PDA

View Full Version : Ford Falcon

Robotnik123
02-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Just wondering, how would an unmodified tiptronic Legnum VR-4 run against an Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo? A RWD car with 240kW or more at the crank. I may need to deal to a colleague who has been bragging about how great his Falcon is.

mpau009
02-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Just wondering, how would an unmodified tiptronic Legnum VR-4 run against an Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo? A RWD car with 240kW or more at the crank. I may need to deal to a colleague who has been bragging about how great his Falcon is.

I had a go on a gentle straight downhill near where i live, he came round the corner in front of me, and got the drop on me a little, but once on boost i pegged him back a bit until 90/100k, after about 150 though he started to pull away slowly (until we got to the 90 degree bend..) I was surprised with how well he took the corner though, barely any difference, then my stupidity radar told me this was getting stupid and i backed off.

I was running .9bar (161w/kW), and after that my clutch hasnt been the same..

Was fun though, but on stock boost i think it probably would have made some distance

GroundControl
02-02-2007, 01:42 AM
I have a mate with an XR6T. Versus a stock VR4 I think the XR6 has a little more pull in a straight line, but the VR4 can go around corners quicker.

Haven't actually given it a good test mind you :)

Rossco Type-S
02-02-2007, 05:25 AM
They only do 0-100 in mid 6s so we would beat them from a standing start. At higher speeds we would need modifications to keep up. My old VR4 with a Mine's chip absolutley destroyed a BA MkII XR8.

bradc
02-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Off the mark and around corners we would have the advantage quite comfortably :)

JMO
02-02-2007, 12:40 PM
All the XR6T drivers i've sean are to weak to give it some, i have tried to line a couple of them up in my 180sx and they don't try, and once i get the leggie they will think it's just a Magna wagon :P

StunEm
02-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Be careful when taking on those XR6 turbos, I work on fords and those guys that drive them like spending money on improving the performance. Cold air induction and mild cat back exhaust jumps them to 270kW. The change in power is very noticeable from stock.

*** Police drive undercover falcons ***

Word of warning before racing and beating one.:2thumbsup

Rossco Type-S
02-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Be careful when taking on those XR6 turbos, I work on fords and those guys that drive them like spending money on improving the performance. Cold air induction and mild cat back exhaust jumps them to 270kW. The change in power is very noticeable from stock.

*** Police drive undercover falcons ***

Word of warning before racing and beating one.:2thumbsup

They also run such low boost, that huge gains can be made by increasing it.

JMO
02-02-2007, 11:42 PM
And the stock coolers look like they should be on a gt starlet, our cops always seam to be in unmarked SS or better VE commo's, only the best for our boys in blue

ShadyNZer
03-02-2007, 06:09 AM
those bloody ford turbs were draggin outside work a couple weekends ago, a orange and silver one, see them all the time too....but they got smoked by an evo :thumbsup: which was choice