PDA

View Full Version : dealers are doing my head in

soapy1978
06-02-2007, 01:12 PM
my car has gone in to main dealers for the clucth it had been in there 10 minute and i get a phone saying ur car is a manual as the chassie no. is coming up as a auto .
my answer was i just drove it into you and you check it over and moved it as i left so you can see it manual .

so once they had gone out side to check it again they rang me back to say o yes your right it is a manual and it going to cost me £1600 for new clutch and fly wheel even know they had told me it would be around £650 to do before i took it in there

darren

Paul Beazer
06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
A standard clutch wouldnt be much more than £150, so where does the other £1450 come from?
My V6 had a brand new manual gearbox and clutch fitted by a mitsu dealer for £1500 all in!
£650 sounds nearer the mark.....
If i remember they priced this out as a 3 hour job, a VR4 shouldnt be that much longer!

stuartturbo
06-02-2007, 01:35 PM
tell em bodocks and take it else where thats some increase in price pucker on for that price

WildCards
06-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Give WRD a call Darren. Sounds like they don't want the job to me.

Physician
06-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Time to call WRD? :thinking:

Nutter_John
06-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Standard Clutch is 250 , Standard Flywheel is 250

So you'd be looking at 500 for the parts alone , how they could price you for 650 I don't know as it takes around 10 hours to change a clutch and flywheel

Send wrdmotorsport a pm and see if they can sort you out ( bet they can ;) )

Wodjno
06-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Standard Clutch is 250 , Standard Flywheel is 250

So you'd be looking at 500 for the parts alone , how they could price you for 650 I don't know as it takes around 10 hours to change a clutch and flywheel

Send wrdmotorsport a pm and see if they can sort you out ( bet they can ;) )

10hrs ??? Your avin a Giraffe aren't you ?? :inquisiti

Nutter_John
06-02-2007, 02:21 PM
10 hrs is a good estimate you need to drop the driveshafts , transfer box , the battery and whole load of other stuff to get to all the bolts to then remove the gearbox

I had mine done last year and it actually took a lot long than 10 hrs but the standard book time is around 10hrs

Remember glen to change a TC seal it is a 12hr job and your not doing much less to do a clutch

Wodjno
06-02-2007, 02:24 PM
10 hrs is a good estimate you need to drop the driveshafts , transfer box , the battery and whole load of other stuff to get to all the bolts to then remove the gearbox

I had mine done last year and it actually took a lot long than 10 hrs but the standard book time is around 10hrs

Remember glen to change a TC seal it is a 12hr job and your not doing much less to do a clutch
In 12hrs i could strip the whole car to pieces :thinking:

PS... Whats your estimate to replace a CV Boot x 1 !! Properly that is, not a Glued 1 ??

MGV6
06-02-2007, 02:30 PM
The prices for parts will be the same at all Mitsubishi dealers, its just a question of how many hours they believe it going to take them do the job and of course where you live because depending on where you live, labour rates vary. London tends to have the highest labour rates.

Usually if they give you a quote before hand, that is the price that you should pay unless you state something else as extra afterwards. What I normally do is record all calls so that way I have proof of what has and hasn't been said.

Nutter_John
06-02-2007, 02:32 PM
In 12hrs i could strip the whole car to pieces :thinking:

PS... Whats your estimate to replace a CV Boot x 1 !! Properly that is, not a Glued 1 ??

Yep I agree totally Glen I could even strip the car down to bits in 12hr's but cI could not put it back togethor again ;)

Not sure how long a cv boot would take but would ( talking out of arse mode engauged) thnik you just need to remove the drive shaft which is around 1.5hrs-2hrs depending on how stubbon the bolts and driveshft is (arse mode dis-enagauged)

Anyway I'm not a mechcanic just posting up some details of things I've had done by WRD sure he will be along when he's back home tonite

Wodjno
06-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Darren... Give Pez a call ! Remember he has his Mitzy Mates down there in London.. :scholar:

Have you already got parts ?? Are they standard or uprated ??

Wodjno
06-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Yep I agree totally Glen I could even strip the car down to bits in 12hr's but cI could not put it back togethor again ;)

Not sure how long a cv boot would take but would ( talking out of arse mode engauged) thnik you just need to remove the drive shaft which is around 1.5hrs-2hrs depending on how stubbon the bolts and driveshft is (arse mode dis-enagauged)

Anyway I'm not a mechcanic just posting up some details of things I've had done by WRD sure he will be along when he's back home tonite

But saying with my limited room space and facilitys... In a Garage that has all the kit and facilitys it should be a Doddle.. :inquisiti

Pezza's Mitzy mates changed his CV Boot it 20mins flat :speechles 1-2 hrs is prolly right if your using a jack and a spanner on your driveway.. :D

soapy1978
06-02-2007, 02:41 PM
it is at a Mitsubishi dealers by me and i was going to get wrd to do it but it died all togeather and i couldn't of drove it up to them and my boss would only let me recovery it the the dealer close to me for free and i need it done asap as it mot time and it out of mot aswell now this way i should haveit back by friday and in for mot saturday afternoon

darren

Wodjno
06-02-2007, 02:44 PM
it is at a Mitsubishi dealers by me and i was going to get wrd to do it but it died all togeather and i couldn't of drove it up to them and my boss would only let me recovery it the the dealer close to me for free and i need it done asap as it mot time and it out of mot aswell now this way i should haveit back by friday and in for mot saturday afternoon

darren
So pay to recover it, up to Pezza mates and then it will be sorted pretty soon.. Surely the cost of recovery will pay for itself by getting the job done a whole lot cheaper :speechles

Thats a lot of unnescessary money you will be wasting !!
PS.. Your Boss sounds like a right Arse /Grrr

soapy1978
06-02-2007, 02:46 PM
just got off phone to them and the quote for £650 was for a stanard galant not a vr4 and them was told me they cant get a fly wheel so looks like i might be pulling it out of there now

Wodjno
06-02-2007, 02:52 PM
just got off phone to them and the quote for £650 was for a stanard galant not a vr4 and them was told me they cant get a fly wheel so looks like i might be pulling it out of there now

Nice 1.. I'm gonna PM you Pezza's Mob Number.. He is having a word with his mates.. Drop him a call and get summat sorted :D

Nutter_John
06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
when I needed a new flywheel it was a special order for japan jobby which was stated as 3 weeks , if needed there is the lightened flywheel like mine from a place in stoke for around 100 more than stock price

soapy1978
06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
So pay to recover it, up to Pezza mates and then it will be sorted pretty soon.. Surely the cost of recovery will pay for itself by getting the job done a whole lot cheaper :speechles

Thats a lot of unnescessary money you will be wasting !!
PS.. Your Boss sounds like a right Arse /Grrr

has anyone got pezza's no. i just pmed him but nt shore when he be on line again

and as for my boss he great but his brother is the arse thinks he owns the firm

so i on th look out again for someone to fit the clutch wrd wish to tae it on as i could get it up on my dads aa cover i just ask him

darren

stuartturbo
06-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Get ya spanners out mate we'll give it a go

soapy1978
06-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Get ya spanners out mate we'll give it a go

i been emailing wrd and it looking like they going to be coming down to my dads garage to do it over the pit it not 100% on yet but spoke to dad in portigul and he up for letting me use the garage .

darren

stuartturbo
06-02-2007, 08:10 PM
if they do i'll pop in

Wodjno
06-02-2007, 08:12 PM
i been emailing wrd and it looking like they going to be coming down to my dads garage to do it over the pit it not 100% on yet but spoke to dad in portigul and he up for letting me use the garage .

darren

Did you get a good price :happy:

Did they undercut Mitzy by a Tenner /pan

What about parts Darren, Have you got them sorted yet :thinking:

ANTHONY
06-02-2007, 08:25 PM
if they do i'll pop in let us know i'll come over and see the old gits as well

soapy1978
06-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Did you get a good price :happy:

Did they undercut Mitzy by a Tenner /pan

What about parts Darren, Have you got them sorted yet :thinking:

haven't got the parts sorted but wrd on the case of it now

darren

soapy1978
06-02-2007, 09:10 PM
if they do i'll pop in

let us know i'll come over and see the old gits as well

o.k i let you two know when they coming down once i know

darren

soapy1978
07-02-2007, 08:51 PM
right i going to get my car saturday afternoon as spoke to the dealer again and he still not heard about flywheel so it coming home and ether pezza's mate or wrd going to get the job

darren