PDA

View Full Version : Asking for a favor from our friendly people in NZ

Nutter_John
15-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Just seen this on RPW's website and rather than paying to make a phone call to ask some questions , I was hoping I could be cheeky and ask one of you guys to enquire about it .

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=711&category_id=156&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

What I am after knowing is what the Small end size is and if they have any low compression pistons to match the rods . Also what sort of power they estimate the rods can take

I would owe you several beers whom ever does me this favor :D

Cheers John

stuartturbo
15-01-2007, 10:04 PM
I doubt they would know but they might the rod will be made to the smallest diameter limit set by mitsi then the rest is up to you.
modding rods to suit or pin and crank.
If you get a size of yours( crank and pin) PAR may make them to suit because i bet they are not off the shelf items
DANA perfect circle do make pistons but list is so huge i dont know where to start

http://www.racetep.com/parrod.html made to suit

Xeroid
16-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Umm, Aus is not part of NZ guys, it's a toll call from here as well, albeit maybe a bit cheaper.
We call it the West Island ( we already have North and South Islands ) and its about 1200 km over the Tasman Sea and about 2 hours and 5 years behind NZ culturally. ... no, make that about 10 years culturally.

No, there isn't a bridge, ... or a Chunnel ...

Xeroid
16-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Hmm, just noticed it's way over in Perth, Western Australia, that's about 6 hours behind, about 4000 kms away.

Might be a WA, Perth member somewhere.

Why don't you just email them to start with ... make enquiries.
Skype might be your friend if you have to talk, it's pretty cheap to landline.

rpwinfo@iinet.net.au

Nutter_John
16-01-2007, 10:19 AM
DOH , me so stupid for some reason I thought RPW was in NZ . No Probs I will phone from work :D

Please delete this from your memory

bradc
16-01-2007, 10:28 AM
You probably got confused with Kempys. Good luck calling them while you're at work, unless you're on night shift :)

VR-04-TT
17-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Nutter, through the magna club I was in www.aussiemagna.com, plenty of people have dealt with RPW and many...many have had severe issues with them.

I would recommend real caution with them. Plus they're not that cheap anyway and most of their stuff is outsourced. I have been there myself, met Dave, whilst he knows his stuff very well. His products just aren't up to par with his knowledge.

Nutter_John
17-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Cheers Billy , will avoid them :D