PDA

View Full Version : wellington meet??

rayray24
09-01-2007, 05:29 AM
I want to sort out a meet in welly soon!! who's in? i'm sure there is more than 3 vr4's in this city!

Futera
09-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I would show up to gawk at the real legnums

I only just got a legnum, which is currently getting panel work cause some stupid woman drove into while i was in taupo over new years :@

Was so close to getting a VR4, but insurance just wouldn't do it for me, only 19 :(

d i c k i e s
09-01-2007, 09:57 PM
im down.. gotta be this weekend or the week after next (week after wellington anniversary as i will be away on holiday again.) yeeeha!

week after wellington anniversary sounds good! (plans are thrown up in the air though for me)

VR4 MAD
10-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Well I'm a starter............./rally

I have a suggestion for venue and time.:5shots:

For those in Wellington who read the 'NZ Performance Car' magazine, you should have noted that 'Speedtech' in Seaview (Lower Hutt) are holding a 'grand opening' day on Saturday 20th January. There's prizes, give aways etc etc.............(including dyno tuning time as prices too..........:2thumbsup )

Now I was going anyway, but let's have a Club VR4 get together there. There'll most likely be lots of Jap machinery there as well and if we can get a large group of VR4s there, well that would be really cool.:afro:

Dixon8 will mostly likely be a starter and both he and I know several VR4 owners who don't have access to the interweb, so with luck, we'll get them along too. I would expect them to jump at the chance to meet the rest of us.

What say you guys.....................:pimp2:

We could meet up somewhere else first and then all travel to Speedtech together......... and have a VR4 show of FORCE. :evilgrin:

Just a suggestion.....................:scholar:

/toycar

VR4 MAD
10-01-2007, 03:31 AM
im down.. gotta be this weekend or the week after next (week after wellington anniversary as i will be away on holiday again.) yeeeha!

week after wellington anniversary sounds good! (plans are thrown up in the air though for me)

BTW Dickies, you're not showing enough club spirit /pan ........... I too will be out of town that weekend (over in the Wairarapa)........but I'm driving all the way back so I don't miss this opportunity for a get together.:5shots:

Only joking, will be a shame if you can't make it if this idea floats.

Also coming back gives me a good excuse for a quick blast back and forward over 'The Hill'........:evilgrin:

:2thumbsup

d i c k i e s
10-01-2007, 06:18 AM
yeah i hope i can make it!
im headin up north for work (hamilton) and then over to gisborne on the east coast. gotta pick up my son whos staying with parents for holidays.

I really wanna be there.

hang on i think i maybe able to make it on the 20th will get back to you.

wheres rosco and robotnik? sure they will come! i maybe able to get a few more.

i can do this weekend.

djb160
10-01-2007, 07:15 AM
you lot should meet up else where and then go there en masse. very cool.

Futera
10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
haha, i wouldnt want to cramp the style all these VR4s roll up, with a ST in the middle of them all :thinking:

VR4 MAD
10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
haha, i wouldnt want to cramp the style all these VR4s roll up, with a ST in the middle of them all :thinking:

Hey man, you're more than welcome. Your heart was in the right place, just the insurance rip-off merchants stopped you. The more the merrier and many won't even notice the difference anyway.

Hope to see you there then?

:scholar:

rayray24
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Sweet!! sounds like there is a few keen people. The 20th you say? I sould be able to make it! We sould meet at the petone warehouse carpark then roll up at speedtech! That would be mean! Promo idea!

d i c k i e s
10-01-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah damn.. at the moment its on hold. have an answer by the end of the week to see if im definitely coming or not.

rayray24
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Well i'll be there for sure! I'm flying to the big day out now so can make it!! yeah! I wanted to fang up in the vr4 but this is for the best lol! So we sould agree on where and what time and we will be away chur!!

rayray24
12-01-2007, 03:33 AM
Well i'm going to set a time and place so if you want to meet there then sweet!

Petone warehopuse carpack over by briscoes, at 9.30am on the 20th of jan. Then off to speedtech and after that we can go criuze to over to a carpark around lyall bay if anyone is keen!

I want to get some photos and just see what other poeples legnums look like (and go like), plus how good would it be to see 10+ legnums cruzing around welly chur!

So i hope to see a few fat legnums on the 20th! I know your out there! I see vr4's everywhere in wellington!

P.s if anyone has any more ideas then throw it out there!

d i c k i e s
14-01-2007, 10:07 PM
ok im definitely not coming! dissapointed... but hey.

ill be at the next one no doubt!, should have em regulary. (once a month?)

VR4 MAD
14-01-2007, 10:34 PM
ok im definitely not coming! dissapointed... but hey.

ill be at the next one no doubt!, should have em regulary. (once a month?)

Sorry to hear that. Haven't heard from either Rosco_NZ or Robotnik123 who all came to the last meeting. Will PM them to get their a$es moving.

Dixon8 will be a starter and hopefully Dreddy can be contacted to get along too. Really would like to see his car in the flesh as it looks cool in the pics.

A regular meet would be a good idea, but not sure about monthly, could be a bit too often, maybe. :inquisiti Bi-monthly at a regular time, say third Saturday or something like that.

Cheers
Wynn

d i c k i e s
14-01-2007, 10:42 PM
yeah nah sounds all good. maybe cruise to places with a good scenery.

should i suggest when yous meet. to clean your car, both inside and out! hahaha.

Rosco_NZ
14-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Will PM them to get their a$es moving.

hey, yeah been away from computer over the holidays only back at work today were i can check the website....

sounds good you can count me in.

VR4 MAD
14-01-2007, 11:42 PM
hey, yeah been away from computer over the holidays only back at work today were i can check the website....

sounds good you can count me in.

He He, that got a reaction...........excellent to see you can make it. Look forward to catching up.

Keep watching this thread for any updates on time and place.

should i suggest when yous meet. to clean your car, both inside and out! hahaha.

Cheeky monkey.............you wait till we do get together at the next meet after this one......there better not be a spot on yours (car that is.......LOL)

/toycar

dixon8
15-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Dixon8 will be a starter

yeh, I,m a starter for this coming weekend.

see you all at the Petone warehouse carpack over by briscoes, at 9.30am on the 20th of jan.

even give my car a wash first maybe.

d i c k i e s
15-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Cheeky monkey.............you wait till we do get together at the next meet after this one......there better not be a spot on yours (car that is.......LOL)
/toycar

Yeah ill give it a proper wash next time i see you fullas! that was a quick 5min job last meet.

ohhh yeah look out for VR4 MADS parking. He parks far away from everyone! u might need a panoramic shot photo..... hahaha /Nuuu (dont forget the digis aswell, and plenty of pictures too!)

Refer to old welli thread.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19074&highlight=wellington

rayray24
15-01-2007, 09:52 AM
sweet!

rayray24
15-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Sweet!!! /rally

CANDEE
15-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I might come along for a squiz and put some names to faces.. :)

VR4 MAD
15-01-2007, 11:51 PM
I might come along for a squiz and put some names to faces.. :)

:2thumbsup Great............the more the merrier. See you there then.:pimp2:

/toycar

rayray24
16-01-2007, 11:41 AM
All good! So how many is that then? I was hoping for around 10! Spread the word to any other vr4 owners you may know! chur!

rayray24
18-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Bad news got a smashed windscreeen on the way to the big day out so stuck here and can't make it! Sorry! peace out!

Rosco_NZ
19-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Dam that sucks! hope you still enjoyed the big day out and it didn't ruin your day. (in other words i hope your insurance policy includes the free windscreen options). :-)

Futera
19-01-2007, 01:30 PM
If im awake tomorrow before 10 i will turn up, might have a look see at speedtech even if i dont see you guys.

Rosco_NZ
19-01-2007, 08:37 PM
ooo 1:30am i'd say you would struggle to be awake on time /pan

well im up, so will see you guys down at the pentone wuddy about half9 then

rayray24
21-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Yeah i did but no where in auckland could fix it on friday so had to wait until sat!!! i was gutted! at least the big day out was wicked! Anyway seening i was the one that started this thread i feel bad for not making it Soooo sould we start having monthly meets? or 2 monthly maybe? This time i will make sure i make it!!!!

d i c k i e s
22-01-2007, 07:38 AM
im down for the next one this time... had a good trip from the east coast. damn the leggie is awesome! does me well.

d i c k i e s
23-01-2007, 10:42 AM
so any photos?

VR4 MAD
23-01-2007, 10:11 PM
so any photos?

Yep................coming......................soo n. /pan :inquisiti

Watch this space.
/toycar

VR4 MAD
24-01-2007, 01:27 AM
OK here's a rather poor (and small) selection of pics from our little get together on the 20th for the 'SpeedTech' offical opening.

Sorry Futera, you'd gone by the time I got out to get a couple of pics. Next time mate. Pleased you got along though.

Cars are: mine (VR4 MAD), Rosco_NZ and Dixon8

Reverse of above......doh

And a sample of some of the cars on display inside. That's the 1000BHP GTR Skyline thats been on TV before. Sorry didn't take a pic of the worlds second fastest Galant over the quarter mile, an old school EVO 6G model. It was doing dyno demos through out the day and was getting about 540kW at the wheels IIRC. And sounded really really cool too.........

For those in Aucks, it's appearing at Meremere this coming weekend to try to gain the top stop for Galants. BTW the fastest Galant currently is in Puerto Rico of all places /pan

Also spotted outside just as I was leaving was the black 'monsta' we've had pics of during its' build. The owner was telling me it's going to do the Auto Salon circuit.

Anyway enjoy..................

:pimp2:

dixon8
24-01-2007, 01:34 AM
All good! So how many is that then? I was hoping for around 10! Spread the word to any other vr4 owners you may know! chur!

TURN OUT WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTING:sad3:

COULD HAVE HAD A FEW MORE FRONT UP TO THE MEET.

MAYBE NEXT TIME, PASS THE WORD AROUND AND HOPEFULLY WE MAY GET A FEW MORE TURN UP.

ShadyNZer
24-01-2007, 04:45 AM
holy sh!t that black galant is crazy...mos def something new to look at....

d i c k i e s
24-01-2007, 08:57 AM
dat looks mean! the black galant... im def goin to next meet ill pull some VRs along too!

d i c k i e s
24-01-2007, 09:03 AM
did u get him to sign up? to the forums... maybe we will get to see mor of him around!

rayray24
24-01-2007, 09:34 AM
"TURN OUT WAS A BIT DISAPPOINTING

COULD HAVE HAD A FEW MORE FRONT UP TO THE MEET."

Which is so true i so sould of been there! So where & when sould we try again ( dare i say lol) i'm thinking mt vic on sat afternoon? Yes/no?

Rosco_NZ
24-01-2007, 09:45 AM
AHh! The mrs's had a run in with one of those concrete blocks in the parking lot today.... cracked the front lower lip clean thru.... :bigcry: hopefully i can hot glue it or something as its quite a clean crack and it will be ok:thinking: , but man im glad she told me while i was at work so i had time to calm down.:rifle:

Rosco_NZ
24-01-2007, 09:46 AM
might be a good excuse to move the numberplate onto the lower lip (to hide the crack...)

d i c k i e s
24-01-2007, 10:45 AM
ohhhh nah.. took me awhile to get over my one! its still there... im saving it for when i have enough funds to paint the car. save me getting it done and painted and then painted to its new colour. The mrs wants to fix it, which is fair enuff... but i told her nah i want to paint it first.

im free this weekend! maybe too short notice tho? i cant do next weekend if ur were wanting to do it then. ohhh i can. but ill be tired as hell tho... goin up to hams (hamilton) next week back on friday night. i maybe able too tho. just hope i aint tired!... hahaha.

d i c k i e s
24-01-2007, 10:45 AM
might be a good excuse to move the numberplate onto the lower lip (to hide the crack...)

good thinkin batman!

CANDEE
24-01-2007, 11:54 PM
AHh! The mrs's had a run in with one of those concrete blocks in the parking lot today.... cracked the front lower lip clean thru.... :bigcry: hopefully i can hot glue it or something as its quite a clean crack and it will be ok:thinking: , but man im glad she told me while i was at work so i had time to calm down.:rifle:

Thats not good at all dude.. :( Hopefully you can fix it easily... :)

Sorry i didnt make it.. I had a boost leak that took all weekend to find.. :(

VR4 MAD
25-01-2007, 01:05 AM
did u get him to sign up? to the forums... maybe we will get to see mor of him around!

I tried...........I did ask and we've left club details for him at the panel shop where the body work was done in the past.

He said he's visited the forums to have a look around but he's not a 'club' kind of guy I think. Just wants to go and do his own thing. But he did say that he'll keep visiting the site, so who knows, maybe he'll join at some future time.

Also he said that the mods to his car (excluding the actual car purchase), have cost him way over $15,000.........so far. :speechles

Bought the car, 1st June last year and the car went into the panel shop on the 2nd and he didn't get it back till just a bit before Christmas. /JawDroppi

Not sure I could be without my VR4 for that long, though Bradc probably can relate to that time frame /STP .....................and Kieran too. /pan

So where & when sould we try again ( dare i say lol) i'm thinking mt vic on sat afternoon? Yes/no?

Well I'd be keen enough........any excuse to get the car out for a run :speechles

Not sure about a regular meeting though. If the interval between is to short people will run out of ideas of things to do and places to go and thus stop coming. Better to have less meetings than too many...........what say everyone else?
/toycar

SIGGS8
25-01-2007, 02:03 AM
hi guys new to the club and would be keen to come for a cruise this weekend been trying to get in on one for a while so i can meet a few of you.

d i c k i e s
25-01-2007, 02:10 AM
yeah im keen for this weekend!

rayray24
25-01-2007, 09:17 AM
well i'm golng, so see you's there! But vr4 mad is right thou there isn't that much to do here aye! There is a open day at manfeild in april! /rally

d i c k i e s
25-01-2007, 09:55 AM
wea we meeting?

VR4 MAD
26-01-2007, 12:26 AM
i'm thinking mt vic on sat afternoon? Yes/no?

OK then, the weather forecast isn't that good for Saturday but is going to improve so lets say we meet 2pm at the top carpark on Mt Vic (where we met for last years little get together).

Dixon8 can't make Saturday but could make a Sunday meet if that was when we got together.

How are others placed for either day? We should meet on the day the most people can get there. I'm good for either day, but not too early on Sunday though. Mid afternoon is good.

But vr4 mad is right thou there isn't that much to do here aye! There is a open day at manfeild in april!

Well we discussed going up to the 'Import All Stars' drag meet at Taupo on Feb 17th at last weekends SpeedTech get together.
Here's a LINK (http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2007/feb/taupo/new-zealand-performance-car-magazine-import-all-stars.html) to more info on the event.

This seemed a good idea cause we could meet a group of our Aucks members if they came down. A sort of mid-island meeting.

I haven't posted this idea to them yet cause the Auckland guys have a 'workshop' day on the 18th. Not sure if they would want to do two things in one weekend, though they could re-schedule the workshop day I suppose.

Just an idea.

Any other ideas or suggestions.....................:inquisiti

d i c k i e s
26-01-2007, 02:05 AM
dont mind sunday.. more people out on a saturday tho. im down for whateva.

SIGGS8
26-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Keen for saturday as ive got work sunday night

VR4 MAD
26-01-2007, 03:02 AM
OK, 3 for Saturday so far then.

Candee, rayray24, Rosco_NZ, Futera..........is Saturday about 2pm, top carpark on Mt Vic OK?

If the weathers really sh**ty (ie raining and windy) then I'll most likely not go, If I know I'm not going with enough time, I'll post here before say 1pm to say so. So check here before leaving to go if the weathers 'iffy'.

Cool?

/toycar

d i c k i e s
26-01-2007, 03:18 AM
you can text me on 021 186 0987, ill prolly check here anyway b4 goin out... time is good, ill prolly get up just b4 then anyway! hahaha...

rayray24
26-01-2007, 04:28 AM
OK, 3 for Saturday so far then.

If the weathers really sh**ty (ie raining and windy) then I'll most likely not go, If I know I'm not going with enough time, I'll post here before say 1pm to say so. So check here before leaving to go if the weathers 'iffy'.

I'm in for sat! just cleaned the beast! Hope it's not raining /Grrr

d i c k i e s
26-01-2007, 10:45 AM
weather forcast not lookin too good at the moment. drizzles at the moment out these ways! cloudy spots tomorrrow! hmmmm!

Rosco_NZ
26-01-2007, 07:28 PM
i can't make saturday at 2pm. Mrs is borrowed the car to go to work till 3pm so yeah wouldn't be able to make it till like 4 if at all.

maybe sunday.

d i c k i e s
26-01-2007, 10:42 PM
more the better, i still havent even washed my car yet!
today seems alright for a cruise tho... not raining yet.

rayray24
26-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I'll go at 2 but will only hang around til 3ish if nobody else turns up then i'm out, it will have to
be the drags next time we meet! chur!

VR4 MAD
27-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Right then.......weather in the Hutt is OK, though overcast. Hasn't rained for ages so I heading into town to the meet soonish. See who turns up.

:pimp2:

d i c k i e s
27-01-2007, 12:52 AM
yup.. will be goin soon. give the car a quick wash... wont clean interior!

d i c k i e s
27-01-2007, 12:55 AM
anyone got a cell # so i can text ya..

VR4 MAD
30-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Just posting these few pics from our second mini meet of the year. These are the guys who couldn't, for one reason or another, make it to last weekends meet at the Speedtech opening.

Note the great fine day......again.

From left to right - dickies, rayray24, me (VR4 MAD), and SIGGS8

(note how far away dickies parked from everyone............../pan )

The crew druelling over rayray24's engine pipework

See what happens when you park too far away dickies.....you don't get in the photo

Chilling in the sun.....................:5shots:

SIGGS8 ice cool looking leggie..........:afro:

Rayrays car............watch out as the granny squeezes in between dickies and rayrays cars:inquisiti in the carpark/pan

Rayrays engine up close................nice pipework by GReddy plus Cusco coilovers too...............ummmmm:pimp2:

Dickies, don't forget to put up the pics your son(?) took. You know he's fast turning into the CVR4 (Welly) official photographer...........c'mon then where are they............../Grrr

Cheers to all those that made the effort to turn up.

Next get together, Taupo drags on the 17th Feb.....keep that date free.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
30-01-2007, 03:30 AM
will get them up this weekend. im currently away from my pc. was a lil confused bout the grannys parking in between!

Ohhh yeah ray (ryan?) my girlfriend remembers you.. she knows you as blue shirt. (yes yes, she was at the warehouse) :inquisiti going aorund doin up all the warehouses around NZ. she remebers you talkin to her about VR4s and she was saying you had a silver one? :thinking: so yeah... thought id throw that in there....

VR4 MAD
30-01-2007, 03:45 AM
was a lil confused bout the grannys parking in between!

See the second to bottom pic.........the nose of a little white car can just be seen between your car and rayray24's.

im currently away from my pc.

Now I'm confused, how can you be posting here if your away from your PC :speechles

PS You have PM.

mpau009
30-01-2007, 06:51 AM
More great pics from the 04:2thumbsup I really like the look of that hard pipe kit, where, when and how much?:afro: or did it come with the car?

VR4 MAD
30-01-2007, 08:23 AM
More great pics from the 04:2thumbsup I really like the look of that hard pipe kit, where, when and how much?:afro: or did it come with the car?

IIRC came with the car.......along with quite a list of goodies. Has after market exhaust including downpipes, three layer radiator and 1.3 bar radiator cap, can't remember the brand of intercooler, maybe blitz? Blitz boost controller too. Plus it's a manual. /Grrr

It's his second VR4. Like me he had a pre-facelift silver one before upgrading to the better looking facelift version ........./STP

/toycar

rayray24
30-01-2007, 08:38 AM
yeah the porirua store aye? I did have a 1996 vr4 sold it on for a manual oohh yeah! Must say it was good to meet all you guys! I'm in for the drags sould be a good day(And the i/c is greddy by the way!) I liked the side mirrors on dickies vr4 tho, nice!!

bradc
30-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Rayray, your car is really nice, what size are those mags?

rayray24
31-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks brad !Only 17's man but the profile of the tires is 50!!

bradc
31-01-2007, 08:31 AM
How wide are they?

rayray24
31-01-2007, 08:37 AM
215! The profile fills the gaurds in and gives me a better ride! You sould came to the drags next month in taupo, i want to see your vr4 up close!

bradc
31-01-2007, 08:48 AM
I don't have the purple one at the moment, only the white one. If I get the purple one back then I will definately be driving all over the place :)

rayray24
31-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Did you break it?

bradc
31-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Nope, it's getting the ecu tuned and stuff like that. Haven't driven it since February....

rayray24
31-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Aye!! Bugger that:speechles but i guess it will be worth it in the end!! My next misson is to move the batt to the boot! How much did it cost you??

bradc
31-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Dunno, I just told them to do it, and it was part of the deal. The batteries that I got are expensive, I wanted to have two, one for the ice+lights and one for the starter motor so I can always start the car when I've been watching dvd's and stuff. I also wanted light weight batteries, and they needed to be laid down in the wheel well. I think they were like $200 each or something, plus all the cabling + fuse, etc.

d i c k i e s
02-02-2007, 03:07 AM
yeah the porirua store aye? I did have a 1996 vr4 sold it on for a manual oohh yeah! Must say it was good to meet all you guys! I'm in for the drags sould be a good day(And the i/c is greddy by the way!) I liked the side mirrors on dickies vr4 tho, nice!!

yeah bro, thats the one!

d i c k i e s
02-02-2007, 03:12 AM
See the second to bottom pic.........the nose of a little white car can just be seen between your car and rayray24's.

i was confused as to why they parked right in between us? plenty of space elsewhere. lol....

Now I'm confused, how can you be posting here if your away from your PC :speechles

i was using another pc, not my home one... ive been away from welli for a few days. but i have returned, got back this morning from hamilton. and guess what? i saw no VR4's - NONE!

rayray24
02-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I know !! Didn't see any on my way to auks! Get there and see heaps!

d i c k i e s
02-02-2007, 10:34 AM
i saw galants and legnums just not VR4's. most were STR

rayray24
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
You coming to the drags bro? Do you want to catch a ride cuz???!

d i c k i e s
03-02-2007, 12:28 AM
nah i got my car... want to know whos all going.