PDA

View Full Version : schrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeccch

Ultra VR-4
27-11-2003, 02:00 AM
Im guessing the scchrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccchh sound I get when I brake means its time to replace my brake pads?:shrug:

KiwiTT
27-11-2003, 02:38 AM
Mine only does it at light foot pressure and not at heavy pressure.

Looking at getting new brakes at my next service.

Brind
27-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Screechy brakes isn't always just a warning of duff brakes but simple dirt build up will cause it too.
Some hard material brake pads screech all the time, it's just one of those things.
My car sits around alot of the time and rust builds up on them, when I come to drive it they squeak like hell for a while until it rubs off.

Best to check them out though obviously.

Ultra VR-4
27-11-2003, 10:13 PM
It is actually more of a grinding sound, but yeah, it does only happens in the morning when the brakes a little cold... well better get it checked out anyways...
thanks

Brind
27-11-2003, 10:28 PM
A mate of mine had a Ford Sierra and drove like a lunatic everywhere, we were going along a twisty country lane when after some very heavy braking he had actually worn everything away! :rolleyes: :nono:
Until we could pull over he was yanking on the handbrake.. the noise from the footbrake brakes was a scrapping sound and sounded like two pieces of metal rubbing against each other.. which in fact it was. :D

Vowed never to get in the car with him again....:nono: :D