PDA

View Full Version : door issues

pitslayer
06-01-2007, 10:16 PM
can anyone help me please ive got a few issues regarding two doors. one the drivers front door. when i open it from the inside the handle sticks, what i mean is that, the handle works, but the arm that goes in the door from the handle to the lock, to pull the catch open. seems to be slipping. so how do i take the panel apart to sort it out? cheers
the second
apart from the rear doors sticking, someone knocked the door seal off......how the god damn hell to you get it back on and to stay on, its an absoulete arse, it just wont stay on and every time i open the door, it falls off. and the worst part is that most people i know dont give a ****, about other peoples property, so they just shut the door on the door seal, and when i mention they have done that, its like oh yeh i slam the door harder:inquisiti /pan /pan so how do i get it back on so that it stays on...
cheers

Paul Beazer
07-01-2007, 12:54 AM
You need to strip the door card off. To do this you need to remove the screw hidden underneath the plastic cover in the door closer recess firstly, but i cant remember from there on, sorry. Too late now.

You could try using some silicon sealant to hold the door rubber in place.

pitslayer
07-01-2007, 01:40 AM
i despise using silicone sealent lol

BraindG
07-01-2007, 12:03 PM
to resolve this you need to firstly understand how it fits together. Its going to be quite hard to explain, so you'll have to take a look yourself.

Basically, look at the rubber seal, you will be able to see a groove on the cabin side of it and also the outside. Now look on the door frame, stick your finger in there, you will again feel a groove. The groove on the rubber needs to sit under the door groove. To get it in place you need to sc=queeze the rubber so that it fits down into the door groove, and thus sits under the catching groove :thinking: im sure that doesnt make sense..
but, anyways.. get something flat, that wont puncture the rubber, say an extention to a rathchet or something and use this to in conjunction with a squeezing device to push the rubber into the groove on the door.

:thinking: it will be easier when you look at it, and understand how it fits together.

Nick Mann
07-01-2007, 02:48 PM
And for the door card thing, look here:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19476

pitslayer
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
to resolve this you need to firstly understand how it fits together. Its going to be quite hard to explain, so you'll have to take a look yourself.

Basically, look at the rubber seal, you will be able to see a groove on the cabin side of it and also the outside. Now look on the door frame, stick your finger in there, you will again feel a groove. The groove on the rubber needs to sit under the door groove. To get it in place you need to sc=queeze the rubber so that it fits down into the door groove, and thus sits under the catching groove :thinking: im sure that doesnt make sense..
but, anyways.. get something flat, that wont puncture the rubber, say an extention to a rathchet or something and use this to in conjunction with a squeezing device to push the rubber into the groove on the door.

:thinking: it will be easier when you look at it, and understand how it fits together.
lol no that makes perfect sense now i think about it lol

cheers all will read through the door bit tomorow thanks alot all