PDA

View Full Version : Bright Headlights

Futera
22-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Seeing as it was along weekend here in wellington, i made a night trip with a few friends up to taupo for a swim in a free thermal pool they knew about, left wellington around 12.00pm got to taupo about 3.30am

Needless to say the roads were pretty dead as it was a Sunday so was a pretty easy trip.

Any way as it was night time i had my fog lights and my normal beams on, and every car that I went past felt the need to flash me, at first i thought there must be a cop/crash/camera up ahead, but no they just kept coming and flashing even the trucks were doing it! I stopped to check if anything was wrong with front of the car but everything was in working order.

So I'm putting it down to that they must have thought i had my high beams on, so everytime some one would flash me i would flash them back showing they wernt on. or if i knew a car was coming i would wait till they were in view before i dipped my beams so they knew i had. BUT PEOPLE WOULD STILL FLASH ME!!!!

By the time i got to taupo i was starting to get peeved, at every single car flashing for no reason.

Question; has this happened to you or do i just have over powered head lights or something?

Spirit
22-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Question; has this happened to you or do i just have over powered head lights or something?

Well I have HID's and I don't get flashed.....I would get your alignment checked out !

g6acb
22-01-2007, 11:43 PM
a few friends

Not wanting to throw wild accusations about the size of your friends :inquisiti - but a car full of people, especially a back seat full, will raise the front of your car enough to raise the aim of your headlights

UK spec cars have a 5 position wheel to lower and raise the aim - dont know if this applies to VR4's though

Spirit
22-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Nah the VR4's don't have it......but good thinking you may well be right.

Roadrunner
22-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Any way as it was night time i had my fog lights and my normal beams on
Might have been just because you had your foglights on when it wasn't foggy ... ;)

Paul Beazer
23-01-2007, 12:18 AM
People never use foglights unless its foggy!

(Unless your car has 'cort or 'orsa in iits name)

bradc
23-01-2007, 04:56 AM
over here almost everyone uses their foglights as driving lights. it doesn't really get foggy often here in NZ.

Gly
23-01-2007, 05:10 AM
lol,

had people flashing me in the rear view after over taking them.

ive got hids, and they were aimed to high,
but it didnt help that my car was fully loaded either

bradc
23-01-2007, 06:23 AM
your headlights are terrible! Thats why I let you pass when we were coming back from Kenneths :)

Gly
23-01-2007, 10:03 AM
yep i know, ive adjusted them down now, LOL!

You See
23-01-2007, 10:33 AM
your headlights are terrible! Thats why I let you pass when we were coming back from Kenneths :)
You're lucky I wasn't following you too, I wouldn't of passed you! >|

d i c k i e s
23-01-2007, 10:40 AM
i never get flashed. ive got the hids aswell. but yeah, never happened to me.

but the hids are cool, alot brighter than standard/normal headlights. i think hids are equal to a standard car being on high beam. i dont know?

Roadrunner
24-01-2007, 12:52 AM
i think hids are equal to a standard car being on high beam. i dont know?
Try high beam HIDs as well as dipped beam ones then! Oooh, daylight! :D

VR4 MAD
24-01-2007, 01:15 AM
yep i know, ive adjusted them down now, LOL!

Me too..........I had my HIDs adjusted down as I was getting flashed by everyone. Don't get flashed much at all anymore.

Also they don't have the 'reach' now that they had before, which I really miss. Great being able to see clearly for miles down the road........oh well, the sacrifices one has to make.

Try high beam HIDs as well as dipped beam ones then! Oooh, daylight! :D

:evilgrin: Been thinking that would be the way to go...............:satan:

/toycar

detonate
24-01-2007, 02:44 AM
I get flashed quite frequently with just my standard bulbs.
I guessed they needed to be aimed down a tad, but the WOF guys didn't say anything. ohwell, I don't have to stare at my own headlights /pan

VR4 MAD
24-01-2007, 03:17 AM
I guessed they needed to be aimed down a tad, but the WOF guys didn't say anything.

Same here............passed WOFs OK more than a couple of times. It was only when I mentioned that they should be checked that they got adjusted.

/pan

Subaru ETA
24-01-2007, 06:37 AM
i got those ultra white bulbs. isometimes get flashed with my foglights on but meh, tough ****... i check my headlight alignment at every service so i know its bang on!

Robotnik123
31-01-2007, 12:40 AM
over here almost everyone uses their foglights as driving lights. it doesn't really get foggy often here in NZ.

I try never to use my fog lamps unless there is actually fog. Anyway where I live in Wellington, I reckon I see really thick pea-soup fog maybe once a month.

Spader
31-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Does anyone know if there is a kit to change from normal lights to HIDs, or would it be alot more involved than that?

pitslayer
31-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Might have been just because you had your foglights on when it wasn't foggy ... ;)
lol i agree. i do use my foglights on the country road home because it gets very dark in places, but if i see a car, they go off