PDA

View Full Version : WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (completely un-vr4 related)..

ariddell
17-01-2007, 11:58 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I say again!!!

Finally had confirmation from the Aussie authorities that my application to take my TVR over with me to Melbourne as a personal import has finally been approved!!!!

Completely and utterly stoked as was getting seriously worried it wouldn't come through/wouldn't happen in time for us as we leave in 3 weeks...

Has completely made my day/week/month so just had to share my happiness..

*hands out bag of happiness to all*

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: /toycar :2thumbsup

HJM
18-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey nice one, huge congratulations :2thumbsup

Best of luck with the move too - let us know how you get on :happy:

J :)

BraindG
18-01-2007, 12:08 AM
weee congrats! whats the costs of getting it over there?

Axeboy
18-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Yup, nice one....

I love it when a plan comes together....

Spirit
18-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Brilliant.....great news :2thumbsup

Would be interested in the cost, same as Barry, if you don't mind sharing with us.

Pete M
18-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey, ariddell, congratulations. Which part of Oz are you heading for? Melbourne eh! Cops there are v hardcore. If you're not in the Northern Territory, banish any thoughts of speeding. Most of Australia is seriously bad news for fast driving, with very heavy fines, serious disqualification, and even car confiscations.

Now, New Zealand is not nearly as bad as that. There's still time to reconsider.
Fond memories of your 86 4.2 Series 3? Hey, I can dig that! Check my sig, almost the ultimate S3 XJ in my garage, had it since '93. Still love it.

Brunty
18-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Great news - glad to here everythings starting to fall into place.

White Lightning
18-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Great news :thumbsup:

I guess there can't be many (if any) TVRs in Australia ?

Nick VR4
18-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Congrats hope all goes to plan :2thumbsup

ariddell
18-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Yep, it was the one last piece of the puzzle that was really starting to worry me so I'm soooo happy now it is sorted.

With regards shipping costs I have a mate who works for a freight forwarding company so we are getting a fantastic rate on the container. Taking a full, dedicated 40ft container, including all port charges, loading fees etc etc but not including the insurance it is coming in at just under 2k GBP end to end taking about 35 days. That way all our household stuff and the car go together and get sealed in properly as opposed to being separated.

If it was just the car that was going you can send it on a roll on, roll off ship for about 800quid, but that way the dock handlers get to drive the car around onto the ship etc which i don't fancy much!

JMO
18-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Awesome give me a PM when you finally arrive, i am in the S.E suburbs of Melbounre, speeding is hard to do, but if you know where you can still strech it's legs. 35 days is good, My Leggie is gunna take 3 months to get from Japan, but that is probly at a much lower price

Throbbe
19-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Result. Not sure if you want the hassle, but you might save even more if you can find a group of euro car enthusiasts in Oz (VW?) that want parts bought over and use up any space in the container.