will, will 'you'? And just exactly how are 'you' going to do that :inquisiti :P /lol

WildCards
04-01-2007, 08:17 PM
I would have, but I booked Cadwell yesterday for the 3rd, it's too near for my pocket i'm afraid.

Simon
15-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Iver posted my cheque....just need tyres, brake pads, boot lid, fuel, recon' wheels, time off!/rally /pan

HJM
15-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Iver posted my cheque....just need tyres, brake pads, boot lid, fuel, recon' wheels, time off!/rally /pan

You missed one item ................... TALENT /pan

H:happy:

HJM
15-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I emailed them today and it's nearly full - which is good, seeing as it's for charity and all :2thumbsup

Jimbo
15-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Oh 'you' will, will 'you'? And just exactly how are 'you' going to do that :inquisiti :P /lol

Who needs tele when I can see the Heath and Jane show right here /lol

HJM
16-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Who needs tele when I can see the Heath and Jane show right here /lol

Oi, thats the Jane & Heath Show thanks very much /Devil5

Finally found my cheque book and posted form off today :2thumbsup

Apparently, you will get four 15 minute sessions and then one hour of open pit lane between 3 & 4 /Steeringw

K9NG
17-01-2007, 07:13 PM
I emailed them today and it's nearly full - which is good, seeing as it's for charity and all :2thumbsup

It's now fully booked :bigcry:
There is a reserves list :thinking:

HJM
17-01-2007, 07:43 PM
It's now fully booked :bigcry:
There is a reserves list :thinking:

And how would you know that :inquisiti

There is someone on the CC forums saying he might not be able to make it, so definitely worth keeping an eye open on there if you are interested :2thumbsup

Spirit
17-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Phew.....thanks for posting that Paul......Shaz asked why I had not mentioned it, so I reminded her what I have just spent today, then she says "but I thought you wanted to try out the Jag"......./toycar

HJM
17-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Phew.....thanks for posting that Paul......Shaz asked why I had not mentioned it, so I reminded her what I have just spent today, then she says "but I thought you wanted to try out the Jag"......./toycar

But Pete just think of the lap times .......... how many times would we all lap you :2thumbsup

H

Spirit
17-01-2007, 08:47 PM
But Pete just think of the lap times .......... how many times would we all lap you :2thumbsup

It would be an interesting experiment.......but it ain't gonna happen yet :evilgrin:

Nutter_John
17-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Pete would they allow you to drive round CC with a pipe and slippers ?

Spirit
17-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Pete would they allow you to drive round CC with a pipe and slippers ?

Oi......I resemble that remark /Grrr

Cigar and flipflops if you don't mind ! /lol

HJM
17-01-2007, 08:55 PM
And the white leather helmet - just like Sterling Moss in the 50's (only slower !) /pan

H:happy:

Spirit
17-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Not a bad idea that........Pete Moss........hahahahahahaha....opps just soiled myself !

HJM
17-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Or Sterling Honey !

Sure you must be able to buy that in Scotland :thinking: (coat already on !)

Still back to thread - 10 days and the 2007 season starts for the Usual Suspect ("now what colour will the Slag's wheels be this year ?")

H

K9NG
18-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Still back to thread - 10 days and the 2007 season starts for the Usual Suspect ("now what colour will the Slag's wheels be this year ?")

H

Not long now, mmm' Magnolia alloys /lol
It's very kind of Jane to lend me your Supra for the day with it being my birthday and all /Devil5

HJM
18-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Not long now, mmm' Magnolia alloys /lol
It's very kind of Jane to lend me your Supra for the day with it being my birthday and all /Devil5

No problemo - unless its wet of course :thinking:

H

Simon
19-01-2007, 06:10 PM
New pads - Check
Refurbed wheels - Check!
Track day tyres - Check (run them in for the 'Ring!) :book:

Still NO.....
Boot lid!:speechles
Talent! /toycar
Money!:inquisiti
Fuel!

HJM
19-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Still NO.....
Boot lid!:speechles
Talent! /toycar
Money!:inquisiti
Fuel!

Well, you got a week - get on with it :kiss:

Apparently, the 10 day forecast shows rain and snow, so it should be interesting /help

Spirit
19-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh that would be class seeing Heath having fun in the Supra in the snow......:pimp2:

Not so nice for you though Jane.....in the cold /Camera

HJM
19-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Not so nice for you though Jane.....in the cold /Camera

And thats why we are not doing any track days in the winter :rolleyes4

Spirit
19-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Indeed......lucky they moved January into spring isn't it :evilgrin:

HJM
19-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't care what the weather is (taking both cars :scholar: ) just looking forward to getting back on track - been going stir crazy /pan /toycar

Need to feed my affliction and looking forward to giving Simon some stick over his newly painted wheels :pimp2:

And of course :5shots:

H

HJM
19-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Indeed......lucky they moved January into spring isn't it :evilgrin:

LOL - it sure is :) Mind you, the daffs are coming out and it was light when we got home tonight, so it must be nearly Spring :2thumbsup

J :happy:

/oh hang on, we finished work at 4 today :inquisiti

HJM
19-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't care what the weather is (taking both cars :scholar: ) just looking forward to getting back on track - been going stir crazy /pan /toycar

H

You will care when it starts snowing and I've pinched the VR4 /Devil5 /Devil5

Hang on a minute - stir crazy? It's only a month since the last one /pan /pan

K9NG
19-01-2007, 08:56 PM
I am ready /rally helmet and gloves in the car ready for my Pax laps with the untalented Slag /Devil5 and over the hill old git /Nuuu

HJM
20-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I am ready /rally helmet and gloves in the car ready for my Pax laps with the untalented Slag /Devil5 and over the hill old git /Nuuu

/lol /lol

Simon
22-01-2007, 07:21 PM

Need to feed my affliction and looking forward to giving Simon some stick over his newly painted wheels :pimp2:

And of course :5shots:

H

I'll have you know that they are powder coated! :pimp2: PS. think how a go-kart feels.....thats what those 888's make the car feel like........they wont be on long!!!!!!!!.....its difficult to flick the switch....and also expensive!!!!!, so they'll be out for two sessions then kept for the 8min 'Ring attempt in 9 weeks.......:afro:

K9NG
22-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Looking Good :thumbsup:

I see from the 2nd pic your driving has'nt got any better going on the state of that 30 sign /lol

P.S You going for the drift look, missing your ironing board :jester:

HJM
22-01-2007, 09:15 PM
WTF !

Those rims are far too boring for someone with a very large ego :pimp2:

You photoshopped 'em :thinking:

And where's the rear spoiler ???

Just make sure it's ready for the late afternoon swap /rally

Must admit they look good and you got a make of tyre too match your driving ...............

"Poxy"

H:scholar:

SGHOM
22-01-2007, 11:16 PM
As I'm 'darn sarf' that weekend...... it would be rude not to !! /rally /rally :iloveyou:
Maggie & I will be scrounging pax laps. :afro:

HJM
22-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Woohoo :2thumbsup

And look at the Forecast (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3456) :sunny:

J

SGHOM
22-01-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm stopping a Mags place in Watford... so only 90 mins from combe. nothing else to do down there on a winters day, so may as well enjoy some track action ! :thinking: :thinking:

Simon
23-01-2007, 12:19 AM
the boot lid is at the paint shop....although i thought about the drift look.....the police havent stopped me yet for driving around with the rear end missing!......

with such a small ego like mine,..........ive gone for subtle graphics on the bonnet................./pan..........the writing is at a slant as ive been on the jd/vodka/turtle wax

HJM
23-01-2007, 07:58 AM
/lol /lol

Oh I am so looking forward to Saturday - let the 2007 p1ss taking begin :iloveyou:

HJM
23-01-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm stopping a Mags place in Watford... so only 90 mins from combe. nothing else to do down there on a winters day, so may as well enjoy some track action ! :thinking: :thinking:

Look forward to seeing you guys again track side :pimp2: - Derek you can finally get that pax lap in the Supra I promised you (subject to weather :sunny: of course !).

Only 4 days to go /bounce /woot2 /Steeringw /woot /Banana

H

HJM
23-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Looking at those pics again - when does the DATSUN banner go on the windscreen ? /pan

H

Simon
23-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Looking at those pics again - when does the DATSUN banner go on the windscreen ? /pan

H

Its in the post :pimp2:

PS. Ive ordered you one of these......

http://www.driveroverfifty.com/

Bring it on /rally

HJM
23-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Its in the post :pimp2:

PS. Ive ordered you one of these......

http://www.driveroverfifty.com/

Bring it on /rally

PMSL - I am really starting to hope you two are in different sessions on Saturday /lol

Simon
23-01-2007, 02:23 PM
PMSL - I am really starting to hope you two are in different sessions on Saturday /lol

Me to ......................... then we can have a session with swapping cars!!!!!!!!!:speechles :5shots: :iloveyou:

HJM
23-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Me to ......................... then we can have a session with swapping cars!!!!!!!!!:speechles :5shots: :iloveyou:

Ah, but you can do that in the last hour of open pit lane anyway /rally

Now who's worried :inquisiti /lol

K9NG
23-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Ah, but you can do that in the last hour of open pit lane anyway /rally

Now who's worried :inquisiti /lol

I'm worried for when Simon slams his left foor down on the brake pedal and every one rear ends him cos he forgot the Supra is Auto :P or is that manual...
When we going to that Ring thing again :thinking:

HJM
23-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm worried for when Simon slams his left foor down on the brake pedal and every one rear ends him cos he forgot the Supra is Auto :P or is that manual...
When we going to that Ring thing again :thinking:

Not a problem as the brakes are so bad - I'm more worried he'll go flying into Quarry and then realise he has no brakes (it'll be Quadal all over again :inquisiti ).

Still I'll happily take his car in exchange for a mangled Supra :speechles

I'm not sure I'll enjoy driving a 'bag of spanners' compared to my smooth Supra ?

H

(ps 3 days and 14 hours Claire /pan )

HJM
23-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Not a problem as the brakes are so bad

/haz /haz now who could have predicted THAT comment /lol /lol

You keep going darling :iloveyou:

Kieran
23-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I see from the 2nd pic your driving has'nt got any better going on the state of that 30 sign /lol

/haz /haz

Simon
24-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Not a problem as the brakes are so bad - I'm more worried he'll go flying into Quarry and then realise he has no brakes (it'll be Quadal all over again :inquisiti ).

Still I'll happily take his car in exchange for a mangled Supra :speechles

I'm not sure I'll enjoy driving a 'bag of spanners' compared to my smooth Supra ?

H

(ps 3 days and 14 hours Claire /pan )

Bag of Old Spanners.....the cheeky git! im only posting now as i know Heath would have been in bed for at least 3 hours and wont post straight back............All you've got to remember Keith is that when the passenger leaves your car, they have to say "thats the best 15 minutes ive ever had!!!!" :speechles

HJM
24-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I'll post again later - when you're up in 3 hours Simone /pan

H :iloveyou:

HJM
24-01-2007, 08:57 AM
All you've got to remember Keith is that when the passenger leaves your car, they have to say "thats the best 15 minutes ive ever had!!!!" :speechles

Ooh, don't remind me - do I get to have another go on Saturday /notworthy /notworthy

HJM
24-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Ooh, don't remind me - do I get to have another go on Saturday /notworthy /notworthy

Yes you do when I drive it - that will be your best 15 minutes EVER !!!!

H

Simon
24-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Lets call a truce

Ive had a problem with the organisor!:speechles

Copies of the emails...............

MINE SENT

I hope you can help. We’ve registered for the NSPCC track day under the name of Simon Satchell, Nissan Skyline, Intermediate, with my wife as the second driver and two other passengers. I understand that we are in the advanced session. My copy of the form shows I filled in intermediate.

I am okay with the advanced session but my wife isn’t!.....to be a pain I need to cancel her from the second driver (£10) charge…..will it be easier to ask for £10 back on saturday or send you another cheque. Claire would not be relaxed in the advanced session and wouldn’t enjoy it.

Thanks for your help.

THE COW SENT BACK

There is no need to panic. Your wife will be fine. Yes you put on your form that both drivers wanted to be in the intermediate session. I have had so many intermediate people sign up that I had to move some people into the advanced group and because you are in a powerful Nissan skyline you were one of the drivers that got moved. The advanced group is actually the roll over of intermediate people and advanced.

There is only going to be 11 cars out with you on a 2.4 mile track, you will be very spread out and she will not get in anyone's way.

What has she done in the past? If she is going to be nervous in the advanced group then she probably would of been just as nervous in the intermediate group, so you should of thought more about what box to tick.

I wasn't going to offer refunds as all the money is going to the NSPCC, but in this case your wife can go as a passenger which is £5 so I can refund you £5 on the day or you could just donate that to the NSPCC or put it towards £5 worth of raffle tickets?

I'm sure once she gets out there she will see that it isn't as scary as she thinks and will probably want to have a go, how about you leave her in the advanced group and I put her out with an instructor for her first session on track to ease her mind? I will not charge you for instruction and she can have either 10.45am or 11.45am, if she wants I am available for instruction maybe a female will help?

Let me know.

I SENT BACK

Hi.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate the amount of interest that you must have received for the intermediate session. I have just spoken to Claire to ask her what she wants to do. We will “down grade” from a driver to a passenger and take the refund of £5.

Hope the weather stays fine.

Thank you for your help

Simon 

I GOT BACK

If that's what you want. Shame you can not put the £5 in the pot though

Refund will be waiting for you at signing on.

Weather is suppose to be dry but cold.

WHAT I WANTED TO SEND AND WAS ABOUT TO....although it was suggested that i could get struck off the list altogether!

Hi.

Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate the amount of interest that you must have received for the intermediate session. I have just spoken to Claire to ask her what she wants to do. We will “down grade” from a driver to a passenger and take the refund of £5.

I have done over 300 laps at Combe in the last 12 months and have to say even with only 11 cars on the track and 1.85 mile to play with, it can still get busy in places! We’ve seen the worse driving in the more advanced groups as they think they know what they are doing……track etiquette goes out of the window…..and that’s with track days held by Castle Combe directly, Book-a-track, motorsport-events, etc etc….

Claire has driven the ‘Ring, other tracks and Combe a limited number of times but nothing that would qualify Claire driving in the Advanced sessions. Yes you can say the car is powerful but it also down to the driver. That’s the reason we picked intermediate; knowing your car is fine but knowing the track is different. So you typing “so you should of thought more about what box to tick.” !!!!!! doesn’t impress me. If I had put driver 1 as intermediate and driver 2 as novice, where would we have been placed? In reality, on track days, there is a huge jump in-between the groupings.

Anyway, I am sure that we will enjoy the day and hope the weather stays fine.

Thank you for your help

Simon 

To make myslef feel better about this lady i'll be posting on the CastleCombe forums after the event.................

Simon
24-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I then wanted to say

I’m not made of money, we’ve paid you £135 already and I need the £5 for fuel!  Cheers.

HJM
24-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Fecking hell - I'm absolutely shocked and stunned :speechles

I have sent loads of emails to Katie over the past few weeks (including 3 or 4 today) and she has been really polite and helpful (except of course when I asked her to put you both in the same session!!).

I can't believe she actually said you should have thought more about which box to tick - patronising biatch /Grrr

Probably just as well you didn't send your reply but it would have been nice to have rubbed her face in the fact that she obviously has no idea about Castle Combe :scholar:

J

/I guess you won't be interested to know that she is organising another one there in March then /pan /pan /pan

WildCards
24-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Haha, do a burnout in her face Simon! That'll learn her

Simon
24-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Im shocked as well..... I really wanted to said that ive done 340 laps in the last 12 months. :scholar:

Its a charity thing, so she could at least be polite! Ive calmed down but who they hell does she think she is...................i will send another email after the event and will be posting on the Castle CombeNSPCC thread, i'll say how nice the day was but shoot her down in flames.

Only other thought is that... i hope she drives out in the advanced session and i'll show her what i mean about track etiquette going out of the window......and to make it clear, its not because she is a lady and a better driver than me!!!!!.....she's just an arrogant women. :thinking: my responses would be the same if she was a man..may be she is! /pan

K9NG
24-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Stuck up Biatch :rifle:
Don't worry i will bring my pregnant Jack Russel to chew her arm off /haz

HJM
24-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Don't worry I'll smoke her out at Quarry /rally

She sounds just like that stoopid he/she from Bookatrack - these people must have been traffic wardens before or perhaps should make a career move out of the 'leisure' industry /pan

H

HJM
26-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Not long now /bounce /bounce

All packed and ready for an early start tomorrow - weather still looking good(ish) :sunny:

See you there :2thumbsup

K9NG
26-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Not long now /woot2
We're packed ready to go just got to pop by and pick up the Audi from
Mr Murray and aim to be there lunch time /rally I have my bus pass ready for pax laps :D

See you tomorrow :chugchug:

SGHOM
27-01-2007, 07:40 PM
OOPS ! :thinking: /rally :( :( /grouphug

psbarham
27-01-2007, 07:42 PM
OOPS ! :thinking: /rally :( :( /grouphug
who blew up / crashed ????????????

SGHOM
27-01-2007, 07:46 PM
who blew up / crashed ????????????

There WAS an incident. but I'll let the person involved explain just what happened. :thinking: no personal injuries were sustained. :pimp2:

stuartturbo
27-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Had a read of combe forum be entertaining have we simon /rally

The white Skyline was entertaining

cannot wait for Japfest

White Lightning
27-01-2007, 10:52 PM
There WAS an incident. but I'll let the person involved explain just what happened. :thinking: no personal injuries were sustained. :pimp2:

Derek - are you referring to the Clio that rolled ? Or did something happen to one of our lot ? :inquisiti

SGHOM
27-01-2007, 11:45 PM
I've a feeling the 'usual suspects' will be out partying tonight, so in no fit state to reply 'till after the w/e !! /pan

two years in the making.... but finally Heath has made his 'mark' at combe /rally

I was in the suicide seat for a session after lunch. there was a delay getting on track due to an incident with another car. eventually we left the pit lane behind a Jag XJS... who Heath soon despatched ! :evilgrin: nicely around quarry... building up speed into the essess. hard on the brakes.. right, then left, then power out. :afro: :afro: a bit of sideways action followed to the left, which Heath corrected............ or so he thought !! :speechles next thing..... we're swerving to the right !! /help & despeite Heaths heroic efforts.... 300 bhp, rear wheel drive, & stone cold tyres... the inevitable was about to happen ! he hit the brakes hard, but it was too late.... we were already on the grass. /help
& no matter what you do in that situation.... momemtom takes over. All we could do was sit tight wait for the car to stop sliding & spinning.

Now........ The infield at combe has umpteen acres of grass & just ONE tyre walled marshalls post. guess what we impacted ?? /Grrr we hit it side on, but the impact was that slow.... I, & also Heath thaught we'd only 'muddied' the N/S of the supra. anyway... back on the track to the sound of 10.000 pebbles rattling around under the car, we made it back to the paddock, to check the damage. :speechles :inquisiti :embarasse :embarasse oops !!

But in true Heath style... he jumped back in the car & carried on with the session !! WTG Heath !! :iloveyou:

I'll let Jane post the pics. !!

WildCards
28-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Oh no, he'd not bent some panels has he? Hope it's noyt too bad.

Simon
28-01-2007, 01:14 AM
(JOKE!)
:scholar:
Heath is out of hospital..../pan (joke) I'll let him post his version and to post pics.......

The following pic's are my interpretation of what he's gone and done...............

1st is the remains of his car after hitting a twig, the 2nd is what he did to my car after i laughed at him!.............:thinking:

Heath is now officially a Hardcore Track Day Driver /rally

WildCards
28-01-2007, 01:20 AM
dont believe youuuuuuuu

Simon
28-01-2007, 01:33 AM
the front wing has a ding but Heaths ego has not been affected:afro: ive tried uploading pics but failed...the pics will be up tomorrow........../rally

Heath.................

:iloveyou:

not

Spirit
28-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Glad you're okay Heath.....and D of course. You seemed in good spirits when I spoke to you after the incident.

Did everything seem to happen in slow motion ?

SGHOM
28-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Did everything seem to happen in slow motion ?
yes It did Pete !! we seemed to wait for ages whilst the tyre wall go closer & closer ! :thinking:
anyway.... nothing that a bit of Kierans 'anti mangled metal polish' wont cure :thinking: :afro: :afro:

richy rich
28-01-2007, 10:52 AM
yep that will polish out

way to go H/rally

good job nothing harder and closer to the track was there.

Spirit
28-01-2007, 01:08 PM
yes It did Pete !! we seemed to wait for ages whilst the tyre wall go closer & closer ! :thinking:

It's amazing how accidents seem to happen that way......I wonder why ?

Kieran
28-01-2007, 02:06 PM
D'oh! Not too bad. I agree with Richy and Derek - It'll buff out!?!:inquisiti

psbarham
28-01-2007, 05:51 PM
ooh nasty Heath , at least you are OK , /checks Jane ain't reading this :curtain: . if anybody at work asks Jane used it and pranged it whilst trying to parallel park it :D if she asks though i didn't suggest this ok /pan

HJM
28-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Home again after an fun filled and somewhat eventful weekend - the main story has been told but we had a great time at 2007's first track day - thanks to Simon and Claire for putting us up and to everyone else who came along. Considering its still January, the weather was pretty good too :sunny:

Have to laugh at Simon who came in after his second session and says 'these tyres are too grippy' and changes his wheels so he can have some sideways fun - never heard anyone complain of too much grip before /lol

Heath's little incident could have been a lot worse so all in all, another cracking weekend :iloveyou:

Here are a few pics from the morning :2thumbsup

HJM
28-01-2007, 06:13 PM
And some from the afternoon .....................

The rest are HERE (http://hjm.smugmug.com/gallery/2403387/1/125946961)

HJM
28-01-2007, 06:52 PM
What can I say - that's the last time I let Simon drive my car /Grrr

It was a long time coming and remember folks - always warm your tyres up first /pan

I even remember saying to Derek as we sat delayed in the pitlane, whilst clearing the rolled Clio - most accidents happen after lunch.

Cough .... mine happened on my first lap after lunch - what a plonker :speechles

Still lesson learned and it didn't stop us carrying on and having a blast /rally

H

ps
I'm sure those Marshall Posts have industrial strength electro-magnets in them !!!

White Lightning
28-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Glad to hear you are both ok guys ... and that the Supra is not too badly damaged.

And glad you all had a good time /rally

Jimbo
29-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Call that a crash, Heath?! /pan

Seriously though, glad to see it was only minor - I bet it shook you up a little bit too mate. Did it slow you down much afterwards? I bet it did for about....hmmm....2 laps!

Nice sensible wheels on the Skyline, Simon? Orange paint sold out at B&Q, yeah? :P

Glad you all had a good weekend, wish I could have been there. I've really got to get a car sorted out soon.

WildCards
29-01-2007, 01:48 PM
A bit of natter on here (http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?p=1&f=18&t=335775&h=0) about it. Apparently the Clio was doing just shy of 100mph when it rolled, the pilot and passenger were ok though fortunately.

Simon
29-01-2007, 02:43 PM
http://www.edpphoto.com/ctdcombe07pm.HTML/ctdcombe07pm-0951.htm

http://www.edpphoto.com/ctdcombe07pm.HTML/ctdcombe07pm-0954.htm

http://www.edpphoto.com/ctdcombe07pm.HTML/ctdcombe07pm-0956.htm

Cheeky git said on piston heads that he left the porsche and skylines behind.....The porsche was pussy footing around and the clio wasnt in our session and in the open pit lane he wasnt about............and..............and............. . at least we all drove our cars home! /pan

HJM
29-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Cheeky git said on piston heads that he left the porsche and skylines behind.....The porsche was pussy footing around and the clio wasnt in our session and in the open pit lane he wasnt about............and..............and............. . at least we all drove our cars home! /pan

/haz Its alright Simon, we know you are the bestest :iloveyou:

All I saw the various 'racing' Clio's do was spin anyway - the yellow one twice in two laps at Bobbies and the black on in front of Heath in the first session /pan /pan

Bluddy french cars :inquisiti

WildCards
29-01-2007, 03:46 PM

:annoyed: /boxing

HJM
29-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Just bought a second hand wing off of Ebay for £72 - the seller also has a mirror, so may get that too - then H has to t-cut out the scratches on the door and it will be as good as new :2thumbsup

/lol @ Steve - come on then, if you think you're hard enough /lol

Kieran
29-01-2007, 11:45 PM

Rejoyce! For Jane has seen the light! :iloveyou:

HJM
30-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Stop it you two /pan

Don't wind Steve up, he might squirt onion or garlic juice in our eyes at the next trackday :thinking:

H

WildCards
30-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Stop it you two /pan

Don't wind Steve up, he might squirt onion or garlic juice in our eyes at the next trackday :thinking:

H

Never! But I might blockade the entrance.

Spirit
31-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Heath

Did you not have your camcorder running when the "incident" occurred ?

HJM
31-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Heath

Did you not have your camcorder running when the "incident" occurred ?

Yes, he did /yes

Spirit
31-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes, he did /yes

Ohhhhh coool ! Are we gonna be allowed to see it ?

HJM
31-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Ohhhhh coool ! Are we gonna be allowed to see it ?

Well, you could but I have a problem - you need to see it with the original sound ('cos its really funny!!) but I have only ever used WMM, which does not like MPEG4 which our camera records in. I have to convert it to MPEG2 but in doing that it loses sound (which is why all my videos have a dodgy soundtrack attached!!).

So, I dunno what to do really .............................. :inquisiti

Spirit
31-01-2007, 08:19 PM
There must be a free MPEG4 to WMV converter around ?

HJM
31-01-2007, 08:34 PM
There must be a free MPEG4 to WMV converter around ?

Dunno - I have only ever done them the one way :inquisiti

J

SGHOM
31-01-2007, 08:46 PM
putfile converts them

HJM
31-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Ooh, I might just have found something :scholar:

HJM
31-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Ah ha - sorted!!

Barry, can I still upload videos the old way?

Cheers,

Spirit
31-01-2007, 10:53 PM
I think he has disabled it Jane.....?

HJM
31-01-2007, 10:55 PM
I think he has disabled it Jane.....?

Thought as much - hey ho ........................

J

HJM
31-01-2007, 11:56 PM
OK, just remembered I have an old putfile account, so for a limited time only ....................

Heaths Moment (http://media.putfile.com/HJMs-Moment)

You need to listen to it but there is BAD language!!!!

But if Heath asks, it wasn't me that put it up alright /Devil5

Spirit
31-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Just waiting for it to load.....

SGHOM
01-02-2007, 12:22 AM
OK, just remembered I have an old putfile account, so for a limited time only ....................

Heaths Moment (http://media.putfile.com/HJMs-Moment)

You need to listen to it but there is BAD language!!!!

But if Heath asks, it wasn't me that put it up alright /Devil5

he he he !!! /rally oh my god ?? It seemed so much slower when It actually happened ?? weird ! :thinking: :thinking: great Vid Jane :iloveyou:

HJM
01-02-2007, 12:24 AM
he he he !!! /rally oh my god ?? It seemed so much slower when It actually happened ?? weird ! :thinking: :thinking: great Vid Jane :iloveyou:

Cheers D :iloveyou:

Its all in the editing you know /lol

J

Spirit
01-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Yeah, that seemed to happen so much quicker than I expected.....well done Jane !

WildCards
01-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Cheers J, I downloaded it so I can have a look later when the gaffer's out.

The Vee
01-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Glad you two are OK, that's the main thing. As noted the car's not too bad and I see you already have repairs in hand.

Lillywotsername
01-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Cool vid Jane ..... WTG

And Heath ..... Just exactly what did you mean by those remarks. Never knew you used words like that..... I am shocked :shocked: :speechles /JawDroppi

Still all power to you for carrying on Mate.... I would have been in pieces if I damaged my other halfs pride and joy.

HJM
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Cool vid Jane ..... WTG

And Heath ..... Just exactly what did you mean by those remarks. Never knew you used words like that..... I am shocked :shocked: :speechles /JawDroppi

Still all power to you for carrying on Mate.... I would have been in pieces if I damaged my other halfs pride and joy.

It wasn't me it was Derek - he dropped a mint imperial on the floor and didn't stop cussing :speechles

And its my pride and joy - Jane likes that slow old estate car (which is also mine :pimp2: ) /pan

H/Devil5

Simon
02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Well................what can i say that hasnt already been said.....................?????/Hmmm

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<----------------------------

Kieran
02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
D'oh! I think the most amusing bit is Derek giggling like an child when you come to a stop!

What did surprise me is how quickly the car 'bit' you there - it didn't look THAT bad, but the way the tail snapped back across!....:speechles :inquisiti

HJM
02-02-2007, 10:35 AM
PMSL @ Simon - I think that sums it up quite nicely :iloveyou:

K - that's my favourite bit too - D giggling - makes me laugh every time /lol

It's not as forgiving as the old VR4, that's for sure - he actually has to attempt to drive this one!!

Nutter_John
02-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Great Vid , must admit the comments by Heath were excellent if not a little understated :D

Jane
06-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Still, your 'cold tyre' incident could have been worse, Darling - check out this numpty :speechles

OOOPS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjLOmVUykiI)

/oh, I don't need to do that anymore, do I :inquisiti

Nick Mann
06-02-2007, 09:22 PM
What a donut!! (Well, it would have been if the wall hadn't stopped him doing a full circle!!!) /pan

HJM
06-02-2007, 11:19 PM
My excursion off the black stuff was nothing like that /Grrr

I was at least powering out (ok I forgot the tyres were cold !) and having fun when I envoked it :pimp2:

Can't believe someone would do that on a sighting lap - although I did have an old 3 series BMW spin off in front of me on such a lap at Snetterton in the pouring rain (we were driving really slowly as well /pan Just like Jimbo's hitch-hiking snail :happy: ).

H