PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Bagofsand
24-11-2003, 07:56 AM
Who offers the best insurance deals? Has anyone gone with Adrian Flux? did you get the 15% off for being a club member?

enigma
24-11-2003, 08:52 AM
I found Adrian Flux good for me with all my mods, but they didn't give the discount.

Heres how it works..............

OK we can do it for £100000000000 and give you a 15% discount or there is another company that is cheaper without the discount and it will only be £900. Its up to you sir.

zedy1
24-11-2003, 09:39 AM
is that the small print dave :D

Roadrunner
24-11-2003, 05:00 PM
The Policy Shop (http://www.policyshop-insurance.co.uk/cgi-bin/PolicyShop.storefront) give me great service at a good price :)

Spirit
24-11-2003, 07:54 PM
I am with Adrian Flux also but joined them before the discount became available - after hearing some not so good comments on here about them I will certainly look around when my renewal is due

simpsonm
24-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Hmm I rang the policy shop, they told me that the companies that they deal with are on a downer for some reason with our wonderful car and premiums are starting to rise. I got mine with Admiral in the end. 12 months, protects NCB, 4 years NCB for £1037.

Brind
24-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Adrian Flux offered the cheepest we could find, mods that I have weren't really that interesting to them so they didn't hike up the premium.
All insurance companies will do what they can to prevent having to pay out and they are all really as bad as each other!!.
I'm with CIS on my other car and they are pretty good but when my dad was with them it took weeks to get the no claims proof from them to present to the new insurance company he is with and they even started to get ****ty and threatened to cancel the policy when CIS couldn't be arsed to do somethng as simple as give written proof of no claims.

Spirit
25-11-2003, 12:09 AM
I agree most of them are the same, however must applaud Direct Line who I was with before - very efficient in all aspects INSERT INTO post VALUES (even with my refund when I switched to Adrian Flux)

zedy1
25-11-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
I agree most of them are the same, however must applaud Direct Line who I was with before - very efficient in all aspects INSERT INTO post VALUES (even with my refund when I switched to Adrian Flux)

as advertised on tv :D

Roadrunner
25-11-2003, 09:20 AM
from spirit979
... must applaud Direct Line ...
So Direct Line will provide cover for an import VR-4??! :confused: :headsc: Have they changed their policy? - wouldn't touch my previous import Legacy RS-B so I didn't even ask them this time around.

Brian

Jamo
25-11-2003, 10:12 AM
Admiral for me this second VR-4 year. My first year was with Hyperformance at £1097 INSERT INTO post VALUES (give or take a few quid, but I can't be bothered to root through my paperwork just now). This year, based on advice off this very forum INSERT INTO post VALUES (because it keeps saving me money); I went with Admiral at about £690. And I felt MUCH more comfortable with all their paperwork and details than I ever did with Hyperformance, who just sent cover note after cover note. Plus their guys all knew the car right away.

I got quotes from Adrian Flux around £900 and Direct Line around £760 if I remember correctly.

peterernest
25-11-2003, 12:39 PM
I've been insuring our cars with Bell Direct for years now. At renewal most alternative insurers can't touch them.

On my recent accident INSERT INTO post VALUES (in my VR4) they didn't seem too annoyed at my innocently undisclosed modifications!

Norwich Union Direct 'Quoted us Happy' at renewal of our 206 Cabriolet last month so got that business.

In both cars recent renwals Adrian Flux quoted premiums that were embarrasingly high.

Nick Mann
25-11-2003, 08:44 PM
I upgraded to the VR4 less than halfway through the insurance year. I am with Direct Line. INSERT INTO post VALUES (couldn't believe they were the best for the V6-24, but I couldn't beat them!) I had done a full years quote with a few internet companies, and Direct Line were the best, but they demanded a tracker to insure me. I phoned a few, and Admiral beat direct line and adrian flux by about £200! I then went on to the Direct Line website and discovered that I could upgrade my insurance for the VR4 and they didn't ask about a tracker. So currently still with them, although expecting to move to Admiral in the summer.

Didn't Speak to Bell Direct, though, who seem to get a lot of recommendations here.

dcuk
26-11-2003, 12:27 AM
QUOTE: So Direct Line will provide cover for an import VR-4??! Have they changed their policy? - wouldn't touch my previous import Legacy RS-B so I didn't even ask them this time around.

Yeah Direct Line do import VR4, but it is quite expensive... they ask for 1700 whereas Adrian Flux want 1200. Though Direct Line provide good services.

Roadrunner
26-11-2003, 01:02 AM
OK, thanks. I think I'll stick with The Policy Shop and their extremely reasonable £555 premium :)

Spirit
26-11-2003, 03:03 AM
As confirmed Direct Line do cover the VR4 but I had to have a tracker fitted. The only reason I swapped to Adrian Flux was my mods. DL want approx £80 per additional 10bhp !

zedy1
26-11-2003, 03:11 AM
80 quid per 10 bhp f11ck thats £1360 extra for me then :Cry1:

Spirit
26-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by zedy1
80 quid per 10 bhp f11ck thats £1360 extra for me then :Cry1:

Reckon Direct Line would **** themselves if you called them mate:D

zedy1
26-11-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
Reckon Direct Line would **** themselves if you called them mate:D