PDA

View Full Version : Crux kit for legnum

djb160
07-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Im wanting to get the front of the crux kit for my car. Does anyone know anything about them? Where's good to look for it (xtreme bodylines has it for $550) ? Im assuming it comes in some pooey unpainted colour? What will it cost to get it painted? could I put it on myself or is it better to get some one else to do it?

Nick Mann
07-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I know it's not helpful in NZ, but check out mr voodoo as he has a demo legnum with crux kit. He should be able to answer fitting and painting questions, but I doubt he will know costs in your part of the world.

bradc
07-01-2007, 06:42 PM
$550 is a good price. It will come in ugly grey :)

It probably is better to get a body shop to fit it and paint it for you.

Gly
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
you can get the front off trademe for $380,

to lazy to find a link for ya :D

paint for a front bumper will be around $300, depends on colour and type (gloss/pearl/metallic)

extra for fitting if you cant do it yourself

djb160
10-01-2007, 12:21 AM
cool i found and have bought some stuff off trademe. Also grabbed a pair of fenders for the front. They did some mad ass conversion and theres only two pairs in the country. They're a F1 style with the vents on the sides, dont know if it'll do anything as far as cooling goes for our cars but it sure looks good. Anyone know if these vents will actually work or just look pretty?

djb160
10-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Heres a pic (hopefully)

mpau009
10-01-2007, 12:46 AM
might not be rare for too much longer, have a talk with SHOWVR he works for the same company, its been discussed here,

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20980&highlight=kit

Should make for a cool ride once you get them fitted though:2thumbsup

djb160
10-01-2007, 12:54 AM
They said they've given up converting any more coz of the pain in the arse factor. I hassled the crap out of them to make sure they'd fit, he said it took them ages to get them to fit correctly to JDM kit so they're not going to bother to make any more. Unless he's lying of course and just wanted me to feel special.

mpau009
10-01-2007, 01:03 AM
They said they've given up converting any more coz of the pain in the arse factor.

Ahh right, the fit is what had us worried, they should be really good then. Are you goin for crux all round? or just the front for now?

I'd be keen to see your pics once its all sorted, i know bradc's keen on those fenders as well, not sure if he ended up buying them or not

djb160
10-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Nah I still need to find some skirts and arse that I like better than the factory ones. Have there been any posts a more acurate search would throw up. I didn't find much. Ive decided to make my car pretty before I make it peform. I should really look at getting it lowered somewhat as my 19's look a bit funny on the front, not soo bad at the back. Whats my best bet for droppign it a bit, I want to keep my car the way it feels at the moment so I'd rather not fully replace my suspension. I'll attach some pics when I get them mounted/sprayed (if they fit anyway :) )

mpau009
10-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Have there been any posts a more acurate search would throw up.

Theres a few if you have a hunt around, but these are the most common

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20721&highlight=body+kit

and some have got kits from www.speedfactory.co.nz

Theres still not a huge selection to choose from outside of japan

Suspension you could go with new springs, but that can wear out the shocks quicker, i'd keep an eye out for second hand coilovers, shouldn't cost much more, and you'll know it will handle great

bradc
10-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah I'm keen to go with some of the fenders too. They won't help with cooling the engine at all, but they could be rigged up for brake cooling I guess.

djb160
10-01-2007, 07:11 AM
In that case they'll still look good.

BradC - do you want to see how I go mine before buying a set, Ive scouted some painters they reckon for the front and two sides in pearl white it'll cost about $600 - $700 + GST. Stupid flashy colours. Does this sound about right? They mentioned blending the doors. Are there other points to ask about or be aware of?

Gly
10-01-2007, 07:34 AM
sounds about right for a GOOD job, and if fittings included
(i was quoted $250 cash job to just paint my bumper in finesee green (dark grren pearl) no fading)

i did the fitting myself. its not that hard to do.

they blend becoz they wont get the match 100%,
(paint fades, and its very hard to match pearls)
basically just spraying a bit of extra new paint down the doors and fading the new to the old, so there isnt a clear colour change.

djb160
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
I think its because of the word "cyber" in my description of the front.

djb160
10-01-2007, 08:29 AM
They might get more than they bargain for with the fenders as they said they were a complete arse to mount well. It'll probably look a bit funny untill I get skirts for it and lowered. I had check in the sus forum but no ones mentioned comfort. I basically want it dropped a bit with the same comfort as the stock(?) ones Ive got. If it gives better performance aawesome, if not I couldn't care less at tis point. The whanau complains as it is you understand.

bradc
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah I may as well wait until you get yours, I'm not too fussed about when I get them.

djb160
10-01-2007, 08:46 AM
It gets here friday (suposedly) and Ill get it done hopefully on weekend if they willing else asap. Will it be okay if I just attach some pics to a post? (coz Im not a member)

Gly
10-01-2007, 08:52 AM
They might get more than they bargain for with the fenders as they said they were a complete arse to mount well.

yeh but then they'll just charge you more.

djb160
10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
I dont suppose anyone here in chch is willing to mount them. Otherwise Im at their mercy