Wodjno
20-01-2007, 12:07 AM
:iloveyou: THANK YOU ANDY :iloveyou:

Kieran
20-01-2007, 12:08 AM
What's Florence NightingLucas been up to now?:inquisiti

Nutter_John
20-01-2007, 12:10 AM
Shown him how to setup a emanage ???? /lol ;)

BraindG
20-01-2007, 12:13 AM
reveal oh glenn :scholar:

Wodjno
21-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Sorry for the delay answering /pan

Well it go's like this :inquisiti

It's Also Sorry as well as Thank You :speechles

Both Andy and Myself are presently in the need of a good kick up the backside to get ourselves upwardly mobile and start completeting many of the job's we have to do on our vehicles !!

Was the tuther day when we was having a little chat that we decided it would be a good idea to club together and do the job's as a team. Hoping this will motivate each other. Although with talking and copius amounts of coffee being drunk while the work would be taking place. It would still actually be GETTING done rather than not at all /pan

So i arranged with Andy to meet at mine on Thursday afternoon to make a start on some of the Jobs. Thursday afternoon came and there was a knock at the door and as arranged it was Andy. I had only been out of bed 15mins and Andy not much longer :thinking: As i had just finished my Stint of 12hr Nights and Andy was in the Middle of his 7 8hr nights /help

First things first we had a coffee and then a chat and i think then another coffee /pan Then i said right lets make a start ... So into the garge we went, to find the usual Unbelievably messy, dirty dis-organised chaos, that is my garage. After a bit of searching i found the oil we needed, then i tried to find the filter Couldn't find it anywhere /Grrr
So i said to Andy "We'll crack on with summat else But looking around at the state of the garage, :stars: i was beginning to think that this idea was a dead loss And i was right /wall
So we decided to call it a day :inquisiti

So here come the Sorry ! "SORRY ANDY" for dragging you out of your pit all just to stand in my garage and feel depressed.. :skull: Cos thats how i felt.. /pan
So i said to Andy the first thing that needs doing is for me to clear out all the crap in the garage and put some organisation back into it. So that when we come to do a Job, we will be able to find everthing we need /yes

"BUT" would it ever happen :inquisiti Well if it wasn't for Andy saying that he would come round again on the Friday to inspect the garage, then i don't think it would have happened!!! But as i had already let Andy down once(And that's once to many) I sure as hell wasn't going to let him down again... /TTTH

So with that to spur me on :iloveyou: Friday came and out i went into the garage and had a Bloody good clearout and tidy :thumbsup:
It was hard going and at points during, i nearly gave up:thinking: But kept at it !!

And now /thankyou THANX to ANDY /thankyou i now have a very very tidy garage that is organised and also has a new arrival:scholar:
With some of the money i received for my Birthday, i went and purchased myself a new toolbox to organise the Multitude of tools that i have !

I spent half an hour fitting it out with Non Slip matting and now most of my tools are nicely organised , so i can get exactly what i want, when i want /Banana

So there it is !!

Now i can start on the jobs, without losing my rag before i've started cos i can't find Duck All.

Thanx again Andy for giving the :rifle: Up the Arse i needed :iloveyou:

White Lightning
21-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Nice one Glenn :thumbsup:

It makes HUGE difference having your tools well sorted and a nice tool box.

I must admit I hate things being untidy. In fact I'm going to go and tidy up a bit in my garage shortly before putting the cars away for the night ...

Wodjno
21-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Hopefuly this should keep me organised :pimp2:

Kieran
21-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Very nice!:afro:

stuartturbo
21-01-2007, 09:11 PM
mine unfortunately at work but it does make the world of difference knowing where tools are i come home an since i have no garage it's in no order what so ever.
mate has the XJ220 jag snap on box lovely but to many £££££££'s for me.

Wodjno
22-01-2007, 01:06 PM
At the moment :inquisiti When you open the drawers of my New tool box, it looks like the intrument tray in an Operating Theatre.. :evilgrin: All nice and neatly placed tools in size order and all nice and shiny as i cleaned them all with WD40 before placing then in there respective positions :scholar:

Wonder how long that wil last /Grrr

enigma
22-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Wonder how long that wil last /Grrr

Until you start using them

Wodjno
22-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Until you start using them

I've promised myself that i will put them back exactly where they came from :undecided

I have few more tools to purchase to add to my collection, with the Burfday Money i have left.. So hopefully by the weekend it will be fully stocked :afro:

enigma
22-01-2007, 01:33 PM
I've promised myself that i will put them back exactly where they came from :undecided

I have few more tools to purchase to add to my collection, with the Burfday Money i have left.. So hopefully by the weekend it will be fully stocked :afro:

I lasted about 4 months, then Rich brought his FTO round for the conversion and its not been the same since!

Having said that its only the socket set, spanners and screwdrivers that have found a new home on the floor next to the Capri......but I do know exactly where to find them /pan

Wodjno
22-01-2007, 01:46 PM
I lasted about 4 months, then Rich brought his FTO round for the conversion and its not been the same since!

Having said that its only the socket set, spanners and screwdrivers that have found a new home on the floor next to the Capri......but I do know exactly where to find them /pan

In the 5 years i have lived in this house.. I have re-organised the garage about a half a dozen times :inquisiti Each time to a level where theres a place for Everything and Everything in it's place :pimp2: But what is it with the Logic of.. It will be quicker for me just to lob this spanner on the floor than it will be to go and put it back where it belongs, as i'll only have to go and get it again in 10 mins :thinking: But when 10 mins comes along, the spanner cannot be found anywhere.. So the hunting starts and then the furrowed brow and then the swearing and when you do eventually find it your in no fit mental state to be taking on a very tight bolt. As you shove the spanner on it and with 1 almighty thrust churn all the edges of the nut off /Grrr

So i think i will be putting them back where they belong /rally

White Lightning
23-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I find the best thing to do is put the tools away at the end of the day. If you start leaving things lying around it'll just get worse /pan

Kieran
23-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I generally tidy up after each session - However, quite often I have to abandon because of bad weather - and that's when the 'lob it all in' tactic comes in and means I can find NOTHING for the next few weeks!/pan

Wodjno
23-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I generally tidy up after each session - However, quite often I have to abandon because of bad weather - and that's when the 'lob it all in' tactic comes in and means I can find NOTHING for the next few weeks!/pan

Thats what i am hoping the New Tool Box will stop me doing :inquisiti

Otherwise i've wasted a ****load of money i could have spent on something else for the VR :thinking: Or on Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer :5shots:

Is anyone else as Disorganised and Messy as Me :inquisiti Or is it just Me :speechles

Kieran
23-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Is anyone else as Disorganised and Messy as Me :inquisiti Or is it just Me :speechles

/Dreads Alex reading this thread...:uhoh2: :uhoh2:

BraindG
23-01-2007, 07:08 PM
im quite bad /Elmo

Dont know if you've seen it, but got a black tool box, where all my tools live, it gets emptied all over floor looking for something, and it all gets chucked back in again when im done. that, or they get chucked in house somewhere, or in garage... or generally anywhere im close to when i finish doing what im doing.

Wodjno
23-01-2007, 09:06 PM
im quite bad /Elmo

Dont know if you've seen it, but got a black tool box, where all my tools live, it gets emptied all over floor looking for something, and it all gets chucked back in again when im done. that, or they get chucked in house somewhere, or in garage... or generally anywhere im close to when i finish doing what im doing.

I really wish i'd took a Pic of my Garage before i started the clear up :speechles

psbarham
23-01-2007, 09:12 PM
oh you mean the krypton factor style workshop , complete with wheelbarrow of doom waiting to catapult a GDI engine at you /pan /pan

Wodjno
23-01-2007, 09:14 PM
oh you mean the krypton factor style workshop , complete with wheelbarrow of doom waiting to catapult a GDI engine at you /pan /pan

Err ! Yeah :speechles That would be the one /pan

You wouldn't recognise it now Paul :scholar:

When you picking up ya Flat Bottom :inquisiti

And ya Bull Head :thinking:

The Vee
23-01-2007, 09:21 PM

;) /TTTH

Wodjno
23-01-2007, 10:24 PM
;) /TTTH

At least all your tools are in 1 Box :speechles

stuartturbo
23-01-2007, 10:30 PM
At least all your tools are in 1 Box :speechles

I only ever put my tool in one box don't want to risk losing it :evilgrin: /haz

Kieran
23-01-2007, 10:56 PM

/Devil5

Wodjno
23-01-2007, 11:25 PM

Well as long as the box you put your tool in, is small and tight :thinking: You shouldn't have a problem with losing it /pan