PDA

View Full Version : colours

pitslayer
17-01-2007, 01:59 PM
so i have a silver galant....silver wheels.....whats a good contrasting colour for silver, had a cunning idea for my wheels, and just cant think of a contrasting colour to go for...black always works, but if i do that it will just look like brake dust...anyone got any ideas for a colour.....not a big red fan either, just something thats subtle but could eventually be used as a colour scheme through out the whole car

Nick Mann
17-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Blue? Dark blue? Always interested in a cunning plan, my lord!

I-S
17-01-2007, 03:24 PM
A rich sort of dark imperial purple works nicely with silver.

MPBVr4
17-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I had a V6-24 with std multi spoke alloys a b**&er to keep clean, brake dust
seemed to stick like s*&t to the proverbial blanket. I would favour a dark metallic blue or dark metallic grey with polished rim. Quite liked the look
of my Enkie's dark grey .......... brake dust coloured./pan

Paul Beazer
17-01-2007, 03:40 PM
How about Subaru gold? /pan

ritch_w
17-01-2007, 04:53 PM
silver or polished lip with a dark met centre (pref with lots of flake to sparkle)

pitslayer
17-01-2007, 06:35 PM
my plan of great cunningness...is i want a set of wheels....cant afford them....but i like the look of the standard multispoke wheels......so if i clean them up...strip them......paint the fronts silver....then the sides of the spokes a different colour, and the little like tear drop bits on the front of the spokes the same colour as what will be on the sides of thespokes.....if that makes any sense....
or do the face a different colour but do the sides of the spokes etc in the silver?

been thinking of like a nice silver on the front, with a platinum/gun metal grey behind it

MPBVr4
17-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Sounds good:2thumbsup
I like the idea of the gun metal grey. I would spray the everything and leave the "tear drop" bit and the rims a bright silver.:happy:

pitslayer
17-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Sounds good:2thumbsup
I like the idea of the gun metal grey. I would spray the everything and leave the "tear drop" bit and the rims a bright silver.:happy:
hmmmmm i see there is someone on the same level as my cunningness..... lol i do like that idea actually.....hmmmmm....could do the centre caps the same, mitsi logo bright silver......