PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Mirrors

BraindG
30-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Following on from this (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=220325&postcount=22) post by Paul.

...............carbon mirrors :smug: which im still undecided about fitting if I cant somehow make em electric like the standard ones.

I've always wanted a set of carbon mirrors, but hesitated purchasing them because of the same concerns Paul's has.

Seeing as you have them there Paul, would you be able to feed my curiosity? (or anyone that has them for that matter)

What's the size comparison of the body?
Does it look like you can move the electric motors from the main one, and place them into the carbon fibre ones?

Out of interest, would you be able to take a photo top down of the mirrors side by side?

Do you think its possible to transplant the electric motor?

Sorry for all the questions :(

caishanvr4
30-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I would take a picture but the mirrors aint at my house atm :embarasse
Will pick them up later in the week and take pix for you.

BraindG
30-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Cool, thank you..

its not something im wanting to do now, or indeed at all.. its just I have always had a soft spot for these mirrors, and seeing as you have both (or will do) in the same place would be a good opportunity to feed my curiosity.

Thanks again!

Nutter_John
30-01-2007, 12:14 PM
depending on the size difference between the two types of mirror you may be able to transplant the motors/control etc onto the carbon ones , think it all depends on the amount of space behind the mirror etc . The electrics would be str8 forward to do