PDA

View Full Version : UK Car?

Rikki
18-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Spotted this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250073907116&rd=1&rd=1) on eBay and have been in touch with the seller in regards to it however I thought all UK cars had a rear fog in bumper and were auto? Seems nice though :afro:

Kieran
18-01-2007, 05:04 PM
It's probably one of those that's been in the UK from new, but wasn't one of the 'Official' 200 Ralliart-badged imports (which were all Type-S Tips).

What happened was that Extreme (formerly Ralliart UK) and select Ralliart-Approved Mitsubishi dealerships bought in either brand new and/or used grey imports to cover demand. In the case of the new ones, they were often badged 'Ralliart' by the supplying dealer - presumably to ensure consistency (after a fashion) with the 'Official' cars.

From the numberplate on that car, I'd say it's an Extreme car - "AHY" is in their neck of the woods - I think Jimbo's old VR-4 was an AHY too.

/EDIT - the seller says that car's got "Active Diffs".... I don't think it has... THere's no AYC on the dash and it's a manual, so I think it'll be a Type-V.

bradc
18-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Kieran - notice how it has the high vis dash and no AYC? Uc's car is the same, I do remember saying this to you in another thread. It doesn't have the momo + recaro option though.

Axeboy
18-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Mods please delete thread

:)

Damn these hawkeye members

Nick Mann
18-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Manual type V alright. No active diff AFAIK on the type V. It could be a Ralliart car, don't rule it out until you have seen the service documents. Mitsy UK from new cars have a service book with the dealer stamps in, including the 1000 mile check and often a pre-delivery inspection check. The foglight is a good indication, but not absolute.

Roadrunner
18-01-2007, 09:23 PM
The foglight is a good indication, but not absolute.
My car is a pukka Ralliart one and doesn't have the fog light in the bumper :) And I was told by a local dealer who was selling Ralliart VR-4s a few years ago when I bought my first VR-4 that there were four Type-Vs in the 200 cars brought in by Ralliart. No Ralliart badge on the back of this car though, but no VR-4 badge either, so probably means nothing. Ralliart-supplied cars have the sun-visor warnings in English (with a Ralliart logo) rather than Japanese, but they're not visible in the photos.

ritch_w
18-01-2007, 10:20 PM
the ralliart saloon i had did NOT have the fog light in bumper - had uk spec lights fitted.
i think it was some estates (not all...) had the fog light in bumper.

as Brian says - ralliart stickers on drivers door & sunvisors are a giveaway, as well as colt car company stamps in a ralliart service book ;)

Nick Mann
19-01-2007, 11:32 AM
i think it was some estates (not all...) had the fog light in bumper.

Agreed, see quadals car for an example, but also the same foglight on many saloons, eg, Brunty, Jimbo, Spirit. I'm sure there are more, but my memory is none-too-clever...!!

Rikki
19-01-2007, 12:14 PM
I was really just making sure the car is what it says it is, as I am considering buying it, so cheers to everyone who has answered :) Few things to sort out first though before I make any move on it.

Axeboy
19-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Rikki, I had my eye on this, are you serious in buying?

If so, I'll back off... last thing we want is interclub pikey fighting... :)

Or do we....

Kieran
19-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Axeboy appears to be the UK BradC! Man O'many VR-4s!:speechles

Rikki
19-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Rikki, I had my eye on this, are you serious in buying?

If so, I'll back off... last thing we want is interclub pikey fighting... :)

Or do we....

ooooh fighting :evilgrin:

i have enquired about it but its a matter of acquiring the temp finance more than like/dislike. dont back off on my account.

EDIT. Have had a change of heart and ultimately a possible change of job so I will not be pursueing this further. Fire away Axe lol

Axeboy
19-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Im only going for it if it stays reasonably cheap...

So, if you are remotely keen, just say so. :)

Rikki
19-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Im only going for it if it stays reasonably cheap...

So, if you are remotely keen, just say so. :)

from the way dave (the seller) worded his replies to me, I get the impression anything above the starting price he'll take. Contact him and make him an offer :)

EDIT// Appears to be sold now

Axeboy
19-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Booooooo!

Brunty
19-01-2007, 08:16 PM
£4,000 - someones done well!