PDA

View Full Version : Meet Up of the New Year

NAUSED
04-01-2007, 06:44 AM
so when are we going to have a meet up or cruise, since it is 2007.

bradc
04-01-2007, 07:01 AM
We could have a workshop day again, my shed is fairly empty now, we could probably fit 3 or 4 cars in it

Subaru ETA
04-01-2007, 09:46 AM
how bouts a mean as cruise like up to mangawhai or something....i love those roads!

Xeroid
04-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Enough with the twiddling, get with the cruzin, Mangawhai sounds good.

KiwiTT
04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Much traffic on those roads ?

Subaru ETA
05-01-2007, 09:16 AM
just trying to get the ball rolling! if you take sh16 there is nothing bout nice twisting roads with noone on them. then there is the road that goes from sh1 to mangawhai which is an F'n mean road! i dont know waht we will do once we get there tho! just great vr4 roads!

bradc
05-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah the road out to mangawhai is great :) At this time of year it may be a little busy, the middle of February should be good though

KiwiTT
06-01-2007, 08:34 PM
I agree, Brad. Lets gauge interest in this thread for Mid February.

Subaru ETA
08-01-2007, 09:06 AM
as long as it after 14th coz ill be in oz

rayray24
09-01-2007, 05:07 AM
what about in welly?? i'm keen for a meet here, just to get to know other vr4 owners!!!

Gly
09-01-2007, 05:30 AM
you'd have to organise one with the welli boys,

most of us are auckland based, or at least close too,

theres at least 5-6 welli members on here thou?

NAUSED
09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
i'm so excited now because my brother has a old skool galant 89 vr4, its called an Anniversary Edition. he will be able to join the baddest club ever and roll with the baddest cars ever :2thumbsup :happy:

Subaru ETA
10-01-2007, 03:55 AM
or how bouts a track day? or is it too expensive?

bradc
10-01-2007, 06:45 AM
The problem with track days really is organising the numbers and getting payment before the event.

jaimz
10-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Happy New Year everyone... :2thumbsup
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the first meet of the year too - mid feb sounds cool to me - I head over to Oz on 22nd.

Brad, I think a workshop day is a good idea to fill in time before the meet too - especially if there are peeps with interesting stuff they want to do to.

:happy:

bradc
11-01-2007, 06:30 AM
ok cool, well when do we want to do it? I know there are a couple of things I would like help with, such as fitting a rear door speaker and swapping the passenger side front door.

Subaru ETA
11-01-2007, 10:07 AM
well if it fits into my work and oz schedule ill be in! i cant think of anyhting i personally need doing but being a mechanic i should be able to lend a hand...and some tools if y'all ask nice :D

ShadyNZer
11-01-2007, 10:52 AM
anyone know where to get like the fusion plugs that go in the back of the head decks from?? tried repco and super cheap and splurt!!...as for the workshop day...ahh maybe some help with puttin some ducting or whatever to my cold air box..or mountin my gauge...prolly easy enough to do myself but im pussy lol

Xeroid
12-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't mind adding a boost gauge myself, then might think about a manual boost control ..maybe ...don't tell Liz.

But a Boost gauge would be good

bradc
12-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Well we could all get that sorted for you too Brent :)

SHOWVR
13-01-2007, 03:01 AM
hey guys, work shop day sounds good - wanna get my FMIC fitted using factory piping..... what do i neeed?

bradc
13-01-2007, 06:29 AM
a FMIC for a start :) Some metal strips that can be used for brackets helps as well, other than that you won't need too much hardware at all. There are a couple of threads on fitting them on here.

dickytim
13-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm in for both, don't have anything to fit to mine unless I can get a FPR and fit it and my fuel pump, of just my fuel pump by it self and see how it goes, What date are you looking at for the workshop day brad ?

Cruise on 18th Feb ???

Anyone else have a suggested date ?

dickytim
13-01-2007, 10:37 PM
a FMIC for a start :) Some metal strips that can be used for brackets helps as well, other than that you won't need too much hardware at all. There are a couple of threads on fitting them on here.

Do you have a photo of the FMIC you will need some silicon joiners and may have to alter the impact bar at the front, it is a lot of work really, obviously depending on what size IC you have.

bradc
13-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats right, I forgot about the impact bar. If you have a 300mm high intercooler you will need to either remove the impact bar entirely or get some cutting discs and cut away quite a bit of it.

I don't know about the date yet, lets have the workshop day one week before the cruise, that way everyone can have their new toys on the car for the cruise :D

Gly
13-01-2007, 11:39 PM
could be keen on a workshop day,
got nothing to do thou, ill help others i suppose

dickytim
14-01-2007, 01:30 AM
well now that you mention is Gly, there is something you could help me with at a workshop day. I need to make and amp rack to fit into my spare wheel well. I need to fit 2 X alpine MRV-1000 and and Alpine MRV-F340..... should be right up your ally :)

Should be able to make do with some MDF and a jar of screws :)

Gly
14-01-2007, 02:24 AM
yep, can work something out.

you sure you want all the amp under there?
gets pretty hot,

also you keeping the spare wheel in there?

dickytim
14-01-2007, 05:47 AM
going to ditch the spare wheel, will load it up for trips away etc, shouldn't be too much problem with heat, there is still a fair bit of air space down there, could even duct the rear air con ducts later on if it does become an issue.

Lucas
14-01-2007, 06:08 AM
anyone know where to get like the fusion plugs that go in the back of the head decks from?? tried repco and super cheap and splurt!!...as for the workshop day...ahh maybe some help with puttin some ducting or whatever to my cold air box..or mountin my gauge...prolly easy enough to do myself but im pussy lol

What Fusion plugs are you after exactly? If you mean the wiring harness ones then I think I may have one lying around at work. Not sure what model it's for though. Let me know and I'll ave a looksy.

I can help out in the way of providing some electrical/electronic type tools if need be.

Many people here go to the 4&rotary nationals?

Gly
14-01-2007, 06:45 AM

nope, i still want to drive away in my car at the end of the day,

securitys to ****, over a dozen cars stolen last year,
and dont forget the lo ryder fire that took out a few with it in the fire,

and there charging $40 extra if you want a secure car park!
**** that!!

ShadyNZer
14-01-2007, 11:12 PM
What Fusion plugs are you after exactly? If you mean the wiring harness ones then I think I may have one lying around at work. Not sure what model it's for though. Let me know and I'll ave a looksy.

I can help out in the way of providing some electrical/electronic type tools if need be.

yeah thats it, the wiring harness, i got mine for free from repco a lil while back but the front speaker wires were cut off so im riding with only the subs and 6x9s goin....

Lucas
15-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Sorry Shady I forgot to look today but I'll try remember tomorrow.

Yeah I was relatively close to that fire.. was rather amusing though! You're totally right though, security is crap there. My brother and a few of his mates are coming to stay at my place so they can go to the nats. His mate has a GTO so think I might try nab a ride with them... keep the car safe and all!