PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fest 2?

Alex
04-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I know it's only 2 minutes since the last widows event, but some of us are starting to get itchy wallets again.

Does anyone fancy starting to plan shop fest 2? Perhaps we could go to a different shopping centre this time, and find a cheap hotel?

Any ideas of what or when?

Spread the word, the more the merrier :)

:5shots: /drinkswine /Handbag /secret :party2: /grouphug /Banana

Kieran
04-01-2007, 09:21 PM
/duh /help

Alex
04-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Wot?! We have to have a widows meet to officially welcome Crickle to the club.

Anyway, hush you. /pan

Nick Mann
04-01-2007, 09:25 PM
I've just told Vicky that it's a terrible idea! And I'll sneak my credit card back out of her wallet at the earliest opportunity!

Kieran
04-01-2007, 09:27 PM
I've just told Vicky that it's a terrible idea! And I'll sneak my credit card back out of her wallet at the earliest opportunity!

:scholar: :scholar:

Crickle
04-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Wot?! We have to have a widows meet to officially welcome Crickle to the club.

Anyway, hush you. /pan

Haha cheers hun.. so lets see.. we go shopping.. then a hotel... what do we do after that? Clubbing in our new outfits? Are we leaving the guys with the children! I hope so!

Anarchy pour tous!/drinkswine :runkest: :stars: /Banana

Alex
04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Definitely nice food and lots to drink /help

Crickle
04-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Any ideas on which city? Are we bringing the children?

Lillywotsername
04-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Any ideas on which city? Are we bringing the children?
Count me in..... As for kids.... Hopefully NOT!!!!!!! but will depend on Richard with regards to that.
After all we planned our weekend last time and I ended up having to get back to pick Adam up from rugby so the boys could go off shooting paint at each other....

Also depends on if he has a WRD job booked in/help
Oh and as Richy just said.... When, where and how much are also factors

Crickle
04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Oh and as Richy just said.... When, where and how much are also factors

Hmm.. Were not much further on then.. Any idea what time of year atleast? I think springtime would be great! We don't have to get in and out of coats in shops to try things on and we have a time of year to get fit for :)

Lillywotsername
04-01-2007, 10:50 PM
April time might be good..... Wotcha reckon????

BraindG
04-01-2007, 10:51 PM
isnt that Ring time? :inquisiti

Lillywotsername
04-01-2007, 10:52 PM
isnt that Ring time? :inquisiti
Don't know..... Don't care.... I ain't going!!!!!

BraindG
04-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Depart Dover at 08.15 Thursday 5th April 2007
Return Calais at 17.00 Wednesday 11th April 2007

Crickle
04-01-2007, 10:57 PM

Hassle hassle hassle! Anyway.. how about May?! i don't even know if I'm going to the Burger ring!

Lillywotsername
04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
I have my birthday on the 19th of april so maybe we could do something around that time then.....

Chrissy beat me too it..... We have japfest 1 in may

Maggie
04-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey can I come play/toycar :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Crickle
04-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey can I come play/toycar :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Yay for sure Maggie.. Have you not done one of these before?

Maggie
04-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Yay for sure Maggie.. Have you not done one of these before?

No im a virgin /lol /lol :runkest:

Vicky Mann
05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Count me in! /Banana

Lots going on in May so April would be better. Will get my thinking cap on as to possible venues.

WildCards
05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

/pause for breath

Lillywotsername
05-01-2007, 01:49 PM

/pause for breath

Humph.... I think with all the toys you have bought recently you should willingly let kate have a bit of retail therapy.....

Tight Wod Homo !!!!!!!!!:iloveyou:

WildCards
05-01-2007, 02:34 PM
She's already done her retail therapy in the sales!

Lillywotsername
05-01-2007, 02:39 PM
She's already done her retail therapy in the sales!
And!!!!!

Only kidding amte would be great if kate could make it though

WildCards
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm sure she will

Alex
06-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Mid to late April sounds like a plan to me!

Don't really care where TBH - it's the company that counts. :iloveyou: But having said that.... few ideas.... York? Manchester? Leeds?

I'm sure we'd be able to book into a travel lodge or similar. We could always share rooms to keep the cost down if necessary.

And Steve, you really should learn to trust us. We didn't exactly break the bank last time now did we?? /pan

Crickle
06-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Mid to late April sounds like a plan to me!

Don't really care where TBH - it's the company that counts. :iloveyou: But having said that.... few ideas.... York? Manchester? Leeds?

I'm sure we'd be able to book into a travel lodge or similar. We could always share rooms to keep the cost down if necessary.

And Steve, you really should learn to trust us. We didn't exactly break the bank last time now did we?? /pan

Hey by that time I might have my own place.. so.. you guys could save some cash and stay at mine if you want. Its possible I may also have Ethan too.

Let me know what you think :)/drinkswine /Wave

Lillywotsername
06-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey by that time I might have my own place.. so.. you guys could save some cash and stay at mine if you want. Its possible I may also have Ethan too.

Let me know what you think :)/drinkswine /Wave
Sounds like a plan to me.....................:iloveyou:

I am hoping to not have to bring jessica but if I do she can play snap with Ethan again. I will also be making sure she has a early night the night before and making her wear some very sensible shoes...../Grrr /help

Alex
06-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Staying over at someone's house is always a good plan - thanks for the offer /thankyou

You could of course all stay here - if we EVER get the dining room finished. We can always kick the other halves out again :)

I guess we could come up with a couple of options, and just the make the final decision about where we go nearer the time??

adam (richy rich junior)
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
well if my mum and the ladies are going shopping again or what ever that they do maybe the lads could go paintballing or go karting or some other fun, wacky game or sport which includes me mum lol:iloveyou: please

Kieran
06-01-2007, 07:19 PM
well if my mum and the ladies are going shopping again or what ever that they do maybe the lads could go paintballing or go karting or some other fun, wacky game or sport which includes me mum lol:iloveyou: please

Ugh! No more paintballing! I'm too delicate! /help

adam (richy rich junior)
06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
ok kieran no more paintballing

Crickle
06-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Its not fair! Why do you guys get to do all the fun bone breaking stuff?! I'd much rather go paint balling or go karting any day! Even abseiling white water rafting! Why don't we do an event like that girls? The more bruises the better lol/pan

adam (richy rich junior)
06-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Its not fair! Why do you guys get to do all the fun bone breaking stuff?! I'd much rather go paint balling or go karting any day! Even abseiling white water rafting! Why don't we do an event like that girls? The more bruises the better lol/pan
water rafting what a great idea now that would be fun even if the ladies did it and to watch :evilgrin: :iloveyou:

Crickle
06-01-2007, 08:03 PM
water rafting what a great idea now that would be fun even if the ladies did it and to watch :evilgrin: :iloveyou:

Oh noooooooooo...I'd break my nails lol! I don't have any! but my monster spots would be exposed! Not sure how many of us girls who use GHD's would allow the guys watch us white water raft!Oh the shame we'd feel lol!/help /Hmmm /woot2

adam (richy rich junior)
06-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Oh noooooooooo...I'd break my nails lol! I don't have any! but my monster spots would be exposed! Not sure how many of us girls who use GHD's would allow the guys watch us white water raft!Oh the shame we'd feel lol!/help /Hmmm /woot2
lol :laugh: /Devil5 /haz /haz that would be really funny to watch

Crickle
06-01-2007, 08:15 PM
No it wouldn't ....:( wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

adam (richy rich junior)
06-01-2007, 08:18 PM
No it wouldn't ....:( wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm just joking chrissy

Lillywotsername
06-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Kieran.... you BIG GIRLS BLOUSE!!!!!!!......:evilgrin:

Its not fair! Why do you guys get to do all the fun bone breaking stuff?! I'd much rather go paint balling or go karting any day! Even abseiling white water rafting! Why don't we do an event like that girls? The more bruises the better lol

I don't think so...... Don't want a month of physio after thankyou very much!!!!

I would rather just go.... do a bit of shopping then a long lunch in a pub somewhere /drinkswine /drinkswine :runkest:

Crickle
06-01-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't think so...... Don't want a month of physio after thankyou very much!!!!

Actually.. that's a good point.. I'm not getting any younger lol... I forget I'm not teenager any more...I guess i just prefer physical outdoor fun than drinking and walking round for hours..I prefer getting mucky and bruised... Can we not do something energetic and then go shopping?/pan /help /toycar

richy rich
07-01-2007, 08:21 AM
you could do both lorr got back in time to come paint balling with us last time but stayed home.

Crickle
07-01-2007, 11:52 AM
you could do both lorr got back in time to come paint balling with us last time but stayed home.

Hold on a minute! Barry said it was just a guys thing that's why i was excluded! Is this not true guys?/Grrr

SGHOM
07-01-2007, 11:55 AM
I think the girls should come paintballing with us, & see what real pain is !!

childbirth ?? pah ! :thinking: :thinking:

Crickle
07-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I think the girls should come paintballing with us, & see what real pain is !!

childbirth ?? pah ! :thinking: :thinking:

Derek.. You struggle to stay awake for more than 2 hours a day... now that is painful... paintballing pah!/pan

BraindG
07-01-2007, 12:04 PM
/Handbag On the count of 3 take ten paces, turn and fire. /toycar

Crickle
07-01-2007, 12:36 PM
/Handbag On the count of 3 take ten paces, turn and fire. /toycar

Awe don't Barry... You know how confused he gets when there are pink handbags around ! /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag

Nick Mann
07-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Vicky was talking about this yesterday. She said how about a spa weekend? It doesn't have to be too expensive, especially if rooms are shared, and it covers a multitude of sins. Those who want to go shopping can, those who want to cover themselves in mud can (although not the dirty mud that some of the women on this thread are talking about!) and then everyone can get drunk with an evening meal?
Sounds like a plan to me. Sufficiently girly!!

Lillywotsername
07-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey I am easy...... No Nick not like that !!!!!!!:iloveyou: :iloveyou: :evilgrin:

Will go with the flow.... just need to know if Jessica is a no no or not ( Spa weekend.... she is definately NOT coming!!!)

I am pretty game for anything.

Come on Maggie.... have you got any suggestions?

Jane ( Red ) / Helen / Kate..... Any ideas???????

adam (richy rich junior)
07-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Vicky was talking about this yesterday. She said how about a spa weekend? It doesn't have to be too expensive, especially if rooms are shared, and it covers a multitude of sins. Those who want to go shopping can, those who want to cover themselves in mud can (although not the dirty mud that some of the women on this thread are talking about!) and then everyone can get drunk with an evening meal?
Ya nick i agree with you that if the girls want to go shopping or put cucumber slices on there eyes they can, well now that the ladies are sorted us men should think of a plan of what to do (E.G go karting) and how many people are coming, and if it is going to be a sleep over job or the day and were we are staying (E.G our house):2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Crickle
07-01-2007, 02:42 PM

OMG OMG! Yesssssssssssssssssss!! A spa weekend!!!!!!!!!! A weekend covered in mud having massages and face masks! Talk about a treat for the ladies!/woot2 I'm all in for that girls!

Alex
07-01-2007, 09:07 PM
those who want to cover themselves in mud can (although not the dirty mud that some of the women on this thread are talking about!)

Don't carried away Nick - I know how your mind works ;)

Sounds like a good idea. I don't really mind as long as alcohol and gossip are involved :2thumbsup

Maggie
07-01-2007, 09:08 PM
OMG OMG! Yesssssssssssssssssss!! A spa weekend!!!!!!!!!! A weekend covered in mud having massages and face masks! Talk about a treat for the ladies!/woot2 I'm all in for that girls!

Yep count me in for that one /Poms /Poms /Banana /drinkswine /drinkswine /Poms /Poms

WildCards
08-01-2007, 11:50 AM
I reckon I could sort out a decent karting day for the lads in Leicester for a good price.
Sutton Circuit is a new placxe I went to just before Christmas, it's a tight small circuit excellent for some good buimper to bumper action and I may be able to get some discount on a days worth.

OR we could go to Stretton Circuit, do some karting in the morning and painballing in the afternoon as they do both.

OR we just do a trackday somewhere if we plan the dates right.

Crickle
08-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I reckon I could sort out a decent karting day for the lads in Leicester for a good price.
Sutton Circuit is a new placxe I went to just before Christmas, it's a tight small circuit excellent for some good buimper to bumper action and I may be able to get some discount on a days worth.

OR we could go to Stretton Circuit, do some karting in the morning and painballing in the afternoon as they do both.

OR we just do a trackday somewhere if we plan the dates right.

/Hijack /catfight

WildCards
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Alright, I'll start me own then /pan

Crickle
08-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Alright, I'll start me own then /pan

Oh no... you stay right here young man... its better that us ladies can keep an eye on you boys! /pan

WildCards
08-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Too late... hehe!

Lillywotsername
09-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Right..... Come on girls. At this rate the men will be dictating when we can have our get together because they are getting things organised faster than a VR4 on NOS!!!!!

So have we agreed on a Spa weekend? If so where?

Can we please have a show of hands as to who is coming......

I am going to send Helen and Jane a PM to see if they are up for this one...

The only other thing is When???

I am still hoping for the middle to end of April so will not fall in with any meets but will be flexable if that doesn't suit others.

Please can we get this sorted.......:iloveyou: all.

BraindG
09-01-2007, 02:48 PM
I know CHrissy is well excited about the Spa weekend, but ive convinced her to come to the Ring with me (hopefully :)) so might want to avoid the ring dates?

WildCards
09-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Kates cool for whenever. It's my bifday at the beginning of April, so go then and she can get me a great pressy

Crickle
09-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't care when you have it.. all i need to know is when and how much! I can travel either way :)

PS Thank you for announcing that I have agreed to go to the BurgerRing with you! You could have let me do that u cheeky monkey! XX

Alex
09-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Kates cool for whenever. It's my bifday at the beginning of April, so go then and she can get me a great pressy

Like a wedding ring???

Alex
09-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Ok, just to throw a spanner in the works.....

Are we set on a spa weekend, or are we still at the ideas stage?? I was thinking it might be really fun to do Alton Towers, or somewhere like Chester Zoo - or similar.

3 main elements for me: food, booze and gossip. /toycar I'm generally open to any idea (spa included), but you ain't gonna get me in a mud pack!!

As for dates.... are we thinking late April then?

Kieran
09-01-2007, 09:15 PM
..... but you ain't gonna get me in a mud pack!!

Do the rest of you Widows fancy a challenge? That sounds like one to me! /Devil5

Alex
09-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Do the rest of you Widows fancy a challenge? That sounds like one to me! /Devil5

Oi you! Don't make me come down there and kick your ass /pan

Crickle
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
By the looks of things i don't think we could organise a pi$$ up in a brewery at this rate!:thinking:

Alex
09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
I know.... it took us ages last time!

How about we start with dates and go from there??

What date are you back from the burger ring?

Crickle
09-01-2007, 10:23 PM
I know.... it took us ages last time!

How about we start with dates and go from there??

What date are you back from the burger ring?

i don't know! Barry does tho and everyone else but me knows! I'm a VR4 newbie!

BraindG
09-01-2007, 10:49 PM
ladies ladies /pan

UK Area > UK Events/Meets > RT5 - Easter 2007

/toycar

Alex
09-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Ok, some ideas for dates...

to fall between RT5 and Jap fest, would need to be:

Apr 14th
Apr 21st
Apr 28th
May 5th
May12th

Are there any of these dates that people can't do?

Crickle
09-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Ok, some ideas for dates...

to fall between RT5 and Jap fest, would need to be:

Apr 14th
Apr 21st
Apr 28th
May 5th
May12th

Are there any of these dates that people can't do?

I'll vote for May 12th.. Springtime yahoooooooooo!!!

WildCards
10-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Like a wedding ring???

Oi you! Don't make me come down there and kick your ass /pan

My sentiments exactly Alex /pan /Grrr

Alex
11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
My sentiments exactly Alex /pan /Grrr

PMSL! Sorry Steve, couldn't resist /STP

(Good luck Kate, mate :2thumbsup )

Maggie
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll vote for May 12th.. Springtime yahoooooooooo!!!

That sounds fine to me may bring my daughter with me our birthdays are in may so can be an early treat :2thumbsup /Poms /Poms /drinkswine /drinkswine /Poms /Poms

Alex
11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
May 12th is fine with me.

If poss I would prefer to avoid the last weekend in April, as that's when K and my anniversary is.

Lillywotsername
11-01-2007, 07:24 PM
I think the common consensus is may the 12th is the best time....

Thank goodness for that.... We have agreed on something:iloveyou: :2thumbsup

Crickle
11-01-2007, 07:44 PM
I think the common consensus is may the 12th is the best time....

Thank goodness for that.... We have agreed on something:iloveyou: :2thumbsup

Yay.. Finally! I thought it was never going to happen /haz

Kieran
11-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Cue the Hallelujah Chorus.... /pan

Crickle
11-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Now we need a location, preferably south of Manchester away from the rain :)

Lillywotsername
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Ok a few suggestions that has been made...

1 Shopping somewhere.

2 A spa day somewhere

3 Chester Zoo..... Child friendly place

4 Alton towers... child friendly place

5 We could wing it... pick a city and go from there. eg, bowling, food, shopping, ect

6 An out- door day .... but that might still be a bit cold.

Vicky Mann
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
The 12th should be ok as long as we can agree on it now (I'm a bridesmaid on the 29th and I don't know what I'll need to be doing towards wedding stuff during May).

Been having a think about what we can do. Why don't we try to settle on a city and take it from there? Chester seems fairly easy for us all to get to, it also looks like there is a good variety of things to do (good shopping, zoo etc). What do you all think?

Crickle
11-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I've been to Chester Zoo a few times but it was always raining. It would be nice to go there when the weather is a bit warmer in May. Seriously tho, it depends on what people want, do we want a family day, or are we meeting to all out treat ourselves?

Alex
11-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm up for anything except option 6. Sorry girls but I just aint the outdoor action type.

As for which city I really don't mind - it's the company that counts after all.

Just thought of something else to add to the pot - if we based it round Chester, we could go to the races (horse variety) of shopping or the zoo didn't appeal. Never been, but it looks like fun.

I think if we are agreed on the 12th?? then I think Vicky's right that the next thing to do is agree which city and take it from there.

Few options then:

1) Chester
2) London
3) York
4) Manchester
5) Sheffield

Any others to add to the pot??

Lillywotsername
12-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Sorry But I would prefer Chester or manchester. I do 6/7 hours driving on a friday and TBH the last thing I need is to get back in my car and drive for a couple more hours.

Mind you.... This is may we are talking about here and Maybe..... just Maybe the VR4 will be back on the road so I can bring her.... And if you don't like it Richard.... TUFF!!:evilgrin: /toycar /toycar /toycar

WildCards
12-01-2007, 10:49 AM
I've got a mate that lives in Chester, we've had a long suspicion that he's on the other bus and as such might enjoy a girly weekend with you. Perhaps you could stay at his?

Alex
13-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah I'm sure you mate will be mightily pleased with you for offering his home up! /pan

Chester or Manchester is fine with me Lilly. Just thought I'd open the options in case anyone had any other mind blowing ideas :)

RED
14-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Considering the crap I've been through of late the thought of a hunky man rubbing me up and down with baby oil makes me a little light headed and very tempted by this option /Devil5

However have you seen the prices - I'd want him to sleep with me for that money :lipsrseal :leer: /JawDroppi /lol

http://www.spaseekers.com/index.php?main=pages&page=106

Mmmm second thoughts I may end up owing him money /help

RED
14-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Or other activities in Chester
http://www.chestercourthotel.com/lattractions.htm

Lillywotsername
14-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks for that Jane... Never knew ther was an aquarium there as well:2thumbsup

Looking good girls.......lets get something booked soon.:2thumbsup

RED
14-01-2007, 11:19 PM
This is abit better
http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Category.jhtml?CATID=99139&partnerId=10459

Lillywotsername
14-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I think Richard booked mine last year with Lastminute.com.....

Throughly good day and a lovely resort.........:2thumbsup

RED
14-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Not bad

http://www.healthfarms-uk.co.uk/packagedetail.ink?venueid=60&recno=33617&stay=0&venue=Hellidon%20Lakes

http://www.healthfarms-uk.co.uk/packagedetail.ink?venueid=6&recno=72&stay=0&venue=Moddershall%20Oaks

one for Alex

http://www.healthfarms-uk.co.uk/packagedetail.ink?venueid=13&recno=32816&stay=0&venue=Whittlebury%20Hall

One of us could get married - Kate! (STEVE!!)

http://www.healthfarms-uk.co.uk/packagedetail.ink?venueid=13&recno=32819&stay=0&venue=Whittlebury%20Hall

and finially

http://www.healthfarms-uk.co.uk/packagedetail.ink?venueid=48&recno=33415&stay=0&venue=Shrigley%20Hall

Crickle
15-01-2007, 02:12 AM
This is abit better
http://www.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Category.jhtml?CATID=99139&partnerId=10459

/Droooooooooling at the spa resorts XXX

Kieran
15-01-2007, 09:34 AM
.... XXX

Errr?! I don't think there'll be any of THAT going on?:speechles

BraindG
15-01-2007, 09:35 AM
.... XXX

Errr?! I don't think there'll be any of THAT going on?:speechles
LOL - I Hope not! :speechles

RED
15-01-2007, 04:54 PM
LOL - I Hope not! :speechles

What happened to new age men?:speechles /toycar Bet you'd watch it on the telly :pimp2:

Alex
15-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Excellent finds Jane! :2thumbsup

Certainly looks like there is plenty of choice of things to do in Chester.

Have we fixed on that weekend in May?? I'll get in touch with Kate and Vicky and check it's ok with them if everyone else is set?

What do you reckon, next step look at accomodation? What are people thinking Sat night stop over, fri and sat or what?

Oooh sooo excited. I can feel my credit card twitching already /toycar

Lillywotsername
15-01-2007, 09:57 PM
If we are doing 1 or 2 nights then we will have to find cheap accomodation. For me and anyone else bringing children... IE maggie and maybe Chrissy... a twin room in a hotel will work out expensive.
I personally would rather stay at an Ibis or summut and have extra cash for spending.

Alex
15-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Ibis sounds great for me. For anyone NOT bringing kids I am happy to share, or I am equally happy to pay for a separate room.

WildCards
16-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Kate will be bringing herself, so again, she'll be happy to share if it means she's got more dosh to spend on pampering.

We still haven't got any internet access at home, so she can't respond to this thread herself. Feel free to give her a ring though if there anything you need sorting out.

Alex
16-01-2007, 09:11 PM
We still haven't got any internet access at home, so she can't respond to this thread herself. Feel free to give her a ring though if there anything you need sorting out.

That reminds me - please tell Kate I don't mean to be rude in responding to her text. I will give her a call in the next few days - just thought there was too much to get over by text. I'm sure you've let her know the gist anyways.

WildCards
18-01-2007, 10:49 AM
No sweat Alex, she too busy doing the dishes, cooking, cleaning etc to talk to you anyway :p

Crickle
18-01-2007, 07:27 PM
No sweat Alex, she too busy doing the dishes, cooking, cleaning etc to talk to you anyway :p

Oh... the cheek of it!! /pan

I'm not bringing Ethan if I can help it ladies FYI. If its a Saturday I can drop Ethan home around lunch and head to Chester. i don't think its going to take too long by car from Manchester will it?! Hope my car doesn't die! Argh!!/help

Cleaning Lady
21-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Yes we finally have Internet Access, we where connected esterday but i could not get on as per (Steve hogging the computor) Furtunately although steve not mentioned I am off Saturday 12th of May! presume thats when where talking. Spa day sounds great never had the chance of going on one before!!!
I need to could try and booked to finish early on friday 11th as you know from last time I did not finish til 1730...

Cleaning Lady
21-01-2007, 10:07 AM
P.S Alex steve did not tell me you had apoligised for not texting as forgetful as he is I thought you just did not want to speak to me!!

Only kidding I have actually been experiencing problems with my mobile too so did not know if you had replyed but i had not received it!

Alex
03-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok - was thinking of looking into hotels in Chester then. General consensus seems to be that if we book accomodation first then we can all go off and do whatever we want to do, and meet in the evening if necessary.

Can people confirm the following please:
a) do you want your own room, or would you prefer to share to keep cost down
b) just sat night, or fri and sat?
c) any other preferences / comments.

The list so far of those that have expressed an interest is:
1) Alex
2) Vicky
3) Lilly
4) Kate
5) Red (Jane)
6) Maggie
7) Crickle

Have I missed anyone off? As ever, all are welcome.

Cleaning Lady
07-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Ok - was thinking of looking into hotels in Chester then. General consensus seems to be that if we book accomodation first then we can all go off and do whatever we want to do, and meet in the evening if necessary.

b) just sat night, or fri and sat?
c) any other preferences / comments.

The list so far of those that have expressed an interest is:
1) Alex
2) Vicky
3) Lilly
4) Kate
5) Red (Jane)
6) Maggie
7) Crickle

Have I missed anyone off? As ever, all are welcome.

I am happy with sharing if it keeps cost down, also have changed my hours at work now so do not work fridays or saturdays anymore so happy to do both depending on deciding vote but would need to book sunday off!
If we have definately decided on may 12th then I shall get that booked when in tomorrow!!! (can always cancel it at a later date if change of plan!):happy:

Physician
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM

.............. As ever, ALL are welcome.

Oh, OK I'll share then.

(Reminder for self: champagne, chocolates, condoms, clean underwear, stick-on hairy chest and book 'Hypnosis for Beginners'. Oh, and flowers.) :thinking:

Alex
07-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Oh, OK I'll share then.

(Reminder for self: champagne, chocolates, condoms, clean underwear, stick-on hairy chest and book 'Hypnosis for Beginners'. Oh, and flowers.) :thinking:

PMSL!! Thanks Rich, I've had a crap day, and you've really made me laugh mate :2thumbsup

Alex
15-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Anyone still up for this?

Cleaning Lady
29-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes booked may 13th off work and am really looking forward to some R amd R!

Crickle
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
HI Ladies
I regret to inform you that I will not be able to attend the shop fest or any other CVR4 events. This is because Barry and I are no longer together. He broke up with me on Monday. Naturally I am absolutely shocked and devastated as I thought he was the one! It would hurt me too much to hear about him so its best I leave clubvr4 too.
Have a wonderful time ladies, I wish you all the best.
Christina x

Lillywotsername
11-04-2007, 08:05 AM
:( :thumbsdow /JawDroppi Chrissy I am so very sorry to hear this...... Give me a bell later if you fancy a chat, and I will always be on MSN if you are in need of a chat.

Crickle
11-04-2007, 11:15 AM
(I Was So Furious In The Text I Wrote Here But Now It Has Been Deleted - I deleted it in order to not drop to such low levels!)

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

bernmc
11-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I'll kick him in the nadgers for you next time I see him. We girls must stick together... and as the *only* gay in the club, I am also a Lady ;)

But seriously, C, don't go - it's been nice having you around... :bigcry:

Lillywotsername
11-04-2007, 02:56 PM
And so say all of us.......:iloveyou:

Nutter_John
11-04-2007, 03:11 PM
And so say all of us.......:iloveyou:

And so say all of us , 100% correct , give it time ,you will always be welcome on here

Physician
11-04-2007, 05:06 PM

I'm in total agreement ........ it'll be nice having you around ......

To my place :evilgrin: :scholar:

Crickle
11-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm in total agreement ........ it'll be nice having you around ......

To my place :evilgrin: :scholar:

Lol thanks all of you.. I'm afraid I'm not gonna be interested in guys for a while, sorry physician.. no offence babe... too hurt to want to ever date again!!/pan

Alex
13-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Sorry you're having such a rough time of it. You're still one of us, whenever you want mate :) Chin up.

Crickle
13-04-2007, 09:31 PM
What date is the spa day again?
I think I could go for some pampering the way i feel today!
Might stop the palpitations..
I have sat nav too so i can find my way... yay!!!

Alex
18-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Ok,

Not sure how we ended up picking this date, but it doesn't seem to be brilliant for everyone. Plus, we haven't really got ourselves organised over this.

I know that Lilly and Vicky can't commit. However, Kate and I are still definitely up for it. We've decided to meet at my house for the weekend Sat 12th May. That way it keeps the costs down, and means that anyone else who's interested can just decide at the last minute.

So all widows are welcome. I have given Kieran his marching orders for that weekend. I can't accomodate people as well as at Chez Mann, but we can manage ok.

Anyone who's interested let me know :)

Lillywotsername
18-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I have just been speaking to Richy about this weekend and I am determined I am going to come without small female child....

Should be fun

WildCards
18-04-2007, 10:16 PM
However, Kate and I are still definitely up for it. We've decided to meet at my house for the weekend Sat 12th May.

Eh? :huh2:

Crickle
18-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Hi Ladies
I will consult Ethans father about getting the weekend night off with Ethan. Not sure if he will allow it with Japfest being straight after and I was hoping to be childless on that trip too.
Leave it with me.... How much is a spa day again... mmm ... lovely mud baths, massages and bone crackings!!

RED
19-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry ladies no matter how much I would like a mud bath and a hunky swedish massage I have to pull out/Grrr

I missed a very important fact about the day in question and that is that it's Marcus' birthday:iloveyou: /duh

SORRY!

WildCards
19-04-2007, 02:46 PM
I missed a very important fact about the day in question and that is that it's Marcus' birthday:iloveyou: /duh

SORRY!

Take him with you. He looks the sort :thinking:

Lillywotsername
19-04-2007, 02:49 PM
So... Now we have a definite date sorted, what are you boys gunna do while the cats away. I would suggest paint balling like last time but a guy was killed at ours not so long ago. :(

BraindG
19-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Ive got Me Daughter that weekend :D

WildCards
19-04-2007, 02:54 PM
So... Now we have a definite date sorted, what are you boys gunna do while the cats away. I would suggest paint balling like last time but a guy was killed at ours not so long ago. :(

From paintballing?

My house can be empty and theres a couple of decent karting tracks nearby, some paintballing facilities, a BBQ in the garden and room for tinkering on a couple of cars. Wonder if theres any motor racing on at Donington that weekend? Off to check...

WildCards
19-04-2007, 02:57 PM
hmm, nothing at Donny but

Moto X Open
"Mallory 51" Classic Championship

Car Races & Displays Celebrating 51 years of motor racing at Mallory Park
Moto X Open is on at Mallory on the Sunday

is at Mallory on the Sunday

Lillywotsername
19-04-2007, 03:01 PM
From paintballing?
No he was staff apparently......

From what I could gather from the news, one of the sheds fell in on him. Don't even know if they have reopened yet as closed for h&S investigations.

Alex
19-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't really know about spa days in this area......

However, we do have a lovely corner bath that people you would be more than welcome to make use of!

I was thinking it might just be best to decide what we want to do on the day - but I could see if there are any local spa days if that's what people want....

RED
19-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Take him with you. He looks the sort :thinking:

Meow - baitch/catfight /Handbag

WildCards
20-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Meow - baitch/catfight /Handbag

:afro: :evilgrin:

Crickle
20-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Now Now ladies... Lets not fight!/pan

WildCards
20-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Now Now ladies... Lets not fight!/pan

oooh, i'm a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady

Crickle
20-04-2007, 12:49 PM
oooh, i'm a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady

If its handbags and biatch slaps at dawn you are lol

WildCards
27-04-2007, 10:06 AM
It seems our May weekends are choc-a-block and I can't ask the folks to have the skiddadles every weekend, so i'm afraid I won't be available for consuming copious amounts of alchohol with you, whiping yo asses at paintballing, doing a Schuey at Karting or anyfink unfortunately.

Crickle
02-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Hi Again ladies

I am def not gonna be able to make it after all, I am hoping to come to Japfest without my lovely sproglett so shopfest is out the window for me as I will have him here this weekend and poss my freind from Kent.

Shame cos I would have loved the drive up listening to my french Sat Nav. Its ace! I get a bit confused when it asks me to do a u turn, i don't know the french for that!

I am hoping that we can go to the Alton Towers meet tho.

Have a great night. xxx

Christina :)

Alex
03-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry to hear this Chrissy - but will catch up with you at Jap Fest anyhow.

Alex
xx

Lillywotsername
03-05-2007, 09:29 PM
So..... What are we gunna do then girlies. All I know for sure is that we are stopping at yours Alex, after that I don't have the foggiest.

Also, What are you gunna do with Kieren????? As much as i would like to spent time with him, is he gunna Bugger off somewhere?????

Richy is a no-show for any thing, he is going to be way too busy getting cars sorted for Japfest, which is sad really, but hey ho, these things have to be done and all that.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to this now.... made the mistake of mentioning it in front of Jessica..... Now she wants to come. Still I reminded her of what a miserable little mare she was last time and said NO!!!!!

Oh is it going to be from Friday night again, if so I am probably going to be late as I have to work unfortunately, but I will get finished asap
See yas all there.....

Kieran
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Also, What are you gunna do with Kieren????? As much as i would like to spent time with him, is he gunna Bugger off somewhere?????

Charming!! :speechles

Heh! Yeah, I'll be elsewhere, worry ye not.:scholar:

Lillywotsername
03-05-2007, 09:49 PM
You know I love you really K.... And I can give you some L&A this Sunday so you don't feel left out.

Crickle
03-05-2007, 10:04 PM
You know I love you really K.... And I can give you some L&A this Sunday so you don't feel left out.

What is L&A?

Kieran
03-05-2007, 10:06 PM

Oooh, G'Mornin! :pimp2: :afro: :scholar:

Kieran
03-05-2007, 10:08 PM
What is L&A?

I assume Love and affection.... Unless Lilly has a side hitherto undiscovered....:inquisiti

SGHOM
03-05-2007, 10:08 PM
What is L&A?

lust & ana....................... :inquisiti :5shots: :5shots:

Kieran
03-05-2007, 10:10 PM
lust & ana....................... :inquisiti :5shots: :5shots:

Oooh 'eck!! :inquisiti :uhoh2:

Lillywotsername
04-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I assume Love and affection.... Unless Lilly has a side hitherto undiscovered....:inquisiti
You assume correctly K..... It is " Love and Affection".

Oh and Derek.... Keep taking the pills mate:inquisiti

Crickle
04-05-2007, 11:10 AM
You assume correctly K..... It is " Love and Affection".

Oh and Derek.... Keep taking the pills mate:inquisiti

Which ones.. he has so many!:iloveyou:

Alex
04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Well it's pretty open really. Have instructed K to make himself scarce (doesn't mean I don't love you K). Kate is coming Sat am. Thought we'd do a bit of shopping then take-away and chick flick sat night.

You're welcome fri night too, and also welcome to bring Jess if necessary. No fixed plans - you tell me.

As before, all welcome. Look forward to seeing you

Alex
xx

SGHOM
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
take-away and chick flick sat night.

can I come ?? :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :afro:

Alex
04-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Surely that would defeat the object of having a widows event....

However, just you and me, any time ;)

Kieran
04-05-2007, 11:39 PM

Hmmm..... The widows might appreciate a stripper!!

:inquisiti

Alex
04-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Hmmm..... The widows might appreciate a stripper!!

:inquisiti

I appreciate the sentiment, but just don't go there - it's kind of like getting your mate to strip for your fiancee's hen night i.e. wrong on so many levels! Trust me. we are more than capable of making arrangements to cater for our tastes :)

psbarham
05-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Trust me. we are more than capable of making arrangements to cater for our tastes :)

yeh you can imagine them now
' well we spent all the spare cash on booze , but we could do with some men for light entertainment , what to do ? ooh hang on , i have an idea '

'hello which emergency service would you like ?'

' eer fire brigade please '

/pan /pan /pan /pan /pan

Crickle
05-05-2007, 09:33 PM
hehe - sounds like a plan lol

BraindG
05-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Have instructed K to make himself scarce (doesn't mean I don't love you K).
Where you going K?

Crickle
05-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Where you going K?

He's been sent to sleep in the shed at the bottom of the garden poor soul :inquisiti

Kieran
05-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Where you going K?

Erm, errr..... Ummm..... I'm sure I'll think of something! :uhoh2:

He's been sent to sleep in the shed at the bottom of the garden poor soul :inquisiti

We ain't got no shed! :embarasse

Crickle
05-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Erm, errr..... Ummm..... I'm sure I'll think of something! :uhoh2:

We ain't got no shed! :embarasse

Sorry I meant cardboard box :):speechles

Kieran
05-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry I meant cardboard box :):speechles

Erm.... Maybe I should bunk down under the pile of old hedge clippings, survival style?! :speechles

Lillywotsername
06-05-2007, 08:32 AM
' eer fire brigade please '
Um excuse me Paul...... I think you have this wrong.

It would be the police everytime.........:smitten: ;) ;) :curtain:

Ok Alex I will shoot over Saturday morning if you don't mind, so I am not too shattered. I will see about Jessica, depends on how she behaves this week and wether or not she gets PMT or anything that will affect her mood ( Note to self.... get the chocolate in soon cos it wont be far away)

Anyway Hun I will let you know.

Alex
06-05-2007, 08:44 AM
No problem hun - I'm kind of leaving it as open house, so people can suit themselves.

richy rich
06-05-2007, 09:13 AM
No D a chick flick is not your usual girly film (The internet is for PORN)the films you come to

Crickle
06-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Um excuse me Paul...... I think you have this wrong.

It would be the police everytime.........:smitten: ;) ;) :curtain:

Hehe I agree to the police uniform one! :smitten:
In reality tho they are still men! :zzz:

Wish I'd have come up now with Ethan, not had any sleep all night with the neighbours/Grrr partying until 6am! i feel dreadful! My mate never turned up from Kent either!

Did you guys have a nice night!?

Alex
06-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Chrissy,

It's next weekend hun!

Crickle
06-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Chrissy,

It's next weekend hun!

You see, my head is firmly planted in the wrong place with the lack of sleep! darn it!:speechles

Alex
06-05-2007, 07:13 PM
You see, my head is firmly planted in the wrong place with the lack of sleep! darn it!:speechles

LOL! Don't worry chick, it happens to the best of us :)

Lillywotsername
12-05-2007, 09:44 PM
What a cracking day it has been so far.....

We went shopping for an hour and ended up in our favourite place... the Pub of coarse.

Back to Alex's and we have just had a fantastic Chinese dinnner.... we even remembered to order enough for brekkie tomorrow. :D

Thankyou to Alex and Kieren for allowing us to invade their home for the weekend... you are absolute stars.

Lillywotsername
13-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Well I am home safe and sound.....

I would just like to thanks Alex once again for a wonderful time and Kieren for vacating Kierencorp Towers for the weekend.

A very good time was had by all.... too much wine and food always makes for a great time and the company was fantastic... Thank you all. xxxxxx

Alex
13-05-2007, 03:42 PM
No problem Lilly - thanks for the great company, the wine and flowers, and of course for helping with the breakfast this morning when I was way too sleepy..... :iloveyou:

And just for the record, I thought Jessica behaved impecably all weekend :)

Overall though, I think this event was badly named as shop fest 2..... Wine Fest 6 would have been more accurate :)

Glad you got home ok - at least going back you don't have to worry about being confused by my directions!

Look forward to seeing you all again next weekend /Poms

Lillywotsername
13-05-2007, 04:57 PM
And just for the record, I thought Jessica behaved impecably all weekend :)

I have to admit the threat of being bounced off every wall in the house seemed to do its job.... :D

Overall though, I think this event was badly named as shop fest 2..... Wine Fest 6 would have been more accurate :)

Oh I totally agree with this statement...... Mind you, I think when any CVR4 women come together the wine seems to flow rather faster than normal.

Oh and for the record... I have come home and bought the first 3 Happy Potter books, so at I can keep up with the conversation next time..... /haz :D

Vicky Mann
13-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Thank you all for a fab time. Within five minutes of arriving I'd completely forgotten why I was stressed - thank you all. :iloveyou:

I arrived home expecting to open the door to left over curry and empty beer cans everywhere; oh and no chocolate brownies left. I was pleasantly surprised to find the place tidy and only four brownies gone. Next batch has been made and will be going in the freezer tonight.

You’d best get reading Lilly, I’ll be quizzing you at Japfest! :book:

Lillywotsername
13-05-2007, 05:56 PM
:rolleyes3 :scholar: Will Do..... And you catch up with Heroes as well:happy: :scholar:

Kieran
13-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I arrived home expecting to open the door to left over curry and empty beer cans everywhere; oh and no chocolate brownies left. I was pleasantly surprised to find the place tidy....

Good old Yellow Pages!:scholar:

Had a great time at Chez Mann last night, nice curry and good company. Good to see you Brunty, god knows how you got up at pre-stupid O'clock this morning though!! Blimey! :zzz:

Thanks also to Richy/Lilly and Steve (Wildcards) for their offers of accomodation too, it was appreciated and far preferable to spending the night in the Garage!

Alex
13-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Thank you all for a fab time. Within five minutes of arriving I'd completely forgotten why I was stressed - thank you all. :iloveyou:

Our pleasure Vicky - that's what friends are for /grouphug I think we were already for a good old fashioned girls night in - must do it more often :)

As for Harry Potter - yes you had better get reading Lilly - then Vicky and I can compare theories without risking having our heads knocked together /pan

Cleaning Lady
13-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I arrived home expecting to open the door to left over curry and empty beer cans everywhere; oh and no chocolate brownies left.

As expected I got back to find my jeans still on the line in the rain, washer still full of washing and pots everywhere except in the dishwasher!!! Needless to say the first thing I didn't do when I got back was sit down with a coffee...

Steve says he wasn't expecting me back so early..ha ha

But other than that a great weekend had, thankyoyu Alex and K for the accomadation, thanks to vicky for the lift most the way back and lilly for boosting my confidence and offer of lift. Thankyou all for the wonderful company.

I also will be ready Harry Potter once Time travellers wife finished. Looking forward to next weekend all the more now, although not looking forward to stupid O'clock start on my day off. Boo Hoo:happy:

Crickle
14-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Now the question is, when is the next one and where?

WildCards
14-05-2007, 09:44 AM
As expected I got back to find my jeans still on the line in the rain, washer still full of washing and pots everywhere except in the dishwasher!!! Needless to say the first thing I didn't do when I got back was sit down with a coffee...

I think we all know that's a load of bollox don't we, there were some pots in the dishwasher, a couple of spoons etc

Alex
14-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Now the question is, when is the next one and where?

Jap Fest could be a good time to start plotting :)

Crickle
14-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Jap Fest could be a good time to start plotting :)

Muhahaha! Another great evil plan begins!/Devil5 >| :evil2: :runkest: