PDA

View Full Version : Performance Upgrade

vikvallabh82
09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
/help /help /help /help /help /help /help /help /help /help
Hello everyone!
I have had my V6 24 Valave Galant for 3 months now; and i have to say the performance and reliability is excellent. But I want more Power!!! I know the forums are read often by lots of people, with a lot of different experience, so i am basically appealling to people for ideas to increase the performance/ power on a budget.
Any help would be appreciated .
Cheers every1
/help /help /help /help /help /help /help /help /help /help

bernmc
09-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Have you tried that wonderful forum tool search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search....?

Spirit
09-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey, welcome to CVR4 :2thumbsup

What sort of budget you playing with ?

On a side note, got to ask.......what does your username mean.......? :happy:

Wodjno
09-01-2007, 10:19 AM
The most cost effective power increase is to swap it for a VR4 /toycar

vikvallabh82
09-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Spirit: Im looking to play with around 200-300 pounds; As with the Handle, Its made up from my name (Vikash Vallabh) and the year i was born (1982)

vikvallabh82
09-01-2007, 10:39 AM
The most cost effective power increase is to swap it for a VR4 /toycar

I wish, I can't seem to find a decent one, plus that involves my insurance going through the roof.

mattpage
09-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I think for your budget I'd be looking at getting a ECU remap. It might be a bit more than £300 but will give a better result than spending the money on an induction kit or exhaust etc.

Kieran
09-01-2007, 11:30 AM
My old V6 Sport, and Iboots V6 responded very well to Exhaust + Decat and a panel filter in the standard airbox (or an induction kit if you like). My RSM recorded around 180ish bhp in this config, and managed a 16.2 sec standing 1/4 mile - not bad at all I thouhgt. Ian's car has been Dynoed at 182 (I think) bhp, with a beautifully smooth torque curve.

Other than that, as Bern says - Search the forums as there is a lot of information already there.

Throbbe
09-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I wish, I can't seem to find a decent one, plus that involves my insurance going through the roof.

Without wishing to sound like an old git, you should really be declaring any mods to your insurance company, which will bump up your premium too. I know lots of people don't, and most don't get caught, but you really don't want your insurance company invalidating your insurance when you need to make a claim.