PDA

View Full Version : Front Brakes

mick
19-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I NEED TO CHANGE THE FRONT BRAKE BADS ON MY LEGNUM CAN YOU JUST PUSH THE PISTONS BACK IN TO THE CALIPERS OR DO YOU HAVE TO OUSH THEM BACK WITH A TOOL.
I WOULD WPPERICATE ANY ADVICE YOU CAN OFFER
CHEERS /help

BraindG
19-01-2007, 02:35 PM
open, the cap on brake fluid reservoir then use a g-clamp to push calipers back in...

should do the trick.

White Lightning
19-01-2007, 02:45 PM
I managed to do it with two suitable sized pieces of wood. One laying flat across the two pistons and then used the other as a lever. Worked ok for me but then I guess it depends how free the pistons are.

Paul Beazer
19-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Yep pushing them back in with whatever lever you can, a G clamp is a goos option. At least you dont have to screw them back in like some!
When pushing pistions back, i always try and press the pedal a couple of times (gently!) with the pads out, just to free up the pistions a bit. You can get a bit of corrsion on them over time and moving them in and out a couple of times helps them free up. Just dont overdo the pedal pushing otherwise you'll pop the pistons out! Less is more, if you catch my drift!

Kenneth
19-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I found the easiest way was to use the old pad and a g clamp. clamp on the inside of the old pad and the outside of the caliper and just wind that biatch in

Wodjno
19-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I found the easiest way was to use the old pad and a g clamp. clamp on the inside of the old pad and the outside of the caliper and just wind that biatch in
Slight variation to the above method :happy:

Old pad and a big pair of grips :scholar:

Kieran
19-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I use one of these, combined with the old pad to spead the force evenly across both brake pistons.

http://www.lasertools.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=0&item=3178

BraindG
19-01-2007, 11:41 PM
Slight variation to the above method :happy:

Old pad and a big pair of grips :scholar:

cunning :):scholar:

Wodjno
20-01-2007, 12:05 AM
cunning :):scholar:

Or a Bit of Wood or the Handle of a Hammer or a big Spanner or a or ar a /help