PDA

View Full Version : Water

andy43
29-01-2007, 08:52 PM
If you get a speedo that does zero to 150 mph and every speed in between, bouncing up and down like a jack-in-the-box, it'll make the autobox go into fault/safe mode (flashing 'N', crap shifts or stuck in third gear) - box must use speedo as car speed reference for smooth shifting? This may make you cry as you may think your gearbox is sh@gged.

Reason: big multiplug back right (as you face the car - passenger side) of the engine bay, with orange release clip, that plugs into what I think is the ABS unit, will be all soggy wet - unplug, dry out, plug back in, and swear never ever ever to remove leaves out of grille between wiper arms with a hosepipe AGAIN. EVER. /Grrr

BraindG
29-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Ooopsie! Never heard of that happen Andy :p

Did you figure that out yourself? dont want to sound pretentious or anything, just wondering if you had to take it somewhere to find that out.

andy43
29-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Nope, doesn't sound pretentious, you're talking to the muppet who stood there with a hosepipe on full blast over his engine bay for about five minutes and didn't expect anything important to get wet /pan
Figured it out all by myself :gleaming-halo-smiley: any satisfaction in fault-finding without the aid of a MUT was kinda cancelled out by the sheer idiocy that caused it :thinking:
And this is about 100 miles after a new battery as well, so it's been shifting like a donkey since the ecu reset itsself - I really thought I broke it today :5shots:

Paul Beazer
29-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Someone else having battery traumas, my sypathies. Mine managed to spill acid in the boot! /grr

Nick VR4
29-01-2007, 10:37 PM
Ohh makes note not to use the pressure washer to much near the wiper blades and grill

BraindG
29-01-2007, 10:38 PM
nice find then Andy, not sure i would have figured that out.. :pimp2:

I bet your relieved though.. nothing worse than that sinking feeling you've fecked it. :speechles

stuartturbo
29-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Ohh makes note not to use the pressure washer to much near the wiper blades and grill
also good for ruining tyre side walls too apparently

BraindG
29-01-2007, 10:44 PM
also good for ruining tyre side walls too apparently
yeah? didnt know that :thinking: :inquisiti

stuartturbo
29-01-2007, 10:48 PM
when used in close can weaken the internal structure

http://www.carpages.co.uk/news/pressure-washers-18-01-07.asp