PDA

View Full Version : Product Release announcement for WRD Motorsport

wrdmotorsport
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25779

WRD are closed..........

We at WRD MOTORSPORT are please to announce that over the next 4 months WRD will be releasing some new and exciting products , below you will find a brief overview of the items . All parts will be dyno proven before they are released.

1) Custom designed 3 inch downpipes , full quality stainless steel from the turbo to the cat
2) Aluminum 2.5" Turbo hard pipes , from Turbo to the front cooler ( either standard IC or Upgraded ) , 2.5" from the IC to the TB with special mounting to prevent blow off under boost
3) 600x300x72 Aluminum inter cooler Kit as a replacement for the stock set up
4) Custom designed Inlet manifold which allow better air flow, and better access to rear bank, this will also allow more air to flow around rear bank and reduce over heating.
5) Battery relocation kit.
6) Cold air box.
7) Also a shop for you to buy it all from.

Also later in the year we should be bringing out an exchange program for engines with uprated internals plus a turbo upgrade up to 200bhp per turbo.

watch this space.

BraindG
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
wwoooowooo!/rally :iloveyou:

Kieran
10-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Hello! /Wave

If you would like a guinea pig car, or something to reference (as I already have some of these upgrades), give me a shout.:2thumbsup

wrdmotorsport
10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Hello! /Wave

If you would like a guinea pig car, or something to reference (as I already have some of these upgrades), give me a shout.:2thumbsup
:2thumbsup thanks K but we should be ok but if we do need it ill shout mate /toycar

Kieran
10-01-2007, 12:50 PM
:2thumbsup thanks K but we should be ok but if we do need it ill shout mate /toycar

:2thumbsup Sure thing!

Axeboy
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Cant wait...

Gimme gimme gimme

stuartturbo
10-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Everything bar number three please
as im looking at all of that LOL

Nutter_John
10-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey Guys good news

Can i please order the following options 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Oh and if you do it can i also have 11 :D

Can't wait

Paul Beazer
10-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Any V6 NA related products, or is it still toe in the water time?

Oh and good luck, i hope you get a good take up on this stuff.

Physician
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Great news Rich ..........now we can all start turning our slow VR4's into something a little faster :evilgrin: /rally

WildCards
10-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Knock me down with a feather... DOWNPIPES!

Axeboy
10-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Id say downpipes should be the first sale

I have had mine done, but i reckon this should be top of the list for the rest of you... in my experience the noise is the best bit :)

White Lightning
10-01-2007, 05:21 PM
/haz

Great news about the new products Rich :thumbsup:

Brunty
10-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh yeah!

/Hijack sorry.

Great news on the products Rich hope it proves to be very lucrative for all involved. Well Done.

Spirit
10-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Great news Rich :2thumbsup

richy rich
10-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Everything bar number three please
as im looking at all of that LOL
are you sure stue it is at a very very good price.

stuartturbo
10-01-2007, 08:20 PM
are you sure stue it is at a very very good price.
If its better than the trust/greddy kit:inquisiti (hard piping also) one i got.
Maybe:thinking:

But then i wont be able to sell mine for loads as every one will want yours LOL

May even take a trip up yours to fit it all dont fancy doing the downpipes on the road.
That decat no one would touch it ( was a lazy moment could not be bothered to stand it up in the air)

HJM
10-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Will WRD be venturing into bits for other cars - you know the one I'm thinking of /pan

Their forums are a lot bigger and I would say a lot more lucrative per head :thinking:

Strut braces would be a good area :2thumbsup

H

stuartturbo
10-01-2007, 08:34 PM
and if you had space for a mill I know of one CNC and 3 phase unfortunately

Nutter_John
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Will WRD be venturing into bits for other cars - you know the one I'm thinking of /pan

Their forums are a lot bigger and I would say a lot more lucrative per head :thinking:

H

Let me wonder what car you could on about , hmm would it be a Skyline by any chance , no wait it's a Skoda you want em for , hmm i no it begins with S

AH yes a Supra :D

richy rich
11-01-2007, 09:35 AM
and if you had space for a mill I know of one CNC and 3 phase unfortunately
we are getting a mill, not cnc.

we dont have 3 phase so no good for us at the mo but later in the year we may be moving.

richy rich
11-01-2007, 09:37 AM

H
yes H we will be looking into other cars we will need to have a sample of each car for a week or so are you going to give me yours for that./rally /rally /rally /toycar /toycar /toycar

HJM
11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
yes H we will be looking into other cars we will need to have a sample of each car for a week or so are you going to give me yours for that./rally /rally /rally /toycar /toycar /toycar

I think you will find our hire car rates are *fairly* reasonable :laugh:

J :)

richy rich
11-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I think you will find our hire car rates are *fairly* reasonable :laugh:

J :)
yes free is very good/toycar :book:

djb160
11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
sounds awesome, gives me something to aspire to. Well when I get my hands on some serious money, speaking of which, how would someone with more cash than me get hold of these products over here?

Kieran
11-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey guys - seeing as this thread is more groud breaking than most, I've pruned some of the /Hijack posts out (mostly those relating to my bits /Help) so it's easier to see the more relevant thoughts & questions, etc.

Hope that's okay with everyone!:happy:

stuartturbo
11-01-2007, 01:38 PM
we are getting a mill, not cnc.

we dont have 3 phase so no good for us at the mo but later in the year we may be moving.

If it's still here when we close in april end will let you know
Any tooling wanted ?? let us know i will see if we have it and you can have it

Lillywotsername
11-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey guys - seeing as this thread is more groud breaking than most, I've pruned some of the /Hijack posts out (mostly those relating to my bits /Help) so it's easier to see the more relevant thoughts & questions, etc.

Hope that's okay with everyone!:happy:
Thanks K.... Don't think Rich was bothered about the /Hijack , but it does make it easier for all to read.

Davezj
11-01-2007, 02:45 PM
you can set youself a small 3 phase generator for not much money.

If you can find a 3 phase motor at the right current rating. Bankrupt stock or plant machinery auctions. singleton run these auctions all the time.

I looked in to this as i was offered a 3 phase TIG welder but it drew too much current to make it viable, but a millimg machine should be no bother. I think i still have the plans/instuctions some where, if you are interested. Electonics/electrical is my game.

Dave

bradc
11-01-2007, 07:05 PM
For the intake manifold, are you going to enlarge the throttle body or have 2 throttle bodies? That would be something I'm interested in, along with forged cylinders and rods.

wrdmotorsport
11-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Brad the plenum will be double ended, :afro: the TB bore is where the restriction is so unless we can make/get new TB no need to go bigger, having said that the bore will be slightly bigger polished and less restriction.

bradc
12-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah go for a 70mm or 75mm TB, otherwise I'll stick with my intended setup of a pair of 55mm units.

wrdmotorsport
12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
will look in to that for you brad

The Vee
22-01-2007, 09:24 AM
there are indeed some exiting products there:2thumbsup
Now just hurry up and release them!!

wrdmotorsport
22-01-2007, 09:26 AM
working hard at it andy you will see movements very soon

The Vee
22-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Nice one. I have some very soft turbo pipes at the mo, so that'll be my first shout

Dan_G
22-01-2007, 08:54 PM
ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh......

me me. :)

downpipes downpipes.....need need... will they have a flexi section in them for the engine movement? or is that a dumb question?/pan

and uprated internals you say? Do I av to rip my engine out and swap it?... i'd much prefer to give you money and get some con rods and pistons to fit at ma leesure.... :afro:

lurvley... keep us all posted... and chop chop... :D

wrdmotorsport
23-01-2007, 10:37 AM
ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh......

me me. :)

downpipes downpipes.....need need... will they have a flexi section in them for the engine movement? or is that a dumb question?/pan

and uprated internals you say? Do I av to rip my engine out and swap it?... i'd much prefer to give you money and get some con rods and pistons to fit at ma leesure.... :afro:

lurvley... keep us all posted... and chop chop... :D
the down pipes have 2 flexys in them 1 between turbos and 1 before cat.

as for internals we can sell you a set no prob.

wrdmotorsport
23-01-2007, 10:54 AM
just for you to feast your eyes on 1 flexy and 1 90deg

BraindG
23-01-2007, 11:06 AM
/Grabs-the-tissues.:pimp2:

Kieran
23-01-2007, 12:13 PM

HUBBA HUBBA!!

Get on with it! Get more pipes made up! Faster! Faster!/whip

colVR4
23-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Any idea on pricing for the hard pipes yet?

triniVr4
01-02-2007, 06:48 AM
daaam.......

Dan_G
01-02-2007, 11:15 AM
the down pipes have 2 flexys in them 1 between turbos and 1 before cat.

as for internals we can sell you a set no prob.

how'd I miss this reply? :thinking:

sounds cool as bits... just keep us posted on availability, prices and stuff....

oh I do like a nice bit of stainless steel :D

good news is that the wallace dyno i ran on before says they will give me a free run when there new logging software(boost, afr's etc) is installed, so i could wait till i get the downpipe fitted and see what difference now i have my benchmark figures...

:afro: