PDA

View Full Version : Racer's

Big Ian
21-11-2003, 10:43 PM
i might not have a "VR-4" but i alway's seam to end up show'in some younger than me RACER that my car has been played with and has got a bit more power than most 2.0=4cyl out there!!! what about you guy's,do you find a nice quiet drive never is.:nono:

Brind
21-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by scottish ian
what about you guy's,do you find a nice quiet drive never is.:nono:

Can't say I'm ever really something people tend to want to race.
People simply don't know what it is and assume it's just a Galant with a spoiler.
I've been pushed twice and for some odd reason they have been rep mobile Mondeos..
One time I was simply cruising past loads of traffic at night and when I was about to turn off the motorway I notice some headlights appear from behind, the car was so close I didn't even bloody notice it! :rolleyes: shame really that I had to turn off.
Another was some twat screeming up on the inside thinking he was faster, the road was splitting up and the road I wanted was off to the far left so he tried to stop me from turning that direction :D shame really as the road is very tight and the camber is pretty ****e, shot past him while carving him up on purpose and shot to 125mph as if he was standing still and took the bend as if I was only doing 40mph. :D :cool:
Soon came up to some traffic and he came along side and put him thumbs up, I simply showed the *****r sign and looked the other way. :rolleyes:

zedy1
21-11-2003, 11:33 PM
i had a metro race me we were on a dual carriage way and he shot of but after a few seconds i just cruised past, lol i gave him a very good headstart :D

Kieran
22-11-2003, 12:01 AM
I don't get much trouble in the GLS and neither did I in the Accord Coupe I used to own. I actually got more trouble from other motorists in the Cinq and in my Rover 25... I think people give big, uncommon cars a bit more respect - whether or not they mean to is a different matter I guess:rolleyes:

Spirit
22-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Don't get much action down this way either - best I can recall was a Scooby WRX which blasted past me as I came onto the dual carriageway. I was not racing him deliberately but it was fun cruising past him INSERT INTO post VALUES (slightly over the limit:D ) - after that he just sat behind me for several miles as if he dared not to try to overtake :nono:

As Mark says, people have no idea what it is - in fact was talking this week to a guy who had a FTO Mivec and even he did not know what a VR4 was !

zedy1
22-11-2003, 01:02 AM
i get alot of that too asking whats a vr4 :D

tunes
22-11-2003, 02:29 AM
You guys would love driving NZ's roads then. Lots of VR4's, WRX's, V8 Holdens and Fords, V6 Turbo Fords etc etc... Every second man and his dog over here seems to own a car which they want to race against me. You tend to get quite sick of people always trying to push you.

enigma
22-11-2003, 09:22 AM
It was so hard when I was driving in New Zealand last year not to race people, I always lost fo some reason though................

zedy1
22-11-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by bigdaveakers
It was so hard when I was driving in New Zealand last year not to race people, I always lost fo some reason though................

:lolz:

Roadrunner
22-11-2003, 11:05 AM
I never race anyone for longer than it takes to leave them for dead at the lights :D On the open road, even repmobiles are good for 130-140mph these days which is way into the "rip your licence up and kiss goodbye to the VR-4" zone, so I don't do it. Maybe I'm just getting old ;) :biglaugh:

Big Ian
22-11-2003, 12:01 PM
what i've had the most are guy's with scooby sport'sINSERT INTO post VALUES (non turbo)made look like WRX trying to get past me but it's good fun just sitting in front with enough power to pull away when they cross the white line to try an take you!
:devil1: all in the name of fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Gssplaya
22-11-2003, 01:38 PM
haha speaking of people not knowing about VR-4's even back home in the Philippines almost nobody even the mitsi dealers knows that such a car ever existed.

Most people will just look at the car and say "ah ok its just a galant"...maybe exterior wise the only giveaway to something different is the huge ass EVO-type OEM spoiler my car has...its an OEM 7thgen VR-4 part from mitsu ok? not some clothes hanger bolted to the trunk :)

There are probaly only two situations in which my Galant ilicited a response:

1) when i have my wheels aligned at the mitsi dealer, the best experession they give me when they lift the car up and see the full AWD drivetrain on a "FWD model"
is---> :eek: and of course comes requisite the deludge of questions from the people hanging around the area :D

2) When some *****r on the road decided to pick on the galant. facial expression of *****r ---->:Cry1:

hahaha! :D

Big Ian
23-11-2003, 07:49 AM
:nooo: just this morning in the garage put'n fuel in,went in to pay an the guy taken my cash say's"that's a very nice looking car mate is it a volvo!" :io:when i got my speach back and told him he reply's"i thought they only made video recorder's"
:monkey2: :gun3:

zedy1
23-11-2003, 11:04 AM
i get that too people saying is it a skyline or an evo :devil3:

Spirit
23-11-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by scottish ian
"i thought they only made video recorder's"

ROFLMAO !

:D

Kieran
23-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Now, I do get stick on the 'old man's car' front, but I've NEVER had it mistaken for a Volvo!!!

What an :arse:

Brind
23-11-2003, 06:18 PM
I usually hear:
"bit aggressive looking in it?".
"Is it an EVO?"

Or the kinda jealousy comments, "flash isn't it?" or a completely blanked expression when know secretly they're thinking nice car but never on this planet would they ever admit it.

LANCERMIVEC
24-11-2003, 02:09 AM
I Would be peeved off to if someone called my mitsubishi a volvo!

KiwiTT
24-11-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by LANCERMIVEC
I Would be peeved off to if someone called my mitsubishi a volvo!

Me too !!

However, "Just a Galant", make it appear as a real Q-Car

BraindG
24-11-2003, 10:29 AM
I had a bunch of kids come up to me one day when i was working on the car.. "sick car mate" - "innit thats sick" - "how fast does it go? INSERT INTO post VALUES (oh not very i replied - in fear they would come back and steal it)" - and then the bombshell, "what kind of skyline is that?"

how can you come up to me.. then say INSERT INTO post VALUES (amongst other things) "sick care mate" when you have no idea what the car actually is? silly plebs... ok, so they were just kids around 14-15 i would really expect them to know what it is.. but still..

ive had plenty comments at petrol stations... many consiting of "nice car".. other than those kids, no-one has got the car wrong.. however i recon they prolly dont know what it is, and just keep quiet, yet say its "nice"..