26-11-2003, 03:40 AM
We are growing ....

<marquee>fast</marquee>

Spirit
26-11-2003, 03:47 AM
Can't see it by Xmas mate - maybe by March/April 2004 :Ponder:

KiwiTT
26-11-2003, 04:10 AM
Is the membership accelerating. I see the high number of guests / bots. The more this site is shown on other sites "google", et.al. the more will come.

Rember a week or 2 ago it was up to 17 active users, now 60-70 active users. This must have a positive outcome.

BraindG
26-11-2003, 07:23 AM
yeah, but most of the guests are the bots sipdering the website.. once they have gone. it weill drop back down to 17 guests or so..

BraindG
26-11-2003, 07:27 AM
oh, and i dont think we'll hit 1000 by xmas.. would have to go with petes timescale

enigma
26-11-2003, 08:29 AM
But what about paid up members? Are these increasing also?

Spirit
26-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Come to a grinding halt to be honest Dave - so far 31 fully paid members but none for a week or so :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

ReggieK
26-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by spirit979
Come to a grinding halt to be honest Dave - so far 31 fully paid members but none for a week or so :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Why don't you reduce the number of forums available to non paid up members. It seems to me that the only forum I can't get into is the CLUB VR4 MEMBERS ONLY one INSERT INTO post VALUES (and I have paid - just waiting for access) that might tempt a few others who have forgotten :D Nudge, nudge, wink, wink....

I mean if all you don't get access to is 1 forum why bother joining? I know we get a pack and some discounts, but if you haven't had them before you probably won't miss them.

Just a thought....

Nick Mann
26-11-2003, 09:56 PM
But would new people get into it if there was nothing to see?

I wouldn't have.

KiwiTT
26-11-2003, 10:03 PM
I believe the goal of this website was for the support of VR4 and future VR4 owners. Most forum members are VR4 fans. Those that have paid are more wanting the actual club aspect.

This site is collecting a lot of valuable information, which will help the compilation of a buyers guide, I believe is being worked on.

Full membership drive was to assist in the running costs of the forum.

If the costs are to getting too high, available forums may need to be pruned.

ReggieK
26-11-2003, 10:04 PM
I take your point Nick - but only 1 priviledged forum? Would it be technically possible to give everyone say a trial period 3-6 months, with access to all forums - then restricted to just a few after that???

Just throwing some ideas into the ring.....

Nick Mann
26-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Could be. I am not saying that we should not restrict more areas. I was just trying to put forwards the opposite point of view. There are two points:

1. We need to aim to have the best VR4 site in the world. INSERT INTO post VALUES (I think that this is safely achieved!)
2. We need to aim for growth in both users and members.

I think that whilst we keep point 1 then point 2 will follow suit to a certain extent. The difficult part is to maximise point 2 without someone else coming along and taking over point 1!

I wish I had the perfect solution, but predicting what will work and what won't is very tricky! My opinion at the moment is that the club is doing very well in point 1 and is easily achieving point 2. Well done to the people involved!

Spirit
26-11-2003, 10:26 PM
It is a difficult issue and one that Barry and I have discussed a few times. Other members who have run/belonged to other clubs which have restricted access have commented on the decline of new members who refuse to pay to gain access.

Simple fact is at this moment in time Barry has decided the current format but it is under constant review.

More thoughts/comments are of course welcomed on the subject.

Pete

ReggieK
26-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Don't disagree. Just putting some ideas to address the cost issue.

I already think this is the best VR4 site in the entire world. :D Having been on other sites for other vehicles I know how useful these sites can be.

It's a shame that with 500+ users only 31 are willing to pay.

Anyway. I have stirred up enough trouble for one night :D Am going to log off now and watch Transporter. No not Train Spotting, Transporter. :p I'll tell you all about it tomorrow. :D Night, night.

Spirit
26-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Just think though of the benefits you will get:

1: Membership card - and very nice they are too trust me
2: Club sticker
3: Special discounts
4: Quarterly newsletter

and if they aren't enough don't forget what I consider to be the most important.....

first refusal at all future Club Events !

Now for example - for Japfest in May we already have 16 names down of people who want to go on the stand, and its still six months away. Lets say we get a stand for 20 cars and by then we have say 30 names down - well the FULLY PAID members will get first refusal on the spaces and non-members will miss out !

Personally I reckon 1-4 are worth £15 a year alone anyhow.

KiwiTT
26-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Not received "Membership Card, Stickers" yet

Spirit
26-11-2003, 10:52 PM
No-one has yet mate as Barry has yet to order them. As I posted in the Membership section, everyones money was only banked this week as we had a few issues to resolve with the Club bank account. That is now sorted and Barry can get the ball rolling this week.

KiwiTT
26-11-2003, 10:54 PM
:cool1: It 'll be like a Xmas present for us Full members.

Kieran
26-11-2003, 11:25 PM
What form is the Newsletter content going to take, and do you need some content writing... I think you have an eager pool of authors if you do!

Spirit
27-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Newsletter not finalised yet but will try an coincide with the Members Packs being sent out - probably got 50% of it done so far. Thanks for offer Kieran and I will PM you if/when need some help :D

Kieran
27-11-2003, 12:09 AM
No worries - I like to make a contribution where I can, even though I'm in the non-VR4 camp:D