PDA

View Full Version : Car Battery Recommendations?

IAC77
14-01-2007, 07:14 PM
I think my battery is slowly on it's way out and with the inevitable cold weather over the next few months I 'd rather avoid being stranded.

Which model \ spec car battery do people recommend for use with Galant V6 Sports and VR4s? I'd rather get something decent that will last and does not require maintenance (water top-ups etc.), I like the look of the Bosch Silver car batteries but have no idea whether these are suitable.

Cheers

Wodjno
14-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I think my battery is slowly on it's way out and with the inevitable cold weather over the next few months I 'd rather avoid being stranded.

Which model \ spec car battery do people recommend for use with Galant V6 Sports and VR4s? I'd rather get something decent that will last and does not require maintenance (water top-ups etc.), I like the look of the Bosch Silver car batteries but have no idea whether these are suitable.

Cheers

All decent Motor factors should stock good quality Batterys.. If you tell them what car you have they will then check there databases for the correct spec battery.. You want 1 with a minimum 3 year warranty.. Remember to keep the receipt as that will be your warranty with the Motorfactors. The 1 i have on my car cost around £40... Hope this helps :happy:

IAC77
14-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks, my work is close to a Kwik Fit so I might give them a quick call, although I have had a few bad experiences with them in the past, surely they can't get a battery replacement wrong? :)

Wodjno
14-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks, my work is close to a Kwik Fit so I might give them a quick call, although I have had a few bad experiences with them in the past, surely they can't get a battery replacement wrong? :)

Hmmm !! Kwik Flit !! :inquisiti

I'd prefer to go to a Motor Factors or Halfrauds and fit it myself, than go to Kwik Flit.. :inquisiti

Choice is yours Dude :happy:

Gly
15-01-2007, 05:33 AM
i use a exide orbital battery,
1000cca
gel filled, so no maintaince ever!
deep cycle, so no failure to start :)

cost me $250ish nz

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Other-accessories/auction-84267747.htm

MGV6
15-01-2007, 05:40 PM
If I remember rightly, someone from here brought the battery from Mitsubishi and it was much cheaper then others. I can't remember the thread but if you do a search you will find it.

Check with Mitsubishi for price and then compare.

n13l pm
16-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I purchased two Optima Yellow Top batteries. I highly rate them. I got one as a replacement for the front and another for my sound install im working on. I went for the 4.2L size, fits perfect in our battery trays. If anyones interested I should be able to get a hold of some if I get a group buy on...