PDA

View Full Version : Milton Keynes

andy43
01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm getting around a bit :smoking: New York, Stockport, Milan, Milton Keynes, well maybe not ALL of those
Dark blue R-plate VR4 wagon, centre of Milton Keynes while I was wandering about looking for somewhere to eat, did pull alongside you but you only beeped when I'd given up and turned right at the lights /Wave

Tell you what, stuff all this Nurburgring malarkey, get your VR4 along to Milton Keynes, NSL virtually everywhere, with roundybouts every 1/4 mile - /rally
VR4 heaven.

dogwagon
02-02-2007, 03:23 AM
I'm getting around a bit :smoking: New York, Stockport, Milan, Milton Keynes, well maybe not ALL of those
Dark blue R-plate VR4 wagon, centre of Milton Keynes while I was wandering about looking for somewhere to eat, did pull alongside you but you only beeped when I'd given up and turned right at the lights /Wave

Tell you what, stuff all this Nurburgring malarkey, get your VR4 along to Milton Keynes, NSL virtually everywhere, with roundybouts every 1/4 mile - /rally
VR4 heaven.

WOW!
It's not often that MK gets a recommendation for Tourists!!

The car you spotted wasnt me, but it's interesting , as a mate keeps thinking he has seen me around MK, when it wasnt me ... must be 2 VR4's in the area!

You are right, Dual Carriageways + roundabouts = FUN FUN FUN !
though after a recent Brush with a White Van With Rear Doors Open near the Hospital, I accelerate to max 75 between roundabouts ... a driving Licence is a handy accessory to VR4 Ownership!!!
oh & to prospective Tourists ... take gr8 care on the A5 Dual Carriageway which splits MK in two ... as there are often Tourist Catchers parked on the numerous bridges above the A5'D'

if any tourists wish to pay Homage to the Roundabout Capital of the Western World on Tues night (6th feb) there is a Jap Car park & pose meeting at ASDA 9.00pm , moving to IKEA's well lit covered car park at 10.00
Last month was the first meet ... 40 odd Jap cars + other interesting cars too.
Low key.
Minimal Showboating.
photo Session.
only one VR4 last time ... unfortunately a dirty VR4, so i suppose i better clean it this time!
I see this 2nd meet is on a couple of forums i visit ... should be quite a Big One this time!

stuey
02-02-2007, 03:53 AM
I'm in central MK working, last saturday night of most months......

andy43
02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
WOW!
It's not often that MK gets a recommendation for Tourists!!

Erm, it's great
just stay in the car
:happy:
I'll be there again a couple of times in Feb, so will be watching out for those vans - ta for that - I think when they designed the place, they thought cars wouldn't be able to get over 70 between roundabouts, hence the NSL.... whoops, then along comes the VR4 :speechles

Throbbe
02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Erm, it's great
just stay in the car
:happy:
I'll be there again a couple of times in Feb, so will be watching out for those vans - ta for that - I think when they designed the place, they thought cars wouldn't be able to get over 70 between roundabouts, hence the NSL.... whoops, then along comes the VR4 :speechles

[planning anorak]
It was originally intended to have housing along the grid system with 30/40 limits and signals/priority junctions at all the interchanges. The 'squares' would then be green space between the grids of housing.
[/planning anorak]