PDA

View Full Version : Warranties?

zentac
18-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Ive been having a chat with a warranty comany about getting a discount for members, at the moment standard quotes for Galants that are less than 10 years old with less than 80,000 miles on are coming in at £170 per year (there are various levels with cheaper premiums) and covers.... the following with a maximum of £1000 for any 1 claim. Is this something people would be interested in, the more interest I can get the more discount we should be able to get.

ENGINE

All components contained within the cylinder block and head including pistons, rings, crankshaft, big end bearings, manifolds, rocker assembly, timing chains, timing gears, distributor drive.

TURBO UNIT

All components including inlet and exhaust turbine shafts, bearings, bushes, wastegate devices. Turbo cover ceases at 7 years or 80,000 miles (whichever comes sooner).

GEARBOX

All components contained within either manual or automatic transmissions including gears, bearings, clutches.

CLUTCH

All components including clutch plate, clutch cover, thrust bearing and or release bearing. Limited to one clutch repair during the warranty duration.

DIFFERENTIAL

All components including gears, pinions, bearings, shafts.

DRIVE SHAFTS

All components including propshaft, drive shafts, C.V. joints, couplings.

BRAKES

All components including servo units, cylinders, valves.

STEERING

All components on steering systems including power steering units, rams, pumps, reservoirs, steering box..

SUSPENSION

All components including control arms, bushings, ball joints, pins.

BEARINGS

All components including wheel bearings, seals, hubs, flanges, where mechanical breakdown has occurred causing sudden stoppage of their function.

COOLING SYSTEM

All components including radiator (excluding external damage), matrix, water pump, head gasket, thermostat.

VENTILATION

All components including heater assembly vents, tubes, controls.

E.C.U.

All components including solid state control units, triggering units, distributor, coil.

ELECTRICS

All components including motors, solenoids, relays, alternator, starter motor, switches, computers.

FUEL SYSTEM

All components including fuel pump, carburettor, sender units, gauges, air flow meters, accumulator fuel distributor, regulators.

AIR CONDITIONING

All components including compressors, pumps, reservoirs.

LOCKS

All components including regulators, handles, locks, catches (excluding accidental damage).

SEALS

All major oil seals and gaskets.

CASINGS

Casings are covered if they have been damaged by any of the listed parts.

EXCLUSIONS

Cylinder head cracks, damage caused by frost, overheating or as a result of a lack of anti-freeze, all normal maintenance items such as but not limited to plugs, points, filters, breather valves, valve cover, gaskets, plus parts. In car entertainment systems.LPG systems. Normal wear and tear

WildCards
18-01-2007, 06:28 PM
That looks like quite a good warranty for £170 Zentac.

Are they a well known company, what is the likelyhood of them playing silly buggers if you need to claim? Does the policy include parts and labour or parts only? Are there any requirements that need to be fulfilled before a claim can be made?

Sorry for all the questions, I know my dad will be interested and these are all questions he'll ask himself.

zentac
18-01-2007, 07:04 PM
A friend of mine use to run one of the largest warranty companies in the UK, he has now moved to a different up and coming company, although all warranties are underwritten by London General Insurance Company Limited who have underwritten vehicle warranties for over 20 years.

Depending on the level of cover you opt for you it covers

Labour Costs
Parts Cost
Recovery to the garage (maximum £65.00)
Car Hire (If the repairs exceed 8 hours)
VAT

The policy I quoted has a £1000 claim limit per claim, and I dont think you can claim for the same thing twice during the life of your policy, there is a higher claim limit of £2500 which is about £380 per year. Same things are covered but your claim limit is more.

Wodjno
18-01-2007, 08:50 PM
And how do they deal with Modifications and Trackdays and Drag Stipped cars :inquisiti

Rambaud
05-02-2007, 10:58 AM
My 2.4 GDI Galant is 6 years old but has done 116,000 miles.

Would they cover it?

Physician
05-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Obviously wait for Zentac to respond Glenn - but I was considering a different policy/Company last year and as soon as I mentioned Track Days - forget it, wouldn't cover me. :inquisiti

WildCards
05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Obviously wait for Zentac to respond Glenn - but I was considering a different policy/Company last year and as soon as I mentioned Track Days - forget it, wouldn't cover me. :inquisiti

Why was that then, something to do with your age? :thinking:

ANTHONY
05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
i'm just about to renew mine with warrantys direct they want £342.00

zentac
05-02-2007, 07:05 PM
not sure about modifications, I would have to ask

Wodjno
05-02-2007, 07:30 PM
i'm just about to renew mine with warrantys direct they want £342.00

What happened to your Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurvely AVATAR :speechles

ANTHONY
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
What happened to your Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurvely AVATAR :speechlesgot told off from the boss....... hehehe