PDA

View Full Version : Disc change query

g8legnum
21-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Following on from my thread in general chat, I have now ordered a pair of Rossini discs to go on the front of my V6 Sport estate. Just to make sure I'm prepped up, I had a look at my CD copy of the workshop manual on what is involved in removing the discs from the hub. Because I could find no specific instructions, /help can anyone please clarify if my supposition is correct that having removed the caliper, the disc can just be pulled of the wheel studs?

psbarham
21-01-2007, 10:29 AM
easy as an easy thing this job
1 jack up car safely and secure
2 remove wheel
3 undo 2 17mm bolts that hold caliper bracket onto hub carrier
4 pull off disc
5 fit new disc
6 put every thing back on and put car on ground , check wheel nuts (100Nm)

g6acb
21-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I changed mine yesterday - and while the disc wasn't stuck fast to the hub, it would not pull off, nor would it be persuaded to come of with a hammer....

I had to leg it to the autospares place and pick up some M8 x 40 bolts and screw them in to the smaller holes in the disc until they made contact with the hub face - then alternatley advance the screws, pushing the disc over the hub

I found that doing this knackers the thread on the bolt, so its kind of a one time gig for the bolts - so you may need 4!!

g8legnum
21-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll make sure I've got the M8 bolts just in case mine are as stuck as yours were, g6acb. Just hope the weather will be kind to me next weekend, as this will be an outside job. (Got a double garage but can't get the car in either bit - how cr@p is that, please?)

Kieran
21-01-2007, 04:39 PM
(Got a double garage but can't get the car in either bit - how cr@p is that, please?)

That is very pants! How come it won't fit in?:inquisiti

g8legnum
21-01-2007, 06:07 PM
One side is only half length (kitchen utility filling the front half) with workbench creating a narrow entrance, the other side has my folding camper parked in front (and now in winter storage mode) and all the junk still left from our move to the house 12 months ago. One day I'll get it sorted so a garage is used as a garage - just like one day I'll get my VR4

g6acb
21-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Folding camper = temporary garage????

g8legnum
22-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Folding camper = temporary garage???? Nice idea, but front garden/access to garages is very small. Logical move would be to put camper in front of short garage, but doing this would block access to full garage - so at the moment I'm stymied for undercover storage or workplace. /Grrr C'est la vie !!!