PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used Fullrun Tyres

Davezj
08-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Hi,
anyone used or heard of fullrun HP199 or S800 tyres.

They are dirt cheap so i would not be expecting much, but the tread patern looks good. i can't find any reviews of them.

I would like to try some of the following as well.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T%2FA+KDW+2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=General&tireModel=Exclaim+UHP

http://www.fullruntyre.com/en/Exhibit/typelist.asp?cid=2

Particularly the BF Goodrich they are look great, and should be good in the dry as the rubber contact area looks massive. Not sure about the wet traction.

just a thought.

ritch_w
08-02-2007, 10:33 AM
they are fine for ££

White Lightning
08-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I've got a set of Antyre HP188 's and I expect they are the same manufacturer given the model code. I have got these for one set of wheels and on the others I have got Falken FK452's. The Falkens are head and shoulders better than the budget type (Antyre) ... but then if they are cheap you can't expect a lot. I didn't purchase the Antyre's, they came on the car and if I'm honest I would not buy them again.

Spirit
08-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Camskill seem to sell Fullrun - maybe give them a call ?

Simon
08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Ive got a set of Fullrun's for our car. They have a copy pattern of the 451's, look good and arent too bad for grip for normal driving, but as soon as they get hot or have to deal with standing water they are.................crap.....but that is comparing them to the Falkens!. im gonna use then again, but they go on the back of my car! :thinking: :happy: for the price, compared to Falken they win.

nick-f1
10-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I am currently in the throes of buying a set of Team Dynamics Equinox SS wheels with Fullrun tyres for my Legnum, a chap I know has them on his 5.7l Holden and reckons they are pretty good for the money and are excellent in the wet. But I shall reserve judgement until new wheels are fitted on thursday. Sadly I cant afford Goodyear F1`s as well as the wheels. :sad3:

Nick

Davezj
11-02-2007, 08:31 PM
I would be interested to hear what you have to say about the tyres as they are only £55 for 225/40/18 and they would do nicely for my mot at the end of march.

nick-f1
11-02-2007, 10:08 PM
yes ok... suffice to say I shall be giving them a thorough... ahem.. er ..testing in the next few days. I am paying the same price for 215/45/17 `s all in , I prefer the slightly higher profile as I carry my band gear in the back as well as the odd outboard or two!

Davezj
13-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Nice one

nick-f1
09-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Well after giving my new fullrun tyres a good blat in all weathers/rally (except snow we dont get that in sunny Bournemouth) suffice to say I am dis apointed with them. They are pretty good for grip in the dry but a little noisy, and suprisingly good in the wet but.... if the roads are damp or drying with wet patches or standing puddles lookout!.............. Its like driving across a patch of ice, they just let go and lurch to the side with little warning. They are not a patch on the dunlops on my original wheels, wish i had stretched to the extra for Falkens or Goodyear Eagles /pan . Will definitely not be buying them again, but for 50 quid a corner all in I suppose I cant complain. But on drying roads they dont inspire confidence at all.:5shots:
Nick

PS: My wheels look effin great!! Totally transform the look of the car.

Davezj
10-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Cheers for the update

Dave