PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna buy a MIG 21F Fighter Jet?

MJR
13-01-2007, 04:34 AM
If you do and have some spare cash, bid on it here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MiG-21F-USSR-Military-Aircraft_W0QQitemZ120071699871QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2 6428QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

psbarham
13-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm i wonder what length runway it would need ?? / goes to measure feild

The Vee
13-01-2007, 06:05 PM
LOL when I initialy clicked on the thread, expected to see a MIG welder, then wondered what on earth PSB was measuring his field for.................Mind sets or is it age?/pan

psbarham
13-01-2007, 06:14 PM
LOL when I initialy clicked on the thread, expected to see a MIG welder, then wondered what on earth PSB was measuring his field for.................Mind sets or is it age?/pan
don't worry sir , nurse will be along soon to give you your medication and wipe the pea soup from your chin

MJR
13-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Gonna go to see my friendly bank manager on Monday,
to see if he could arrange a loan for me :D lol

nick-f1
14-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Gonna go to see my friendly bank manager on Monday,
to see if he could arrange a loan for me :D lol

I wouldnt bother, I may have my facts wrong here but I thinks its a mig 21 they have at B`mouth air museum near me, and they dont have certs of air worthyness any more as they killed more pilots in training and testing than than the enemy ever did whilst they were in operation , which wasnt long. /pan

Pete M
15-01-2007, 11:21 AM
I wouldnt bother, I may have my facts wrong here but I thinks its a mig 21 they have at B`mouth air museum near me, and they dont have certs of air worthyness any more as they killed more pilots in training and testing than than the enemy ever did whilst they were in operation , which wasnt long. /pan

Yep, you do have your facts wrong. Excerpt from The MiG-21 Page:
(http://www.topedge.com/panels/aircraft/sites/kraft/mig1.htm)

The MiG-21 is the most built jet ever. Fast, small, agile dependable, and above all simple, it could be turned out in prodigious numbers, and was. It flooded the skies above Europe, Asia, Africa, and even Central America with literally thousands of modern, deadly fighters. It has flown in more wars than any other airplane in the world. An estimated 10,000 (some sources state as much as 13,000 copies) of them have been produced by the Soviet Union, it's allies and (without license) China. The MiG-21 is outnumbered only by WWII airplanes and in modern days only by one, the Lockheed C-130 Hercules. First introduced in service with the Soviet Air Force in 1959, it continued front line service for more than 30 years. A record equal, and parallel, to the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II. The operational record, now entered its fourth decade, may well extend into the next century with i.e. the Chinese and Eastern Europe Air Forces.

Jimbo
15-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Wow, that would make an impressive gate guardian to my drive....bit pricey though. Think I'll hold out for the twin-avon engined Lightning instead....or maybe a Vulcan if I can get the planning permission. Hmmm, ain't la-la land a fun place to live?

nick-f1
16-01-2007, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Pete M]Yep, you do have your facts wrong. Excerpt from The MiG-21 Page:
(http://www.topedge.com/panels/aircraft/sites/kraft/mig1.htm)

The MiG-21 is the most built jet ever. [/QUOTE
which one s the death trap then? Mig 23? Does it say ? Or is a trip to the museum in order to find out