PDA

View Full Version : Spare Parts Database Idea.... ?

Axeboy
07-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi All

Ive had this idea for a while but not said anything...

Basically, whats peoples opinion on a club parts pile?

A list of all the spare parts people have, that they dont need, that others can use?

I mean, I dont mind giving fellow club members parts, and various bits have left the axeboy castle recently... exhaust, battery clamp, lights etc etc..

I was hoping that people may be interested in starting a list of available parts, that members can have. I understand things that may be of value might hurt people too much :) but I really dont mind giving things to people who need them.

I have 4 spare turbos, calipers, springs, interior bits, batterys etc etc all that are in my shed and could be of use to someone.

Anyone see my point? I mean, I may need a new gearbox at some point and would expect one in return :)

A list, of parts people have that they dont need and are willing to let go??

C'mon, someone get it...... :thinking:

Nutter_John
07-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Good Idea Scott may take a bit of organising , but maybe Barry could set it up to be part of the classifieds etc , another option is a multi colour swap shop , what you have and what you need etc etc

WildCards
08-01-2007, 02:36 PM
I get what you mean Scott. I've got a shed load of Peugeot 205 parts at the minute if anyones interested, and about 17 or 18 standard fitment Peugeot 15" alloys

/lol

Wodjno
08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I get what you mean Scott. I've got a shed load of Peugeot 205 parts at the minute if anyones interested, and about 17 or 18 standard fitment Peugeot 15" alloys

/lol

Will they fit a 106 :scholar:

WildCards
08-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I've got 2 1.9 GTi alloys and 2 1.6 GTi alloys you can have, but they ain't pretty. Your 106 three stud or 4?

Axeboy
08-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Could we start a sticky thread with freebie bits for fellow club members?

WildCards
09-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Why don't you put an ad in the classified with FREE written on it?

Axeboy
09-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah.. could do, but not really my point.

Alex
13-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I've still not given up on the emergency kit idea. We've got a few bits together already. I'll get K to do a list of what we have in the box to date. I will keep bringing the kit to events - although it will only really come into it's own when we're starting to get a bigger collection of bits.

Basically, I think the 'swap shop' or whatever idea is an excellent one - but, if people have parts that are on their last legs so wouldn't be any good for trading, but would be good enough to get someone home, please think of the emergency kit.