PDA

View Full Version : Auto Box internal oil filter ?

Pedaal
26-01-2007, 06:04 PM
ok i know its the second thread with same question but now its in right place and first went OT.

now the problem

I have 1997 Legnum VR4 with AutoBox. There is two filter, external and internal. With external filter "no problemos" but internal is question.
I have 1 filter kit shown there - http://www.album.ee/?o=292421223
what is for: Sigma (all), Galant (2,4 and 2,5 `96 and up), 3000GT, Eclipse 4WD, Space Wagon (4WD `92-`96).

is it fit for VR4 too or isnt?

i´m trying to change box oil with filters but in Estonia i dont have parts for vr4 in place and order time is .... who know how long.
One dealer said that filter for VR4 costs 3 times more then usual galant filter (they dont know what is differen or not) part code is different but that dont mean the filter self is diferent .... or ?

Meelis

Kieran
27-01-2007, 03:49 AM
I've looked up the filter part number and it's MD758684 according to CAPS.

Now, be careful.... Some manufacturers list this part number and the filter is very different to the one inside the gearbox.

The VR-4's internal filter looks similar to this one - open this page and look for the Diamante 3.5 filter.... I'm not sure if it's exactly the same but it's similar:

http://infinitelic.com/product/autotranfilter/7-MITSUBISHI.htm

Having seen and held one of these filters when we stripped Nick Mann's gearbox, that filter you have there won't fit I'm afraid.

Also.... Removing the internal filter on these cars is a pig. You can't get to it by removing the gearbox sump.... Or at least, we've not worked out a way yet. The only way to get to it seems to be to remove the gearbox and take off the bellhousing. It's a lot of work.

Pedaal
27-01-2007, 09:35 AM
/Grrr and i was almost in garage

Pedaal
27-01-2007, 03:45 PM
made some search and found that:

1. yes i have wrong filter /pan
2. Part no. MD758684 as Kieran said is the right and its from `96 - apr. `99 it looks way different then usual Galant filter.
3. same part no. and different manufacturer - diffrent product /duh

4. found that is the good one :scholar: our official Mitsubishi dealer have the right filtre in store /Poms the bad thing is the PRICE ~80 £ what is 3 times high then other galant filter ???

question: one hint is that pajero auto box filter is with same part code and price is better. is the filter same or not ??