PDA

View Full Version : A New Zealand reccy mission

tig202
05-01-2007, 12:53 AM
Hey guys, (:pimp2: to those who remember me and a big hey to those who dont:afro: )

We are planning on popping over to do a reccy mission on the Bay of Plenty, ie; places to live, schools etc. in the next few months.

Has anyone any usefull info on that area in NZ? We are looking at Bethlehem but any usefull info around that area will be sweet:smoking:

We will only have a few days to try and find a nice area to live in and any kiwi help will defo be of use:happy:

Might see you soon for a jar!

Steve

bradc
05-01-2007, 01:14 AM
I know who you are, but only because Glenn at Gary Capper told me :)

I don't know anything about the area at all, but if you need a place to stay, we have a placein Karaka with enough room for another VR-4 owner :D

Kieran
05-01-2007, 01:43 AM
You like Shrewsbury that much, eh Steve?! /lol

tig202
06-01-2007, 12:48 AM
I know who you are, but only because Glenn at Gary Capper told me :)

I don't know anything about the area at all, but if you need a place to stay, we have a placein Karaka with enough room for another VR-4 owner :D

Thanks so much 4 the offer brad, we have to stop in Puke to visit m8s and also pick up my work reference, fancy one down doc begs?

tig202
06-01-2007, 12:49 AM
You like Shrewsbury that much, eh Steve?! /lol

Nice town bro, nice people but when its time to go back to the land of plentyfull jap imports.... :afro:

Kieran
06-01-2007, 01:41 AM
.....when its time to go back to the land of plentyfull jap imports.... :afro:

/Hissy /Hissy

Waaaah! No Fair! Me want to play too!

bradc
06-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Cool, just let me know when and stuff. Got a white VR-4 wagon you could borrow too if you need a car. It's got a girls 'box though :(

Lucas
06-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Bethleham as in Tauranga? If so I know the place vaguely, lived in Tauranga for about a year (4 years ago) Nice place but while I was there it was known as $10 Tauranga as jobs didn't seem to pay bugger all no matter what you did. Could well be different by now as it is expanding quite rapidly. There's Papamoa which is just past Mt Maunganui and before Te Puke. Papamoa has grown heaps lately and is full of modern houses not to mention being really close to a nice beach. The beach at Mt Maunganui still rocks though! Loads of hotties! :pimp2:

IMO Rotorua is only good if you're a tourist (no offence to anyone from there)

Used to live in Whakatane which is a nice town which is also growing however I usually find myself getting a little bored down there now that I live in Auckland. The beach over the hill at Ohope is nice and both Tauranga and Rotorua are about an hours drive. That's most of what I know about they Bay.... Hope it helps. (probably can't be too helpful if you're wanting to know housing costs etc though, could try the net for that)

tig202
08-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Top info there Lucas, got some places to research now:scholar:
Brad, that is a very generous off there, one I might have to take up with you:iloveyou:
I spent all the weekend pricing up flights etc and then had a bombshell droppped today at work, seems we are being bought out by a big company so all our jobs might have to be re-applied for/Grrr This might put our trip in peril for the 2 of us, might be just myself coming over.

Xeroid
08-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Tauranga, nice spot, if I had to leave Auckland it would be well up on my preferred options list.
Good beaches, restaurants, shops, nice climate, plenty of housing options.
Bethlehem, about 10-15 mins out from Tauranga, traffic dependent, Mills Reef Winery just up the road, sorta life style area now, getting a bit expensive.
handy to Aucks, Rotorua, Taupo, Coromandel.
Can't comment on jobs situation specifically but it seems a very prosperous
city, plenty going on, lots of small businesses which is a good indicator.

Good choice I'd say.

tig202
08-01-2007, 11:54 PM
A winery up the road you say?:thinking: I think the wife would enjoy that!!
I only visited Tauranga the once but was very impressed with what I saw:2thumbsup It is good to hear all views on it guys, we really appreciate the comments:chugchug:

Xeroid
12-01-2007, 04:16 AM
A couple in fact, Mills Reef is in Bethlehem, Moretons is up the road at Katikati, about 15 mins away.
There's probably a few smaller vineyards within an hour or so, Wishart down in Taupo, then Napier is about 4 hours with about 50 +, Gisborne for whites, about 4 hours ( different road ).

You can see how we navigate our way around the country can't you ...? /drinkswine

Xeroid
12-01-2007, 04:24 AM
For wife information ... good schools, hospitals and shopping centres just down n Tauranga, fresh veges everywhere.
Lot of service, sports clubs etc

Tauranga Car Club does a good Novice Rally event about March I think, in the Kaimai Hills about 15 mins away. Did pix there early last year.

Lotsa big beaches over Mt Maunganui, Papamoa way, sailing clubs, boat clubs, some nice inner beaches for kids as well. They use the inner harbour up Welcome Bay a lot for safe water sports.

As I said, I'd happily live down there.