PDA

View Full Version : Screen washer

MGV6
16-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Mine needs refilling, I haven't changed mine since I acquired Mitsui.

Can I use any screen washer or do Club VR4 usually recommend a certain one to use?

White Lightning
16-01-2007, 10:06 PM
You don't have to use anything special. I use a Halfords concentrate one that you add to the water.

Nick VR4
16-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Nothing special I use Car Plan Screen Wash

MGV6
16-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of buying a undiluted one so I can get more out of it.

btw: do you recommend just topping it up or actually emptying the old stuff and then refilling it to aviod contaminations etc.?

Nick VR4
16-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I ran my dry the last time driving up from the south so flushed it a little with clean water and then added and diluted to about 30/70 % depending on how cold it gets you can up the %

You could empty the old stuff if you like

Kieran
16-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Nah, there's no "Uber Formula" we all use. Halfords, Decosol, Comma, Holts.... Whatever on that.

White Lightning
16-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I do tend to run it dry to avoid mixing. I don't usually bother flushing out the reservoir though.

MGV6
16-01-2007, 10:18 PM
I ran my dry the last time driving up from the south so flushed it a little with clean water and then added and diluted to about 30/70 % depending on how cold it gets you can up the %

You could empty the old stuff if you like

how easy/difficult is it to remove the screen wash container in the engine?

Nick VR4
16-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I do tend to run it dry to avoid mixing. I don't usually bother flushing out the reservoir though.

I did mine coz I knew the old stuff was a different colour :speechles pink and the new stuff was blue so thought just in case it caused a nuclear reaction LOL

Kieran
16-01-2007, 10:23 PM

Don't mess about removing it GTZ as it's a pain in the ass really! Just run dry, fill with a litre or so of water and run the washer jets to draw it through. No real need though, they're all miscible.:happy:

MGV6
16-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Nah, there's no "Uber Formula" we all use. Halfords, Decosol, Comma, Holts.... Whatever on that.

Kieran, I was wondering whether you know if Amsoil do fully synthetic screen washers? LOL

:)

g6acb
16-01-2007, 10:28 PM
No real need though, they're all miscible.:happy:

yeah but take a random mix of 3 or 4 brands of fluid , leave to mix on a hot balmy summers day and marvel at the stink bomb you have created :afro:

Kieran
16-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Kieran, I was wondering whether you know if Amsoil do fully synthetic screen washers? LOL

:)

/haz

Funnily enough Gurj I was thinking "I bet when Don sees this thread, he'll announce...."

Heh! The nearest Don's got is this... It's not a screen wash though - it's something you apply when your glass is clean and clear and it makes rain WHIZZ off the screen like you wouldn't believe!

http://www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk/rain_clear_windscreen_protectant.html

Kieran
16-01-2007, 10:31 PM
yeah but take a random mix of 3 or 4 brands of fluid , leave to mix on a hot balmy summers day and marvel at the stink bomb you have created :afro:

Leave me out on a summers day and I'd pong by the end of it too! Mainly though of toasted Redhead skin!:embarasse /pan

g6acb
16-01-2007, 10:38 PM

on the Hayes manual 'spanner scale' of difficulty removing a relay is a 1 spanner...... removing the washer reservoir is a whole 22ft walk in Snap-On van brimmed to the roof :5shots:

as said before - no need to remove it

Kieran
16-01-2007, 10:40 PM
on the Hayes manual 'spanner scale' of difficulty removing a relay is a 1 spanner...... removing the washer reservoir is a whole 22ft walk in Snap-On van brimmed to the roof :5shots:

The above is saved for future reference! /haz

pitslayer
16-01-2007, 11:01 PM
remember kids, if its not burning your eyes, its not cleaning your screen