PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Day 18th Feb`

bradc
17-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Who's keen for this? The location will be my shed which is in Karaka, probably best if we set it up like last time where everyone meets at Greenlane or Botany and just turns up at once, rather than having the possibility of 10 people getting lost all in different places :)

I suggest 10am at Gull on Te Irirangi that we have used for meets before. The early start time is because last time we got to the end of the day and it was starting to get a bit late before we got everything finished up.

I will update this list of things to do as people reply to the thread. I want to keep all of the tasks in this top post.

Brad:
Fit new passenger side front door, new right rear speaker. Fit Decat pipe if anyone has a spare? (if anyone has one spare please speak up). Try and put Black Ralliart wheels onto a members car with front Brembos (most likely Uc) to check compatibility.

Shady:
Fitting Decat, fiddle with gauges and soldering

Uc:
Camber Mod, teach how to park properly

Dickytim:
Possibly fitting fuel pump, making amp rack in spare wheel well and fitting 2 X amps

Gly:
Transfer case and diff fluid change

Mpau:
Camber Mod and Clutch Release Bearing

Showvr:
Possible Camber Mod

Subaru eta:
Lower Ball Joint

Munta:
Possible Camber Mod and Rear Diff Oil Change

KiwiTT:
Check out underside of car

Jaimz:
Maybe cambelt and associated service

William:
Change Plugs and redo boost wiring

Lucas:
Camber mod, hardwire radar detector

Subaru ETA
17-01-2007, 08:04 AM
cant make it, will be in oz

SHOWVR
17-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Im keen....... but can we push it out to the 18th???? away that weekend.... please:happy:

bradc
17-01-2007, 08:37 AM
The weekend doesn't worry me, I was just suggesting the 11th because it is fairly soon. If more people prefer the 18th then we can do that.

d i c k i e s
17-01-2007, 08:47 AM
hmm wish we had one in welli... im sure someone would like to do my speakers in my car.

ShadyNZer
17-01-2007, 12:17 PM
dunno if im workin yet....i forgot i still got my decat pipe too, wouldnt mind fitting that as well, dont have the bolts tho..:(

dickytim
17-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Dickytim, Possibly fitting fuel pump, making amp rack in spare wheel well and fitting 2 X amps.

bradc
17-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Original post updated :) Shady - you've had that decat pipe for well over a year now, it's about time you got it fitted.

Gly
17-01-2007, 07:37 PM
i know what needs doing in my car,

transfer case and diff fluid change,
so once ive done that ill help others

Lucas
18-01-2007, 08:08 AM
I think Im free either of those days, just see if I can escape the mrs for the day though! /help

No work to do myself so if I show I'll just help others where needed.

Subaru ETA
18-01-2007, 08:10 AM
yeah 18th shoud be good... as i say no work needed but i can help and supply tools if people request

bradc
18-01-2007, 08:31 AM
ok lets change it to the 18th then :)

mpau009
18-01-2007, 09:08 AM
I should be a starter for the 18th:2thumbsup , just got to check a couple of things first.

bradc
18-01-2007, 09:17 AM
Any plans for your car on the day Mike?

mpau009
18-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Any plans for your car on the day Mike?

Hopefully we can have a look at that camber on the back if Gly is still keen, so i can lose the spacers (stock size tyres were rubbing on the springs:speechles ), and figure out whats started clunking back there..:thinking: And if mr ETA is coming then i'll ask him to walk me through cleaning the release bearing, and see if i can squeeze a bit more out of my clutch:2thumbsup

Do you/anyone have a compressor we can use?

Gly
18-01-2007, 09:41 AM
OK, For those that want to do my rear wheel camber mod and/or guard rolling

if you want me to get the longer bolts and plate and washers needed for the fix,
i can organise this for $35per car. must be prepaid

I wont be taking orders for the kit after the 9th of feb,

and for those wanting the guards rolled i will charge $25 per guard (payable on the day)

PM ME if anyone wants this done

mpau009
18-01-2007, 10:15 AM
[B][I][SIZE="3"]
if you want me to get the longer bolts and plate and washers needed for the fix,
i can organise this for $35per car. must be prepaid

PM ME if anyone wants this done

Bargain:2thumbsup I'll check i can definately come, and let you know tommorrow avo.

bradc
18-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Yep, I've got a big powerful air compressor, so thats all good :)

I was also going to provide a bbq and drinks :)

SHOWVR
18-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Yep, I've got a big powerful air compressor, so thats all good :)

I was also going to provide a bbq and drinks :)
Im keen on the camber fix........
hey Gly - still got those mods to do so Ill try get the stuff sorted befroe then.
Last year I bought this cold air intke pipe and filter from STA made specifically for the galnt/leg. it was one of those ones were the piping and filter goes all the way down to the bumper. got a refund because its for NA not turbo, BUT im thinking of geting it again because once the battery is removed should be all sweet???

Ill be there with some sausages Brad.

SHOWVR
18-01-2007, 10:48 AM
ok lets change it to the 18th then :)
:2thumbsup schweet!!!

mpau009
18-01-2007, 10:56 AM
should be all sweet???

If its the one i remember, i think that piping was designed for the NA V6, which has one (or is it 2?) less vacuum line thing up by that black plastic elbow. But i'm pretty sure you could make it work.

:thinking: Or if youv got a non recirculating boost controller / tap, like mine and the majority, the you might not need it at all.

bradc
18-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Lets just hope its not your own sausage Don :)

Xeroid
19-01-2007, 07:18 AM
18th eh ...?
I/we seem to be free, I'll get a boost guage and someone can maybe show me where it plugs into I can figure what my turbs is doing.
Then I can think about a manual boost controller later,...one step at a time.
And be a good excuse for a cruz out to Karaka and have a look at some other cars being ripped apart.
And I can BBQ and other things

Kenneth
19-01-2007, 07:34 AM
i should be there :) Jo will probably come along too... she can wash up :D :iloveyou:

SirVr4
19-01-2007, 08:20 AM
i maybe new but is it all good if i come out to meet you's all i dont need anything done at this time but would be good to meet some CLUB VR4er's, i can help out where needed and i will also bring some steaks and drinks, also wanna see all the other rides

bradc
19-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah of course you're welcome SirVr4. (Sorry is it Jake, I forget)

Xeroid - sounds like you're the official cook then. I might need to get a boost gauge and manual controller hooked up on the white one too, if only Carsten would get around to making the gauge pod :D

SirVr4
19-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Hey one more thing just wanting to know can we do it on the saturday the 17th rather than sunday that way we could have a few beers and dont have to worry about the next day. and also im a truck driver and i start at 1 on the monday...

bradc
19-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Sunday's are just a better day for me thats all, we should be done before 6pm anyways.

Subaru ETA
20-01-2007, 01:35 AM
well had my car on the hoist today and its starting to get paly in the lower ball joint. so if i can be arsed ill do that and show others how to if need be...
my mate who is a registed member of the club but has limited access to the web so is never on (BQQM) is interested as well if it all good for him to come.

hes just picked his car up from having the transfer case overhauled and ive driven it and **** you may not beleave me but it actually has more power! the insides of the transfer case had pretty much melted due to the dealer he got it off mechanic putting the wrong oil in it!

but anyway, im pretty sure i can come so ask now if you would like me to bring certain tools

SHOWVR
20-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Lets just hope its not your own sausage Don :)
Lol!!! Sick bro, real sik! hehe! But Sorry brad, thats not my cup of tea, may be yours, but not mine.......

Joanne
23-01-2007, 12:53 AM
i should be there :) Jo will probably come along too... she can wash up :D :iloveyou:

urrr-hum....

Munta
23-01-2007, 02:06 AM
might be keen on coming, need rear diff oil done and camber issues sorted as well... looks like gly mite be busy showing ppl how to fix the camber problems.

Gly
23-01-2007, 05:03 AM
not really,

only have to do one while people watch,
its a workshop day to help people not do it all for them.

only had one paid order for the camber fix kit,

unless people are bringing there own stuff?....

and something to note is that you cant use the original bolts as they are to short to have spacers behind them safely.

oh and i wont be taking orders for the kit after the 9th of feb,

if you have'nt ordered and paid by then you'll have to sort it yourself.

ShadyNZer
23-01-2007, 07:58 AM
nub question im sure, but whats the rear wheel camber mod?? is it to stop the rear wheel scraping on the guard??

also Gly, how hard was it to solder your boost gauge wire to mount it on the pillar?

Gly
23-01-2007, 08:54 AM
rear camber mod was something i tried out on my car,
and worked with great success,

basically when you lower the car the the wheels camber in,

ie when the car it at normal height the wheels are strait up and down like this
||-------||

when its lowered they go like this

//------\\

this eats up the inside of you tyre (i used to use a set of 17s in a year)

my camber mod/fix straightens them back up when its low, so no more eating tyres, i did it coz i dont wanna buy 18s once a year, and better handling. and its cheap and easy to do, ($35 DIY kit for both wheels)

unlike the front which costs $250 per corner ($500 all up) (ive done this aswell)

now my car is almost within factory spec camber,
-1 degree on the front recommended is -0.2 to +0.4
-0.59 degee on the rear recommended is -1.2 to -.02

and my guages arnt soldered to the pillar there bolted on thru the plastic cover,
was a fairly easy task

ShadyNZer
23-01-2007, 10:26 PM
^^ yeah but u know that big plug? didnt u solder the wires together to get rid of the plug to fit under the pillar or something like that? i think thats what u told me lol...

but yeah id be keen on that camber kit thing...can u pm me your acc detailsand ill deposit the money?

also for the decat, anyone know the specific bolts needed to install?? or anyone got the bolts needed to to install and i buy em off ya??

cheers

Gly
24-01-2007, 12:28 AM
i got some spare bolts of a decat, you can have,

and ive sent you my account details,

for people doing the camber mod, your guards may need rolling afterwards?
depending on wheel/tyre size

Xeroid
24-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Have to miss this now, I've looked carefully at schedule, it's our 5th wedding anniversary ( geez, glad I remembered !! ). Not a good time to be rummaging around in a faraway garage and we got plans anyway ....:love: /drinkswine :sweethear

bradc
24-01-2007, 09:48 AM
You mean Liz will have to come out with you so that you can get drunk and play with cars :)

VR4 MAD
26-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Minor thread hijack.................Sorry :speechles

But it does have relevance to this meeting on 18th Feb........... see below.

Last weekend a few Welly members got together at the 'SpeedTech' opening and it was suggested we should go up to the 'Import All Stars' drag meet in Taupo on Feb 17th as a CVR4 group trip or run.
Here's a LINK (http://http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2007/feb/taupo/new-zealand-performance-car-magazine-import-all-stars.html) to more info on the event.

This seemed a good idea cause we could meet a group of the Auckland members if there was enough interested in a run down to the drags. A sort of mid-island meeting.

I haven't started a new thread yet regarding this idea cause you guys have this 'workshop' day on the 18th. Not sure if you would want to do two things in one weekend, though you could re-schedule the workshop day I suppose.

So let us know what you think and if there's enough interest I'll start a separate thread suggesting this mid-island trip and meeting at the drags.

Just don't won't to stuff up your 'workshop' day plans though.

Just an idea.

/toycar

bradc
26-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Not a bad idea, I can't see any disadvantage at all to driving down to taupo on Saturday, then getting up at 5am to drive back. (not being sarcastic at all, fully serious)

If anyone else from Auckland is keen then I'll do it :D

Gly
26-01-2007, 08:29 AM
im far to lazy!
ill be at the workshop day thou.

and dont you work on saturdays anymore brad?

bradc
26-01-2007, 08:41 AM
not at the new job :)

VR4 MAD
26-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Not a bad idea

Cheers Brad. Didn't want to undermine your workshop day. Remember to keep the camera working as there must be a 'howto' guide or two possible out of all those tasks listed.

Anyway, I'll start a new thread suggesting a meet at the Taupo drags to see what interest there maybe from your end and ours.

Some of us Welly guys, mainly those who didn't make last weekends mini meet are getting together this afternoon and I'll mention it to them to get an idea of potential interest and numbers from this end.

I can't see any disadvantage at all to driving down to taupo on Saturday, then getting up at 5am to drive back. (not being sarcastic at all, fully serious)

If anyone else from Auckland is keen then I'll do it :D

I was more thinking of an early morning drive up (down) and drive back in the evening, but if enough people wanted to stay overnight then we could do a group booking/share some accommodation thing to help keep costs down maybe.

Anyway I'll stop hijacking this thread and get a new thread started later.

Cheers

/toycar

KiwiTT
02-02-2007, 03:22 AM
"10am at Gull on Te Irirangi " Where exactly is this. Can you post a map image.

bradc
02-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Richard, you know where Te Irirangi drive is right? The gull on there is about 3km from the Botany Town Centre. From your house it would be easiest to go down the South Eastern motorway, turn right at Te Irirangi, and look out for the Gull on your right, then do a U turn to get into it :)

You See
02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
"10am at Gull on Te Irirangi " Where exactly is this. Can you post a map image.
It's around HERE (http://www.smaps.co.nz/nz/manukau/east+tamaki+heights/te+irirangi+drive/)
I'll be meeting there.

rayray24
02-02-2007, 11:04 AM
c'on people! You can do it! I would like to meet you all! It will be max a $200 around trip plus entry! You know you want to!!!! :iloveyou:

mpau009
02-02-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm keen, but i'm not going by myself, and 99% of my other mates have gone off cars:thinking:

If we drive down on Satuday morning, and back when it finishes at 6:30 / 7:00 that should be easy enough, and it cost me like $42 to drive to taupo after Xmas.

HKS 7 second Skyline, you know you want to..

What time are the wellington bunch thinking of geting there?

Gly
03-02-2007, 03:30 AM
so what time and meet place for the workshop day?

Wodjno
03-02-2007, 03:34 AM
so what time and meet place for the workshop day?

I'll be over around 8o'clock /rally

bradc
03-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Carsten, 10am at Gull Te Irirangi on the 18th of Feb

Gly
03-02-2007, 06:42 AM
ok wasnt sure if you guys were talking bout taupo or not,

still having the BBQ/Drinks/house warming after :P

Gly
03-02-2007, 06:47 AM
oh and brad to make the workshop day a 100% sucess,

buy this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Other-accessories/auction-86295452.htm

you knou want to!

bradc
03-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Only if you go halves :)

Gly
03-02-2007, 07:42 AM
ok got a spare $1600 i can borrow,
i can give you half a car lift as security for the loan :P

bradc
03-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Hmm maybe not. How about you try and get a few gauge pods ready? I'm quite keen to install boost and trans temp gauges into the white vr-4

ShadyNZer
03-02-2007, 07:24 PM
got anything to solder some wires together brad??

also, off topic, but is paying $70 too much for a dvd writer?

d i c k i e s
03-02-2007, 11:31 PM
nah bro, sounds bout right for a dvd writer these days... i brought mine for $300+ when they first came out. still goin hard too! (3-4 years ago now)

bradc
04-02-2007, 05:47 AM
$54+gst is wholesale, so $70 isn't bad.

ShadyNZer
04-02-2007, 11:22 AM
cool :thumbsup: seen some on TM....all good

got a soldering iron or whatever it is at your place brad?

bradc
04-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I do, but I don't know where it is, probably best that someone brings one along

KiwiTT
04-02-2007, 08:36 PM
It's around HERE (http://www.smaps.co.nz/nz/manukau/east+tamaki+heights/te+irirangi+drive/)
I'll be meeting there.Thanks. I should be able to make it.

jaimz
04-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Hey dudes,
I'm toying with the idea of changing my cambelt, after Louis' thread made it seem so straightforward (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21905&highlight=timing+belt)
Is there enough room in the garage for another car Brad..? Do you think we could get it done in a day?

:-)

Gly
05-02-2007, 07:09 AM
heaps of room, juat make sure your car is the first one in as it'll prob take the longest.

keen on helping once ive done my few bits...
never done a cambelt before, so dunno if i can offer any advice on how long il would take

bradc
05-02-2007, 08:29 AM
The new shed is bigger and less cluttered than the old one, I'm sure it won't be a problem Jaimz :)

Lucas
06-02-2007, 09:02 AM
cool :thumbsup: seen some on TM....all good

got a soldering iron or whatever it is at your place brad?

I have a portable gas iron on order at the moment. It should be waiting for me at work tomorrow so I will bring that with me.

ShadyNZer
06-02-2007, 07:49 PM
oh shot bro :thumbsup:

Kenneth
06-02-2007, 08:34 PM
ill most likely bring my mains power soldering iron also. Gas is good, but a pain in the backside if you need to get into tight places

jaimz
06-02-2007, 08:52 PM
The new shed is bigger and less cluttered than the old one, I'm sure it won't be a problem Jaimz :)

Good man!
I'm still a little hesitant about it at this stage... I mean a cambelt job is the one job you don't want to /pan up..!
I'll check out costs etc and let y'all know.

:happy:

KiwiTT
06-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Anyone bringing Car Ramps. i.e. you drive your car up them to get underneath.

KiwiTT
06-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Jaimz: I would leave the Cambelt change to the pro's initially.

Kenneth
06-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Anyone bringing Car Ramps. i.e. you drive your car up them to get underneath.

I can bring some ramps

Lucas
06-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Gas is good, but a pain in the backside if you need to get into tight places

How so? Tight places is why I bought the gas one :happy:

KiwiTT
06-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks Ken. I want to have a look under my front of it, where I have the "scuff" plate.

It may also be useful for others.

Kenneth
06-02-2007, 10:13 PM
How so? Tight places is why I bought the gas one :happy:

Gas soldering irons work by burning the gas. The resulting hot gases are used to heat the soldering iron tip.
Unfortunately the hot gases still have to go somewhere, usually out the sides of the tip. If you put this close to anything plastic, it will melt it.

rude diagram... the gas out bits produce really hot gas close to the soldering iron... you probably want 20mm at LEAST around that area when soldering.

Lucas
07-02-2007, 01:59 AM
Ah yes fair enough. The one I'm getting has only one exhaust so it helps that you can aim it away I guess. Normally I wouldn't have to work in situations THAT tight :thinking:

bradc
07-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Kenneth likes working in tight situations :)

Richard, I assume you mean to look at the towing hook cover, or to see if there is any damage to any of the components at the bottom of the engine bay?

ShadyNZer
07-02-2007, 08:19 AM
ahhh the thing i wanna solder is in a tight place, but can prolly pull the boost gauge wires out i think....gotta see what gly did so i can copy lol

Gly
07-02-2007, 08:27 AM
ok have had had 3 sets of camber kits made, just waiting on the longer bolts.

2 sets sold, one to mike and one to uc,

1 kit left, to who ever pays me first,

i wont be putting anymore kits together.

first in first served

KiwiTT
07-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Richard, I assume you mean to look at the towing hook cover, or to see if there is any damage to any of the components at the bottom of the engine bay?Correct.

william
07-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Brad, would there be space for me to change my spark plugs and connect my boost guage to a "lights on" source? If needed I can also bring some tools like an electric soldering iron, ramps, airtools etc. I might need a long - reach spark plug spanner, have not checked yet wether mine is the correct size for our plugs. I will also contribute to the barbie!

KiwiTT
07-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Yes bring what tools and ramps you can.

ShadyNZer
08-02-2007, 01:30 AM
bah moneys tighter than a virgin at the mo so dont worry bout the camber mod on the first post brad :( just the decat and maybe if able, solder my gauge wire to get rid of that big plug thingy....

lucas - u still got that fusion harness? how much did u want for that? i forgot....

Lucas
08-02-2007, 05:32 AM
lucas - u still got that fusion harness? how much did u want for that? i forgot....

Yeah I still got it, it's sitting in my glove box so as long as I show up it's gonna be there. How much do I want???.... /Hmmm ... Open a beer for me and we'll call it even :d

bradc
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Lol, there is enough beer around here Lucas :)

William, of course you're welcome, and if you're bringing airtools you don't even need to ask! (you also have a facelift manual vr4, so you're extra welcome :))

Edited first post again, we could have 12 cars to do work on, as well as a couple of other spectators, sounds like it's going to be a great day.

Lucas
08-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh bugga, forgot to mention I have bought myself the gear required for the rear camber mod so I might do that if there is room somewhere. Obviously don't need to be in the garage but if there's some spare level ground somewhere I'll be sweet!

bradc
08-02-2007, 09:03 AM
not really to be honest Lucas, it is all gravel around the shed, and I haven't built up the gravel to the actual garages in the house yet. There is room for 4 cars in the shed, so hopefully we'll be able to get through some of the easy things fairly quickly.

Lucas
08-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Ah it's ok if I can't get mine done anyways, it should be a nice easy one to do at home if I miss out. I'd be happy just helping out wherever I can

bradc
08-02-2007, 09:16 AM
How about this as incentive, anyone that helps me out with my stuff gets first spot in the shed! :)

updated the first page btw

mpau009
08-02-2007, 09:25 AM
I picked up this the other day while you all were working..:P
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=85913395

(Bargain:2thumbsup)

If someone is keen to supervise id like to pull the old banged up one apart for a drag racing style air intake. (do you need a heat gun or something i vaguely remember?)

Oh yeah, and brad do you want to allocate stuff for us to bring? otherwise i predict 200kg of sausages:afro:

I'll call dibs on bringing potato salad:thinking:

You See
08-02-2007, 09:26 AM
I bags the garage...especially if that bar is open!...hahahahaha

bradc
08-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Uc - the bar isn't open yet, but the beer fridge is in the garage. Nothing short of a Landcruiser will get into either garage in the house at the moment anyway, unless you want to come around this weekend and do some shoveling. I also edited the first post in the thread with you in mind :)

Mike - oogiewoogie is Uc, looks like a few people saw that :) As far as food goes, noone is required to bring anything, but if they must then they are welcome to bring whatever they like, if you're a vego then by all means bring potato salad, if you're from another country like Uc, feel free to bring rice and karaoke videos :)

Gly
08-02-2007, 10:19 AM
better sort that ramp for the garage then...

i want a long one so its easy for me to get in...

nothing like the driveway at you old place,
3 wheeled in and out LOL!

bradc
08-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Well you know what the driveway is like for the new place, it's nice and easy. Access into the shed is flat as too.

As for the garage, well lets just not go there for this workshop day, unless I put in a huge effort this weekend (unlikely)

detonate
10-02-2007, 02:15 AM
Hopefully I'm come spectate/help. Don't really have anything mech I want to do on my car. Cept maybe put that intercooler on, but I haven't got hoses to match up yet, so meh.

bradc
10-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Thats fine Det, we all want to look at your bumper anyway. I saw a good plate on a car for you today, DETON8. It was on a toyota levin.

GroundControl
10-02-2007, 04:54 AM
I was thinking about coming along too (if I'm free that day) - was considering getting a boost gauge and fitting it (what's the brand that looks a bit like the VR4 dash? and where do you get them?)

mpau009
10-02-2007, 05:08 AM
I was thinking about coming along too (if I'm free that day) - was considering getting a boost gauge and fitting it (what's the brand that looks a bit like the VR4 dash? and where do you get them?)

I think you mean the autoguage smoke series, theyre the cheaper ones, i think brad found some alternatives though.

I got mine from trademe for a decent price, but i think repco might be selling them now?

bradc
10-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah the autogauge smoke one is the closest one to a VR-4 dash you'll find, and they are quite good value too.

ShadyNZer
10-02-2007, 11:34 AM
stink i got the normal seven colour boost gauge...rats! is that the same one kenneth had in his one b4? meshed quite well...

Kenneth
10-02-2007, 09:30 PM
stink i got the normal seven colour boost gauge...rats! is that the same one kenneth had in his one b4? meshed quite well...

Mine was in PSI, but otherwise the same :)

SHOWVR
11-02-2007, 03:53 AM
Might do the battery to boot thing too......
and chuck in a boost gauge

brad - you still want me to bring sausages?

You See
11-02-2007, 04:00 AM
Might do the battery to boot thing too......
If you do, don't forget to make sure you have all the gear by Sat night as it may be difficult to source additional items on a Sun...best to have too much than not enough...this goes for everybody. :scholar:

bradc
11-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Don - make sure you have a fuse, etc etc. If you want to bring food, then you're more than welcome :D

SHOWVR
11-02-2007, 05:58 AM
I got the parts list from Carlsten so yeah well see.....

Gly
11-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Carsten :P

SirVr4
12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
hi i was just wanting to confirm, is there or is there not going to be a cook up? im not coming to get anything done at this time besides cook eat and pick at everyones brains for advise? and wat time and where are we meeting up i know i red it here some but i cant seem to find it so just easier to just ask

and i'll bring steaks and a hang over lol
thanks

SirVr4
12-02-2007, 01:34 AM
I'll be meeting there.

dont mind me but i was wondering since we're going to karaka why are we going so far off the beatin track (botney downs) to meet up?

its not a moan just wantin to know, for all i know thats maybe where yous alway meet up just thought i'd ask?

remember im still new lol

Gly
12-02-2007, 04:33 AM
coz the two people that actually have been to brads new place live here :P
You See, and me...

also we have met here before for other meets

bradc
12-02-2007, 04:38 AM
As Gly said, that pretty much covers it, lots of people live around the Botany area as well. If you want just pm me and I'll send you my address anyway.

And yes there definately will be a feed.

SirVr4
12-02-2007, 05:01 AM
oh thats cool just asking :) sweet see you's sunday.
sweet as bradc could be some good photo opp's on the drive out and always looks cool when a group rolls out
/rally /rally /rally
:afro: :afro: :afro:

KiwiTT
12-02-2007, 05:43 AM
I have just been quote NZ$1,000 to repair the front towing cover.

It will definitely be worth looking at.

Gly
12-02-2007, 07:12 AM
?????

bradc
12-02-2007, 07:36 AM
what on earth did you do to it Richard? Try and level a gravel road with the front?

SHOWVR
12-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Carsten :P
:speechles sorry bo

Lucas
15-02-2007, 05:36 AM
Brad, please add: hard wiring radar detector for me to the list please

Cheers!

bradc
15-02-2007, 06:50 AM
updated

Subaru ETA
15-02-2007, 09:30 AM
what sort of radar you got lucas?? also someone wanted to do a cambelt??? i wouldnt coz you will just get frustrated! i did mine and it took a few cant be arsed days to do! no really something that you want to do on a sunday

Lucas
16-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Well I bought a Uniden GPS9000NZ off trademe. All going well untill wednesday which was the last day I heard from the guy and nothing has shown up! Rather frustrating but I'm going to pop into work today on the off chance that it has been delivered but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe its just the camber mod for me then

AllBeItMine
17-02-2007, 09:46 AM
i will see you guys there.

i am pretty handy with this modding stuff. done most of it before - so if you guys need any help with your cars i might be able to help.

see you in the morning.

KiwiTT
18-02-2007, 09:16 PM
I would like to pass on to Brad and his mum our ClubVR4 thanks for the hospitality given for allowing us to use their place for the day.

Kenneth
18-02-2007, 09:31 PM
I would like to pass on to Brad and his mum our ClubVR4 thanks for the hospitality given for allowing us to use their place for the day.

Well said :)

Good venue, cant wait till you get the pool ;)

bradc
18-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah it was a good day, thanks for the kind words Richard.

Had a slight wheel related tragedy this morning, but I'll upload the pics tonight

dickytim
19-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks Brad and Mrs Collins, like Richard said it was very much appreciated.

bradc
19-02-2007, 10:18 PM
not a prob richard