PDA

View Full Version : Sorted Front disks and pads

sanct
16-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Finally made a decision on upgrading front disks and pads.
Went for the EBC Turbo Grooves (grooved and dimpled)
combined with Ceramic Red Stuffs.
What can I say, fanbloomintastic!
My cars taken on a whole new feel, clean, sharp and powerful braking.
I haven't even driven them hard yet and I'm really impressed.

Hats off to the guys at Eurospec(Ben n Mark) for supplying them and fitting them at the drop of a hat. Cheers for the advice on kit too.

Very cool company
:pimp2:

sanct
18-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Well I'm chuffed...

Wodjno
18-01-2007, 08:32 PM

Hats off to the guys at Eurospec(Ben n Mark) for supplying them and fitting them at the drop of a hat. Cheers for the advice on kit too.

Very cool company

I haven't used anything but the above for the last 30 months.. /toycar
Only ever had brake fade once and that was at the Ring on the downhill to the left hander at Lidl's..

IMHO They are 2nd to none on a standard setup :scholar:

Good choice that man :2thumbsup

sanct
18-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I haven't used anything but the above for the last 30 months.. /toycar
Only ever had brake fade once and that was at the Ring on the downhill to the left hander at Lidl's..

IMHO They are 2nd to none on a standard setup :scholar:

Good choice that man :2thumbsup

Cheers mate
They look rather exotic too me thinks
/rally

White Lightning
19-01-2007, 10:30 AM
What is the cost of these discs and pads ?

And what are they like when cold ? Are they creaky and noisy ?

Eurospec
19-01-2007, 11:03 AM

Very cool company

Thanks very much mate, glad you are happy with them.:afro:

For those interested, they (Front EBC Turbo Groove Discs and Red Stuff pads) are £295 fitted, all inc.

Cheers,

Ben.

sanct
19-01-2007, 04:50 PM
What is the cost of these discs and pads ?

And what are they like when cold ? Are they creaky and noisy ?

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html#

Price as Benh states above (including fitting)
I haven't found them noisey at all when cold.
They also brake well cold but really come into there own once warmed up.

You won't regret this purchase!
:iloveyou: EBC

White Lightning
19-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks very much mate, glad you are happy with them.:afro:

For those interested, they (Front EBC Turbo Groove Discs and Red Stuff pads) are £295 fitted, all inc.

Cheers,

Ben.

Thanks Ben.

Can you tell me the supply only price ? And does the price change if I ordered grooved only (not drilled) ?

I see that you are based in Guildford - just down the road from me - so I may be paying you a visit at some stage :pimp2:

Eurospec
19-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Mate, i live in Crowthorne, surprised we dont see each other about!

We can do them for £245 for you to fit yourself. After we complete our move, you are more than welcolme to do them yourself at the workshop if that is any help to you. Our current unit is a bit on the small side i'm affraid!

EDIT, I'd have to check the price on the grooved only ones for you. Its very likely the same but i dont know for sure. You know these discs are only dimpled, not cross drilled all the way?

Cheers,

Ben.

White Lightning
19-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Nice one Ben. I will definately bear this mind. I've just fitted some new standard pads that I had laying around but I am hoping to get something better sorted before I go to the 'ring in May. So will hopefully be given you a shout soon :afro:

What colour is your GTO ? Is it the silver one on your website ? If so, I will keep an eye out for it ...

I didn't realise these were dimpled only. Does that mean there is no chance of cracks developing? I had a set of cross drilled and grooved Black Diamond discs on my old 620ti and they started to crack around the holes ...

Glenn - are you using grooved only or grooved and drilled ?

Wodjno
19-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Nice one Ben. I will definately bear this mind. I've just fitted some new standard pads that I had laying around but I am hoping to get something better sorted before I go to the 'ring in May. So will hopefully be given you a shout soon :afro:

What colour is your GTO ? Is it the silver one on your website ? If so, I will keep an eye out for it ...

I didn't realise these were dimpled only. Does that mean there is no chance of cracks developing? I had a set of cross drilled and grooved Black Diamond discs on my old 620ti and they started to crack around the holes ...

Glenn - are you using grooved only or grooved and drilled ?

I used Black Diamond on the Ti to.. Yes i had cracks around the holes to...

The EBC are not Grooved and Holed !! They are Grooved and Dimpled.. They are the 1's i have :pimp2:

Of course they can crack ?? The ones i have on now are cracked !! Don't let that put you off though... All discs i have ever used have had cracks in by the time i replace them.. (Drilled, Dimpeld, Grooved and Plain.. ) It doesn't matter ! If you drive hard enough you will crack any brake discs.. :D