PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioning Alloys

sanct
06-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone offer an opinion on getting my face lift 5 spokes reconditioned?
An idea of cost and good place to go would be really appreciated.
Like the look of the standard (facelift) alloys.
Mine are in fairly good condition appart from the inevitable old balancing weight corrosion points.

Thanks in advance
:thinking:

Nick Mann
06-01-2007, 12:58 PM
quadal has been down that road. He's not online often, but I'm sure he will share his experience if you PM him.

sanct
06-01-2007, 01:07 PM
quadal has been down that road. He's not online often, but I'm sure he will share his experience if you PM him.

Cheers Nick
and thanks for answering both my posts
lol
you can tell its a rainy day in the UK!!

Brunty
06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
A neighbour had his heavily corroded Merc alloys done (17 or 18" I think) at a place called lap-tab in Birmingham.

IIRC - he left the car with them and it cost about £40 each (I think there was an offer on at the time). Further discounts available if they didn't have to remove the wheels from the car, and the tyres from the wheels.

They did a cracking job.

sanct
06-01-2007, 01:53 PM
A neighbour had his heavily corroded Merc alloys done (17 or 18" I think) at a place called lap-tab in Birmingham.

IIRC - he left the car with them and it cost about £40 each (I think there was an offer on at the time). Further discounts available if they didn't have to remove the wheels from the car, and the tyres from the wheels.

They did a cracking job.

I suppose its just a case of weighing up time/money/hassle
Might try and find a place that can recondition and fit new tyres get the whole shebang done at once ...

White Lightning
06-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I think you are typically looking at around £50 per wheel. I've got a set of wheels that I am going to get done over the next few weeks and have already got a place in mind but that's local to me.

stuartturbo
06-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Lepsons is in Rochester
Really good by all accounts

Physician
06-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree with Brunty ........ have also had good reports about Lap-Tab in Birmingham.

Have a look: HERE (http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php)

bradc
06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
When I got my Wedsport TC-005 wheels they were white and curbed slightly as well. I took them to a normal car paint place and asked them to paint it 1990 Nissan GT-R metallic grey, as well as take all of the chips out. They did it for $100 per wheel, which I thought was quite good.

It might be worth a shot going to a panel and paint place. I quite like the look of them on quadal's car, he has the coloured darker than usual and they look great.