PDA

View Full Version : Pic of standard VR4 exhaust

Davezj
03-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi all,

i have searched the post on here and have not been able to find what i am looking for. there was a link to thread which said it had a underside pic of a VR4, but it said i didn't have permision to view it. See below.
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=33

does anyone have a pic of standard VR4 exahust on or off a car.

I want to compar mine to a standard so i can find out if it just the back box which is Apexi or the whole thing.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Dan_G
03-02-2007, 09:36 PM
:inquisiti how bout this...

Davezj
03-02-2007, 09:38 PM
probably not the kind opertunity you want to photograph the bottom of you car but thank for the pic anyway.

Dave

Dan_G
03-02-2007, 09:40 PM
or maybe this is more helpful...

Davezj
03-02-2007, 09:59 PM
what car is it off?

Wouter
03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Thats a standard VR4 exhaust all right, complete with rust!

Axeboy
03-02-2007, 10:00 PM
looks like a standard vr4 exhaust m8

Legnum I presume, not that it would make a difference.

Dan_G
03-02-2007, 10:03 PM
what car is it off?

Yup, its my old one... off the Legnum... its got rust, holes and everything...

in fact its sat on the back garden... I really should take the cat off and store it for my next MOT... :thinking:

Davezj
03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
i might have problem then, the back "S" section looks a little different.

I have an Apexi Megaphone dunk on the back 5" hole. looks a bit big for the car but hay i didn't fit it. there looks to be less of a bend on the "S" section and more on the back box section.

I will have to look at mine more closely tomorrow to see if a stadard back box will fit.

Cheers for all the feed back

Dave

Gly
03-02-2007, 10:47 PM
will if you have a complete aftermarket system on,
the stock backbox wont fit without a cut and weld,

why would you want to go back to a stock system anyway?

Davezj
03-02-2007, 11:27 PM
I think maybe i have a stock system with a back box grafted on. or it starting to look that way.

I don't really want to remove it, but i have a hole where it shouldn't be and might take a bit of welding to fix it, and i don't want to be rushed in doing a quick job. If something is worth doing it is worth doing well.

And besides that i might have to buy a MIG welder before i get to repair it. i think an ARC welder might just blow a bigger hole in it.

Or there is the posibility of doing a temp job until i can get a Mig welder.
I have got some of this 2 part putty which is heat/Water resistant a did a great job of repairing my old Jeep radiator, wich was repaired when wet and still sealed the hole. So i might give it a go tomorrow, and fill the hole for a week or two.

Gly
04-02-2007, 01:50 AM
depending on where the hole is you can always bandaid it,
i rivited a bit of metal over a hole in a old muffler once, used some hi temp sealant between the metal,

did the job.

bradc
04-02-2007, 05:46 AM
wtf happened in that first pic?

psbarham
04-02-2007, 01:27 PM
wtf happened in that first pic?
its called an accident , it normally occurs shortly after the phrase "ooooohhhhhhhh fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk"

Davezj
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
well i gave it go and used some of this 2 part putty and it worked into the crack and smoothed off. It took about 10 min to go hard and 1 hour to cure completely.
I took it out for a spirited drive with loads of max boost hi revs but the putty stayed in place with no leaks. i am well impressed with that.
Temp job done.
i will have to make a metal panel up to do a proper job later.
I first bought this 2 part putty at £7 a tube. then found it in a pound shop and bought all they had for £1 a tube unfortunatly they only had 6 tubes. The putty is supposed to be good up to 150 Degree C so shold be OK on the back box. but further forward mybe not so good.

bradc
04-02-2007, 06:56 PM
psb, I figured that much out, but it looks like a facelift vr-4 with an NZ plate, I was curious to see if anyone knew who's it was, or how it happened